Hi all

can someone tell how long does it take to get PCC in Oz.

as I live in NSW do I need to apply through courier or in person?

one more thing Melbourne office is closer to me just couple of hrs drive, 

or can I update it later after lodging my visa, I want to travel to India and submit from their one of friend said it's matter of 5mins over their to get the certificate.

thanks in advance 

Edited by Siddu

30 minutes ago, Praveen Reddy said:

True mate, immi has really slowed down. Not seen any new files opened on this forum from past 2 weeks.

Yes mate.

after announcement of visa changes there is no approval..

i heard that its gonna make impact on 186 & 187. 

True???

4 minutes ago, Hapy said:

Yes mate.

after announcement of visa changes there is no approval..

i heard that its gonna make impact on 186 & 187. 

True???

The below information could be use full for those who were worried about recent changes will affect 187 or not?

Changes affecting 186 ENS and 187 RSMS visa:

Date of  Change  Nature of Change and Effect  Pre-19 April 2017
 From 19  April 2017
  • Changes to occupations that can be nominated for 186 ENS (Direct Entry steam) visa – Direct Entry stream) (does not affect 187 RSMS visa or 186 RSMS (Temporary Residence Transitional stream) visa. Introducing Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and Short-term Skilled Occupations List (STSOL):
    • 216 occupations removed
    • 24 occupations will have nomination restricted to regional Australia (caveats)
  • Nominate an occupation that is on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List. No occupation specific nomination restriction.
 From 01 July  2017
  • English language requirement: IELTS of 6 required in each component.
  • Maximum age of 45 at the time of application for Direct Entry stream.
  • Maximum age of 50 at the time of application for Temporary Residence Transitional stream (current requirement).
  • Only the Direct Entry stream requires competent English (for IELTS, 6 in each component). Vocational English (for IELTS, 5 in each component) is required for Temporary Residence Transitional stream.
  • Maximum age of 50 at the time of application both Direct Entry and Temporary Residence Transitional stream.
 Before 31  December  2017
  • Collection of Tax File Number (TFN) for 457 visa holders and other employer sponsored migrants for data matching with ATO.
  • Publication of sanctioned sponsors.
  • No collection of TFN.
  • No publication of sanctioned sponsor.
 From March  2018
  • MLTSSL will apply for both 186 (ENS) and 187 (RSMS) visas with additional occupation available for 187 RSMS.
  • Employer must pay the Australian market salary and meet the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT) which is currently $53,900.
  • The period before eligible to apply for permanent residence through the Temporary Residence Transitional stream extends from 2 years to 3 years.
  • At least 3 years’ relevant work experience.
  • Maximum age of 45 at the time of application for all applicants.
  • Strengthened training requirement.
  • For 186 ENS, nominate an occupation that is on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List.
  • For 187 RSMS, nominate an occupation that is at ANZSCO skill level 1 to 3.
  • Employer must pay the Australian market salary but do not need to meet TSMIT.
  • The period before eligible to apply for permanent residence through the Temporary Residence Transitional stream is 2 years.
  • No need for work experience for 187 RSMS.
  • Maximum age of 45 at the time of application with certain exemptions.
  • No training requirement for 187 RSMS. For 186 ENS, training requirement same as 457

• Like 1

After these updates, I decided to change my application to subclass 132, and withdraw my 186 application. good luck to all of you guys...

But why mate?

I think your file was already opened and doc requested on 23/03/2017. So you are not far from your approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Praveen Reddy said:

But why mate?

I think your file was already opened and doc requested on 23/03/2017. So you are not far from your approval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes you are right. I wanna live in Melbourne but they requested me to live in Sydney for 2 years. requested document was about amending to employee contract and I do not want to change it. when I see these rumours about 186 and 457 , I decided to go with a new path that will assure my expectations.

19 hours ago, Praveen Reddy said:

The below information could be use full for those who were worried about recent changes will affect 187 or not?

