14 hours ago, Satbir said:

It is just to get people excited i am sure there is no reality into it unfortunately , it has been over 16 months for me.

They have been processing new applications a lot recently and this is exactly it: to lower the average time taken shown on their site.

it looks good on the CV of whoever is in charge: “I managed to speed up the processing time by X%”, which in fact is just playing with numbers.

On 06/09/2019 at 00:57, cyril_au said:

1. No, only your employer can receive updates regarding the nomination they filled.
2. Based on what MA told my employer the Department of Home Affairs does not provide any status updates and its processing time is a part of overall processing time for 186 (not 100% sure about the last one).
3. You are supposed to pay the costs of your visa application unless you can convince your employer to pay instead.
4. Based on what I've seen here it is very discretional and even random. Also, my CO asked for a new police clearance (NZ) even though the one I provided hasn't expired yet. And yes, you can lodge as soon as you have all documents collected, there is no need to wait for nomination to be approved. Some people prefer not to do so to delay application fees payment. But there is a chance that if you apply the same time your application will be reviewed soon after the nomination - I have few friends whos applications were finalised the next day after their nomination.
5. I'm looking for an answer as well 🙂 But logically you should probably not be able to cancel your OVHC until you change your current visa as mantaining OVHC is most likely a condition of your current visa 457/482/... And generally there is not benefit I can think about from enrolling with Medicare before 186 is yours - there is a chance that you'll be paying more for it (~2% of your annual income, but please check) and you might also have to pay medicare surcharge for the period of the year you were on it.

Thank you for your detailed answer.

I researched further on my question number 5 and found some forums that had similar questions to mine:

In general, most of the cases are quite safe to cancel your OVHC. However, there are few catches to be mindful of:

1. Make sure that your temporary Medicare validity is long enough to cover all of your visa processing time. This again is tricky because we don't know how long our cases would take.
  2. Medicare does not cover ambulance costs.
  3. Medicare levy taxes. After you applied for PR, you entitled to Medicare so this might become more complicated. You also might want to work out the math whether you pay more or less.

On 06/09/2019 at 08:33, MaggieMay24 said:

There's no requirement for the employer to pay any costs for your PR nomination or visa.  I'm not 100% on the SAF fee, but as far as I know, they can tell you to pay all the costs.  Some employers will require the employee to pay everything, some employers will pay for the nomination as well as the visa costs, and some will require some sharing of the costs.

I have read the same article that cyril_au mentioned about the cost of sponsoring. Ideally, the employer supposed to pay the cost for nominating and the SAF fee while the applicant takes care of their own visa application fee. However, this might be somewhat different in the real world where there are negotiations or exploitations happen.

Thank you all for your replies!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vladislav said:

Hi guys, applied on 186 on the 17th of April 2019. My nomination got approved on the 6th of September. Already applied on police checks and already done my Health examination. How long do you recon will it take after when I longe the rest of documents? Thank you.

what was your occupation 

18 hours ago, cyril_au said:

Is your spouse the main applicant, otherwise why do you think those documents are relevant for 186/187?

no i am main applicant but dha need at least funtional english and to prove i need her either sit in english test or show them 5 or 2 years of study in english medium.

6 hours ago, Kinnu said:

TRT visas seems to be approved way quicker than DE, seems to have quicker estimated processing times.

Just wondering if anyone who has applied DE is same timelines with our applications? Or how many months has it been before approved?

I guess the difference in the processing time is mainly due to the higher number of documents (education, experience, language) that DE applicants have to provide and the greater chance of mistake or a number of s56 requests. 

My colleague has recently received his 186 DE PR after waiting for just a bit more than a week since the date of the nomination & visa lodgement. 

12 hours ago, Kinnu said:

TRT visas seems to be approved way quicker than DE, seems to have quicker estimated processing times.

Just wondering if anyone who has applied DE is same timelines with our applications? Or how many months has it been before approved?

Not always,  my application is trt, sharing almost same timeline with yours, my application is still in further assessment from 29/07/19 after I submitted my wife's AFP, (previous name missing). I do believe that is a matter of luck, it seems that some CO's taking things seriously and others just time...

5 hours ago, dejuvu said:

Hello all,

We just put in our application last week, we didn’t receive any notification of HAP ID for health check. May I know should we wait for IMMI to issue us or can we ask for it? 

Did you submit your application via ImmiOnline? You are supposed to receive HAP ID after filling your Health Assessment form on your application details page, if you haven't had your medical examinations done in the last year.

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 2.38.28 pm.png

2 hours ago, cyril_au said:

Did you submit your application via ImmiOnline? You are supposed to receive HAP ID after filling your Health Assessment form on your application details page, if you haven't had your medical examinations done in the last year.

Screen Shot 2019-09-10 at 2.38.28 pm.png

Our MA filled on our behalf so I wasn’t sure what was submitted. However, we received our bridging visa (inactive ) and I wonder if we can apply for our interim Medicare card as well? Thank you for answering my question! Cheers

On 04/09/2019 at 05:31, sydneyishuk said:

Hi @emon_061

It is the same as onshore, although onshore may be given a priority to offshore. As per Home Affairs website current processing time frames;

186 Direct Entry Stream Processing Time

• 75% of applications: 15 months
  • 90% of applications: 19 months

However these are just indicative.  Some recent grants have shown a little as 2 months, others months to 1 year or even 2 years.

You can create an immi account and import your application to keep an eye on it if you wish.  Simply to to https://online.immi.gov.au/lusc/login and click create ImmiAccount, fill out requested details and you will need your application reference too to complete the import.

Hello Concern, my application submitted by my agent's lawyer from Australia. In this case, I have application ID and detail but cant import. If they apply can I import actually?

Its says:

An error has occurred

No application matching the data entered has been found. Please check the information and try again. Note that applications submitted at offshore posts are typically not accessible through ImmiAccount.

Please help how to know my application status.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

//Saif

7 hours ago, dejuvu said:

Our MA filled on our behalf so I wasn’t sure what was submitted. However, we received our bridging visa (inactive ) and I wonder if we can apply for our interim Medicare card as well? Thank you for answering my question! Cheers

In that case, you need to contact your MA to get your HAP ID details, as I am guessing they provided Health Assessment details on your behalf.

Yes, you can apply for your Medicare card:
https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/subjects/how-enrol-and-get-started-medicare/enrolling-medicare/how-enrol-medicare-if-youre-australian-permanent-resident/documents-enrol-medicare-if-youve-applied-permanent-residency