After my grant I'm 99% sure that occupation and employer have a huuuge impact.

My company is not google or facebook but they're kinda big in their area and probably have a millions and millions of dollars in revenue. They've also sponsored quite a few PR's so I'm sure Immi looks at them as a trustworthy business and probably fast track applications as in the last 12 months we've had 3 to 4 people getting grants in less than 6 months, for both TRT and DE.

If your employer is a small business, stay strong, it will come. I know it's easy to say that now that I got my grant but that's the only thing I can do.

11 minutes ago, mvlm said:

After my grant I'm 99% sure that occupation and employer have a huuuge impact.

My company is not google or facebook but they're kinda big in their area and probably have a millions and millions of dollars in revenue. They've also sponsored quite a few PR's so I'm sure Immi looks at them as a trustworthy business and probably fast track applications as in the last 12 months we've had 3 to 4 people getting grants in less than 6 months, for both TRT and DE.

If your employer is a small business, stay strong, it will come. I know it's easy to say that now that I got my grant but that's the only thing I can do.

My company turns over 2 billion and I earn well into large numbers. Still no visa after nearly 11 months ha.

I reckon your occupation got you it and good for you! :)

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

My company turns over 2 billion and I earn well into large numbers. Still no visa after nearly 11 months ha.

I reckon your occupation got you it and good for you! :)

I'm still not buying the 'company swinging it' idea. You're either fit to sponsor or you're not, it's pretty black and white.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, AJSAJS said:

This forum is here for people to look for advice and its also ok for them to vent their frustrations. Unfortunately you cant control the content. Darling I'm not ridiculing you for being Positive, all I'm saying is allow people to express how they feel without you ridiculing them for not feeling like you do. You calling people Un-positive and Negative is not very encouraging. The ridiculing is clearly on your side alone. I hope you don't end up waiting 17 months, see how you feel in 6 months time and come back to me. Like I said were all in very different situations. Just let people say what they want. Its not personal its just frustration directed at DIBP process. We're entitled to be frustrated and entitled to voice that, just like you are entitled to be positive, no one is trying to take that away from you. Like I said in my previous post "We’re all in this together. Lets lend a hand of support and encouragement and not make this long and stressful situation any harder". Best of luck.

Being positive and remaining happy when everyone is complaining about the extended processing times is my way of showing support... sorry i'm not here to jump on the band wagon and burn all immigration agents at the stake! 

Sorry my positive attitude in life offends all the realistic and factual people in this forum. 

This fact may offend you but whilst the TRT waiting time has grown the DE waiting time has been shortened so that is tremendous news for a lot of people in this forum. Again sorry i mentioned it...

You get out what you put into life... i'm enjoying every day i have in Australia whilst i'm still here... imagine if your nomination got refused, you have 35 days to leaver the country  and you spent your last 6 months (or 17 months in your case) here in misery? That's the way i'm looking at it...

Good Luck all!!!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, millski88 said:

I'm still not buying the 'company swinging it' idea. You're either fit to sponsor or you're not, it's pretty black and white.

Sort of agree. My case is good proof. Approved sponsor since inception of the visa with 9000 Victorian employees and a huge turnover. Made no difference!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

Being positive and remaining happy when everyone is complaining about the extended processing times is my way of showing support... sorry i'm not here to jump on the band wagon and burn all immigration agents at the stake! 

Sorry my positive attitude in life offends all the realistic and factual people in this forum. 

This fact may offend you but whilst the TRT waiting time has grown the DE waiting time has been shortened so that is tremendous news for a lot of people in this forum. Again sorry i mentioned it...

You get out what you put into life... i'm enjoying every day i have in Australia whilst i'm still here... imagine if your nomination got refused, you have 35 days to leaver the country  and you spent your last 6 months (or 17 months in your case) here in misery? That's the way i'm looking at it...

Good Luck all!!!!

Good for you. Unfortunately we can't all be like that for a million and one issues! World might be a better place if we could have the same outlook but thats just life. 

1 minute ago, Parkesy said:

Good for you. Unfortunately we can't all be like that for a million and one issues! World might be a better place if we could have the same outlook but thats just life. 

That's where your wrong! of course you can be like that?

It's a simple change in attitude... and mindset! It seriously works wonders.....

16 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

Good Luck all!!!!

Note that we can be eager to know the outcome and fully enjoy Australia  :):):)  

18 minutes ago, Bellabonkers said:

That's where your wrong! of course you can be like that?

It's a simple change in attitude... and mindset! It seriously works wonders.....

I don't mean to sound condescending but I think you are oversimplifying it just a tad.

Some people have developed certain ways of dealing with stress, ways of thinking and so on over the lifetime and its very clear on this forum who they are (I am one). Telling someone its just a simple change in attitude is like telling someone who is seriously depressed that they just need to 'cheer up'. Many people who are continually negative in the context of this forum will have had the same outlook on life for years. 

Think you need to be a little more respectful of others emotions. Just because you are happy it doesn't mean that others have to be. Run your own race.

My opinion not a fact of course.