Changes affecting 186 ENS and 187 RSMS visa:

Date of  Change  Nature of Change and Effect  Pre-19 April 2017
 From 19  April 2017
  • Changes to occupations that can be nominated for 186 ENS (Direct Entry steam) visa – Direct Entry stream) (does not affect 187 RSMS visa or 186 RSMS (Temporary Residence Transitional stream) visa. Introducing Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and Short-term Skilled Occupations List (STSOL):
    • 216 occupations removed
    • 24 occupations will have nomination restricted to regional Australia (caveats)
  • Nominate an occupation that is on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List. No occupation specific nomination restriction.
 From 01 July  2017
  • English language requirement: IELTS of 6 required in each component.
  • Maximum age of 45 at the time of application for Direct Entry stream.
  • Maximum age of 50 at the time of application for Temporary Residence Transitional stream (current requirement).
  • Only the Direct Entry stream requires competent English (for IELTS, 6 in each component). Vocational English (for IELTS, 5 in each component) is required for Temporary Residence Transitional stream.
  • Maximum age of 50 at the time of application both Direct Entry and Temporary Residence Transitional stream.
 Before 31  December  2017
  • Collection of Tax File Number (TFN) for 457 visa holders and other employer sponsored migrants for data matching with ATO.
  • Publication of sanctioned sponsors.
  • No collection of TFN.
  • No publication of sanctioned sponsor.
 From March  2018
  • MLTSSL will apply for both 186 (ENS) and 187 (RSMS) visas with additional occupation available for 187 RSMS.
  • Employer must pay the Australian market salary and meet the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT) which is currently $53,900.
  • The period before eligible to apply for permanent residence through the Temporary Residence Transitional stream extends from 2 years to 3 years.
  • At least 3 years’ relevant work experience.
  • Maximum age of 45 at the time of application for all applicants.
  • Strengthened training requirement.
  • For 186 ENS, nominate an occupation that is on the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List.
  • For 187 RSMS, nominate an occupation that is at ANZSCO skill level 1 to 3.
  • Employer must pay the Australian market salary but do not need to meet TSMIT.
  • The period before eligible to apply for permanent residence through the Temporary Residence Transitional stream is 2 years.
  • No need for work experience for 187 RSMS.
  • Maximum age of 45 at the time of application with certain exemptions.
  • No training requirement for 187 RSMS. For 186 ENS, training requirement same as 457

Can you share the link to this article please? Is it published by the department? Thank you!

1 minute ago, Bevan said:

Hi all, just to let you know my VISA was granted this morning, biggest weight lifted. Now to wait 4 years for this bloody citizenship :(

Congratulations mate ! All the best !

Your good news could possibly make us more confident after two weeks without approval...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Bevan said:

Hi all, just to let you know my VISA was granted this morning, biggest weight lifted. Now to wait 4 years for this bloody citizenship :(

Many Congrats bro...

Your approval bring hope for everyone after 2 weeks

enjoy your new life 

• Like 3

Hey guys,

Been following this forum for a while - thanks for all your useful answers and random conversations. I've been in Aus since Oct 2013, was brought over by a telecomms company on a 457. Unfortunately the job wasn't what they made it out o be so I switched to IT consultancy... life was good! I since have applied for PR through the Transition Scheme...

• Nomination lodged - 29th June 2016
  • Application Lodged - 3rd July 2016
  • Extra docs asked for (wife's UK police check I forgot to attach... doh) - 11th Jan 2017

The good part is the nomination was approved 14th Feb 2017 (WOHOOOO).

But, still waiting on the application now...feels like time has slowed down! My original 457 runs out end of Aug 2017 - so my question is, will this cause an issue? Or do you think they'll put us on a bridging visa?

And one more complication (but a good one at that)...my wife is EXPECTING! And is due in October...so baOzcally having mild anxiety at the moment...

Thanks for listening :)

Oz

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ozbozz said:

Hey guys,

Been following this forum for a while - thanks for all your useful answers and random conversations. I've been in Aus since Oct 2013, was brought over by a telecomms company on a 457. Unfortunately the job wasn't what they made it out o be so I switched to IT consultancy... life was good! I since have applied for PR through the Transition Scheme...

• Nomination lodged - 29th June 2016
  • Application Lodged - 3rd July 2016
  • Extra docs asked for (wife's UK police check I forgot to attach... doh) - 11th Jan 2017

The good part is the nomination was approved 14th Feb 2017 (WOHOOOO).

But, still waiting on the application now...feels like time has slowed down! My original 457 runs out end of Aug 2017 - so my question is, will this cause an issue? Or do you think they'll put us on a bridging visa?

