Job Offer From Stellar- Box Hill, Victoria

KRAZZY10

Hello everyone

Today I got a Job Offer from Stellar, Box Hill, a call center i think and they have offered me a full time role with them M to F only. I wondered if there is anyone who knows about the co. much and job environment etc? I have checked the reviews which is 3 out of 5 and fun lovemaking environment but a stressful work life. Not sure what true as i have to move from Adelaide , just to start a new life in Melbourne after lived like 3+ years here in Adelaide.They are offering like $20 Per hour which is not bad but what about in terms of expenses and everything as i am the sole earner so far and i have my family moving with me especially 2 kids.

Also, how good is Box Hill Victoria if i have to move from Adelaide?

An earliest response would be appreciate much.

Thanks

Edited by KRAZZY10

I would not contemplate moving interstate for a call centre job paying $20 per hour.

Really that is not a good rate of pay at all and can't see how you would support a family on that. 

It will probably be casual to start with anyway and they may get rid of you if  they feel like it and then you will be very upset if you have moved interstate.

Rent around Box Hill is not cheap either so you will struggle in my opinion.

• Like 2

Guest The Pom Queen

I understand you may want to move from Adelaide but like Parley said try and find a more secure job and make sure it's not commission only.

Hello everyone
Today I got a Job Offer from Stellar, Box Hill, a call center i think and they have offered me a full time role with them M to F only. I wondered if there is anyone who knows about the co. much and job environment etc? I have checked the reviews which is 3 out of 5 and fun lovemaking environment but a stressful work life. Not sure what true as i have to move from Adelaide , just to start a new life in Melbourne after lived like 3+ years here in Adelaide.They are offering like $20 Per hour which is not bad but what about in terms of expenses and everything as i am the sole earner so far and i have my family moving with me especially 2 kids.
Also, how good is Box Hill Victoria if i have to move from Adelaide?

An earliest response would be appreciate much.

Thanks

Lovemaking environment would be a perk I suppose [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app
  • Like 1

I cannot speak for the work environment but Box Hill itself is a pretty decent place geographically speaking. It is a pretty ethnically diverse place with a heavy Chinese influence so expect to encounter frequent Mandarin/Cantonese. Hideously expensive (although where in the east is not). 

Pretty good transport links - it is the main hub for trains in Eastern Melbourne. 

$20 is pretty good! My understanding is that goods tend to be more expense in SA but renting is far higher in Melbourne so swings and roundabouts

Do you also receive any support from the government to top up the $20 per hour? You don't need to give any personal details, just that I would think $20 an hour would be EXTREMELY challenging to bring up a family on that.

Say it's 40 hour week that's only 40k, on a normal tax code take home $35k (just under $3,000 per month in hand) - all based on a normal tax code (unsure if you're on a different code).

I wouldn't move my family interstate for that no. Each to their own but you may struggle a lot and it may be extremely stressful.