For those who applied after their nominations got approved and its six months since you lodged your visa,;would you need to apply for a new nomination application as it expires in six months.plz answer if anyone knows

You have to lodge your application within 6 months of nomination grant, according to this : http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/186-

Hi all,

I have been following this thread for a while now it's time to jump in :)

My timeline is:

Direct Entry

Nomination lodged: 22-09-2015| Status: waiting

Visa application lodged: 25-09-2015| Status waiting

I was hoping having my PR granted way before March (= 6 months) but it looks like it's now a bit too ambitious...

I am going overseas from the 18th of March 2016 and I might not have my PR by then considering also that if I need a Bridging Visa B I need to apply for it at least 2 weeks before the date of travel so before the 4th of March.

I am a bit confused because when I applied for my PR in Sep 2015 I was still under my 457 visa which ends in Dec 2017 but I still received a Bridging Visa A.

Does that mean that I am no longer on my 457 visa and only on my bridging visa A? If so I will need a bridging B for my trip but if I understood well and if I am still on my 457 which hasn't expired, I can leave the country and come back without telling anyone.

Does anyone can help me with that?

Cheers

Hi all,

My timeline is:

Direct Entry

I was hoping having my PR granted way before March (= 6 months) but it looks like it's now a bit too ambitious...

I am going overseas from the 18th of March 2016 and I might not have my PR by then considering also that if I need a Bridging Visa B I need to apply for it at least 2 weeks before the date of travel so before the 4th of March.

I am a bit confused because when I applied for my PR in Sep 2015 I was still under my 457 visa which ends in Dec 2017 but I still received a Bridging Visa A.

Does that mean that I am no longer on my 457 visa and only on my bridging visa A? If so I will need a bridging B for my trip but if I understood well and if I am still on my 457 which hasn't expired, I can leave the country and come back without telling anyone.

Cheers

Your bridging visa A will become active once your 457 is expired. You can travel overseas any number of times before your 457 visa expires without telling anyone. But if you are returning after your 457 expires, it is mandatory to have bridginig visa B in your hand, because you cannot apply BVB from outside australia.

Your bridging visa A will become active once your 457 is expired. You can travel overseas any number of times before your 457 visa expires without telling anyone. But if you are returning after your 457 expires, it is mandatory to have bridginig visa B in your hand, because you cannot apply BVB from outside australia.

Thanks a lot for your response.

Finally a good news about all this waiting phase :cute:

Also, does it matter if my PR get granted while I am away?

Hi MariElodie,

I am in a similar situation and from personal experience, in your case there are no restrictions on travelling in and out of the country.

Cheers

Thanks for your response.

"from personal experience", you mean that you did already travel overseas and being in the same situation as me?

Hi all,

My timeline is:

Direct Entry

Cheers

My understanding is based on what it is mentioned on my Bridging Visa grant notification as I'm in the same situation

"This bridging visa is not in effect because your Temporary Business Entry visa is currently in

effect."

As our 457 are still valid then the bridging visa does not come to the picture and only the 457 rules apply. So you have the right to go overseas without asking anything.

Hope that makes sense.

My understanding is based on what it is mentioned on my Bridging Visa grant notification as I'm in the same situation

"This bridging visa is not in effect because your Temporary Business Entry visa is currently in

effect."

As our 457 are still valid then the bridging visa does not come to the picture and only the 457 rules apply. So you have the right to go overseas without asking anything.

Hope that makes sense.

Yes I just saw this line on my bridging Visa grant as well.

Totally makes sense yes. I didn't want to screw everything up just for 2 weeks on holiday so I rather double check..

Yes I just saw this line on my bridging Visa grant as well.

Totally makes sense yes. I didn't want to screw everything up just for 2 weeks on holiday so I rather double check..

Hi, I travelled last October for 3 weeks and I just informed DIBP of my travel dates. No need to get BvB as your 457 visa is still valid.

For those who applied after their nominations got approved and its six months since you lodged your visa,;would you need to apply for a new nomination application as it expires in six months.plz answer if anyone knows

You must submit your application within 6 months of the nomination being granted. As long as you've done this, you don't need to worry about the nomination expiring.

There are many from July who are not very active on this forum, its quite possible they have received there Grants and we just don't know about it.

E.g- @David14, @jamie14, @SheenaK0711, @S11mmx, @Sandhu, @Bhullar, @shanechan517, @NGS, @Jaymal, @UktoOz, @Freddy

Hi mate, Im still waiting........ Nomination and Application both 30/07 - Application received with no response :-(

Have read quite a few forums today though and the general consensus is that after Australia day approvals will increase as immi staff return from holidays once schools return (based on last few years of approvals) Hope this helps settle some nerves...