And one more complication (but a good one at that)...my wife is EXPECTING! And is due in October...so baOzcally having mild anxiety at the moment...

Thanks for listening :)

Oz

Hi @Ozbozz, didn't you get your automatic BVA sent your way after lodgement? Did you lodge your visa application yourself and is your email the designated email? If so, you would have received BVAs for your fam and that automatically activates once your 457 expires. 

But you should get your PR long before then? Do you know if your visa has a CO already? It's odd that it hasn't been granted yet? I thought they looked at requirements after 28 days??

We're counting down our 28 days so feeling anxious as well...

9 minutes ago, Bevan said:

It's in my signature:

Nomination Applied: 13/10/2016 Approved: 10/04/2017

VISA Applied: 30/11/2016 Approved: 26/04/2017

Hi @bevan, CONGRATS! Just noticed that after you submitted the file two weeks after the request, you got PR the same day! Did you chase this? Ring them?

We were requested for form 1221 (for my spouse) about a week after nomination grant and submitted it on the same day however, when I rang to tell them, we were told it went back to queue and to wait for the 28 days...It's been over a year since we lodged so the wait is extra painful. We don't have a migration agent though and I already followed up once.

Edited by Izzielizzie
  • Like 1

hi all..

just a question,one of my relatives got his nomination refused and he reapply again..

how long it will take to get that decision now..is it gonna be again 6 months or will be earlier than usual

thanks...cant share the timeline sorry

21 hours ago, Izzielizzie said:

Hi @Ozbozz, didn't you get your automatic BVA sent your way after lodgement? Did you lodge your visa application yourself and is your email the designated email? If so, you would have received BVAs for your fam and that automatically activates once your 457 expires. 

But you should get your PR long before then? Do you know if your visa has a CO already? It's odd that it hasn't been granted yet? I thought they looked at requirements after 28 days??

We're counting down our 28 days so feeling anxious as well...

Hey @Izzielizzie- my company did the nomination part and I did my own application. I'm on their as the contact so have been given a Bridging Visa of some sort. So I'm guessing we should be covered. We have a CO, named A of NSW PSE team - I sent her my wife's UK police check on the 11th Jan (the day it was requested)... but still nothing. Even logged in and notified I uploaded the doc.

Since then I have sent multiple emails to the them directly with no response. I use a mail track plugin to see when emails have been opened - each email sent has been opened within hours but no reply :( 

First i've heard of this 28 day thing? If so, its been way over 28 days for us :(

I'm usually a very patient person, but got to say - this process sucks so bad. They should at-least give you an indication of where you are at in the queue or something - we live in a digital world now...!

Oz

20 hours ago, Ozbozz said:

Hey @Izzielizzie- my company did the nomination part and I did my own application. I'm on their as the contact so have been given a Bridging Visa of some sort. So I'm guessing we should be covered. We have a CO, named A of NSW PSE team - I sent her my wife's UK police check on the 11th Jan (the day it was requested)... but still nothing. Even logged in and notified I uploaded the doc.

Since then I have sent multiple emails to the them directly with no response. I use a mail track plugin to see when emails have been opened - each email sent has been opened within hours but no reply :( 

First i've heard of this 28 day thing? If so, its been way over 28 days for us :(

I'm usually a very patient person, but got to say - this process sucks so bad. They should at-least give you an indication of where you are at in the queue or something - we live in a digital world now...!

Oz

Hi @Ozbozz, I heard from IMMI that the CO who processed your nomination doesn't necessarily have to be the same one to finalise your visa application as they work in teams now. Technically, when they request for a follow up requirement, they give applicants 28 days to submit, after which, they theoretically, should pick up the case and assess. Supposedly anyway but I'm not sure myself. :(

You're not alone in getting the cold shoulder via email! We were asked for one form for my spouse (though info was already submitted in another form!) and we uploaded it the same day. We emailed and pressed the button confirming the same on the visa portal. Also rang them but we were told to wait after the 28 days since file automatically goes back to the queue! 

If you look at the spreadsheet (see link below) and also through this thread, some get lucky and their visas are granted swiftly after providing documents though. Others wait longer. We're over a year since lodgement now so haven't really been lucky but praying we get it soon. It's really ridiculous and painful.