15 hours ago, Bips22 said:

Keep your attitude to yourself. And don't tell me what to post and what not to. You Don't Own this forum. My knowledge is confirmed too and from my personal experience. Advised by my MA and Immigration, on enquiry. When applicant is on 457 visa and applies for 186, which I am in, still has to maintain private health Insurance, Which is VISA REQUIREMENT and stated in VISA Documentation as well. This has to continue, till 186 is GRANTED, or case officer may reject the visa.

Dear friend, I am sorry to tell you that information you provided is incorrect. The visa requirement does not state that one has to maintain private health insurance. The requirement (#8501) means "that you must maintain fully comprehensive health insurance while you are in Australia". Medicare health insurance falls in this category and is sufficient to satisfy the 8501 condition.

Surely, one can choose to keep his private health insurance, but he does not have to.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, KazBaker said:

Breaking news : Scott Morrison is next PM

I am sorry to say that, but I do not understand much about politics here, can you please say if it is something bad or good for us?

Edited by dschmidt
missing word
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, kp au said:

my point is, untill you get your PR stay on private medical, you gonna get money back in tax return, people like  me we never use medicare in our student life and all, so we dont need to pay private health care in advance...

Exactly my point .. your and my cases are different..  I am NOT a student.. was  years ago.... Now I am on 457. You can save  YOUR money but couple hundred dollars doesn't bother me, keeping my family safe. And my agent is a top notch migration agent who has a record of getting most approvals... So I am happy with her advices !!

4 hours ago, Prashant Shukla said:

Yes you are right. it is a requirement for any 457 visa holders to have adequate private insurance. PR application does allow you to get an interim medicare card but that doesn't mean you should get rid of your private insurance as you are still on 457 , neither your bridging visa has started (start date would be when your 457 ends) nor your PR has been granted. 

I do understand that some people here think that they are the department or Migration Agent but that shouldn't worry you; don't lose your calm.

I think people here need to understand that everybody who has applied for a PR goes through anxiety and every little thing annoys them. So let's respect people, provide info we are aware of , share timelines but not jab.

I like the way you replied though. Have a wonderful day.

Thanks, was just trying to help. Been here since so many years and seen so many times, small mistake and people loose their Applications, so I like to be safe and advice that. 

All good dear. All the best.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, galisuman said:

I agree with you... there is no harm in keeping private insurance... my wife was hospitalised few months back and luckily I was with NIB which covered many surgical costs which "interim" medicare doesn't. The medicare is very useful post-op GP care not for actual emergencies or hospital cover trust me on this please...

Thanks dear.

30 minutes ago, dschmidt said:

I am sorry to say that, but I do not understand much about politics here, can you please say if it is something bad or good for us?

The new PM is a bit better than the one wanted to be PM i mean Peter Dutton (Potato). Yes i believe we migrants are in hope

2 hours ago, Eddy101 said:

I just checked my immiaccount page and somehow, all the files I uploaded for my wife and child had disappeared. My files are still there. There is no longer a slot asking for it so I am assuming they have seen it and updated it. Anyone else had this experience? It was weird that now it says 0 attachments received. 

Hi all, seems like everyone is talking about the health insurance or the PM and my question here was buried. If anyone had experienced this, would be nice if you could share. Should I be worried

3 minutes ago, Eddy101 said:

Hi all, seems like everyone is talking about the health insurance or the PM and my question here was buried. If anyone had experienced this, would be nice if you could share. Should I be worried

Hi, I just logged in to my account to check this. In my case under the name of my wife it is written "11 attachments received of 60 maximum.". So, I do not experience the issue you reported. If I were you I would give a call to the immigration, to investigate this problem.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Prashant Shukla said:

Yes you are right. it is a requirement for any 457 visa holders to have adequate private insurance. PR application does allow you to get an interim medicare card but that doesn't mean you should get rid of your private insurance as you are still on 457 , neither your bridging visa has started (start date would be when your 457 ends) nor your PR has been granted. 

I do understand that some people here think that they are the department or Migration Agent but that shouldn't worry you; don't lose your calm.

I think people here need to understand that everybody who has applied for a PR goes through anxiety and every little thing annoys them. So let's respect people, provide info we are aware of , share timelines but not jab.

I like the way you replied though. Have a wonderful day.

If it helps anyone, I never had private healthcare only Medicare and my 186 got approved last month. Appreciated it's different for everyone but thought maybe my experience might put someone at ease ?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pzuk said:

If it helps anyone, I never had private healthcare only Medicare and my 186 got approved last month. Appreciated it's different for everyone but thought maybe my experience might put someone at ease ?

Thanks really for the info. But which country you are from ?

54 minutes ago, Loktar said:

Hi, I just logged in to my account to check this. In my case under the name of my wife it is written "11 attachments received of 60 maximum.". So, I do not experience the issue you reported. If I were you I would give a call to the immigration, to investigate this problem.

Hi, Thanks for the response. May call them and ask.

3 hours ago, Eddy101 said:

I just checked my immiaccount page and somehow, all the files I uploaded for my wife and child had disappeared. My files are still there. There is no longer a slot asking for it so I am assuming they have seen it and updated it. Anyone else had this experience? It was weird that now it says 0 attachments received. 

Hi Eddy 

i just noticed that I have same problem like you. My wife’s document disappeared from my immi account. I just send email to my MA regarding about this issue. If you find any solution, pls let me know. Thanks 

1 minute ago, Ram_87 said:

Hi Eddy 

i just noticed that I have same problem like you. My wife’s document disappeared from my immi account. I just send email to my MA regarding about this issue. If you find any solution, pls let me know. Thanks 

Hi @Ram_87 I called and must have been a record because I got  through after a few seconds. They told me that they do periodically remove documents if they deemed it not required. This happens often when we put too much information. This she said is a good thing as they may have looked through your application briefly. So unless they ask for more information, just keep your fingers crossed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eddy101 said:

Hi @Ram_87 I called and must have been a record because I got  through after a few seconds. They told me that they do periodically remove documents if they deemed it not required. This happens often when we put too much information. This she said is a good thing as they may have looked through your application briefly. So unless they ask for more information, just keep your fingers crossed.

Very interesting information, thanks for sharing mate. This provides an additional way to track the application progress.

9 minutes ago, Eddy101 said:

Thanks for your reply 

7 minutes ago, Loktar said:

Very interesting information, thanks for sharing mate. This provides an additional way to track the application progress.

Hi there,

Indeed. Would be interesting to see if for those who had their application approved, did they experience the same thing. It seem to only happen for co-aplicants though.