Edited by Parkesy
  • Like 2

Sort of agree. My case is good proof. Approved sponsor since inception of the visa with 9000 Victorian employees and a huge turnover. Made no difference!

I’m same as you mate, huge company, turnover and decent salary. It’s all about the occupation
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

I don't mean to sound condescending but I think you are oversimplifying it just a tad.

Some people have developed certain ways of dealing with stress, ways of thinking and so on over the lifetime and its very clear on this forum who they are (I am one). Telling someone its just a simple change in attitude is like telling someone who is seriously depressed that they just need to 'cheer up'. Many people who are continually negative in the context of this forum will have had the same outlook on life for years. 

Think you need to be a little more respectful of others emotions. Just because you are happy it doesn't mean that others have to be. Run your own race.

My opinion not a fact of course.

Touche

Just because your apparently unhappy doesn't mean i need to be.

I will be happy to run my own race... just would be nice if i did'nt have people slashing my ankles just because i choose to put on a smile when i wake up.

That's literally what everyone is having a go at me about... being positive? I mean i seriously cannot believe it! 

Its actually laughable!

Who else is going to tell me off? :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Parkesy said:

? % agree... Everyone has different situations...if I'll have my PR, I'll tell you our story and maybe after, you guys will understand!!

Even if we put our best on being positive and keep smiling it is very hard, of course we must be positive and we need keep following our dream, but it isn't easy especially if they are increasing our waiting time while we could see the light in the end of the tunnel!! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bellabonkers said:

Touche

Just because your apparently unhappy doesn't mean i need to be.

I will be happy to run my own race... just would be nice if i did'nt have people slashing my ankles just because i choose to put on a smile when i wake up.

That's literally what everyone is having a go at me about... being positive? I mean i seriously cannot believe it! 

Its actually laughable!

Who else is going to tell me off? :P

I was actually applauding you for your outlook initially

13 hours ago, Bellabonkers said:

Hey Em, 

I’m a hairdresser too, nomination applied for 1 year and 3 days ago. 

Onshore, lowrisk. Based in regional NSW- unsure if location effects waiting time. 

Police checks and Medicals complete at the time of application- fully expecting to have to re do these. I even submitted form 80. I don’t have an MA so just did everything to be extra cautious. 

Still received. 

I have been updating all documents on application in the meantime. 

I think hairdresser are up for a long wait....

happy monday!

Bella  

Hey Bella,

cannot believe it’s been such a long wait for you! I went with MA as I used him for my sponsorship, at the time of applying for 186 was told 4-6 months but just over 8 months waiting now, I’m in Perth but NSW has my application, looking at previous comments it looks as though they are prioritising applications due to skill level not sure if that’s the case but I think that’s why initially I was told the 4-6 wait time, hopefully you aren’t waiting too much longer 

Em 

16 minutes ago, Em404 said:

Hey Bella,

cannot believe it’s been such a long wait for you! I went with MA as I used him for my sponsorship, at the time of applying for 186 was told 4-6 months but just over 8 months waiting now, I’m in Perth but NSW has my application, looking at previous comments it looks as though they are prioritising applications due to skill level not sure if that’s the case but I think that’s why initially I was told the 4-6 wait time, hopefully you aren’t waiting too much longer 

Em 

Ahhh! Where abouts in Perth are you? That was my partner and I’s First port in oz and we absolutely loved it... then moved to Melbourne and got stuck there for a couple of years and now we are in NSW- which we equally love! 

Hate to break it too you but we have some hairdressers that have been waiting far longer. I think myself and Katie have had the shortest wait on this forum hairdressing wise until you popped up! 

It may all change though they seem to do that a lot! 

Fingers crossed... because haircuts are important too! Haha

Silent follower !!

ENS - 186 - Supply and Distribution Manager
QLD - High Risk
2 - People
22 - Months

Request: 

New AFP and Health Examination

Hello everyone…
I'm like to share my long journey.

End of 2015 I’ve applied ENS - 186, after 2 years of 457.
May of 2016 i’ve got the nomination approved (ON TIME)
 Two days after I applied for PR (MAY 2016)

Ps: I applied separately following the instructions of my MA.

After nearly 2 years of struggle, depression, anxiety and lot’s of lot’s of issues.

>>>>> I’VE GOT MY PR <<<<<<

One thing I would do like to share is how I did get my visa without ask my M.A to call or e-mail the DIBP every month. 

!!! I DID EVERTHING MYSELF !!!

Basic: One call every month for one year, 2 formal complaints and 1 request of Compelling reason

After one year of waiting, I started to call and e-mailed the DIBP EVERY MONTH.

I used the numbers: 
131 881 
The number of any letter you received from Immigration (bottom of the page)

Tips: 

- Call early and waiting till you call go for and queue, waiting till the automatic message guide you to leave the contact number and name. (This way you don’t need wait for hours, they will hang out and automatic call you back when is your turn).
- Don’t just ask straight about your application,TALK TO THEN, they’re humans receiving superior orders. Be kind.
-  If you have a MA they will tell you the contact will be made with your MA. Do you have rights to know why your file is left behind. Ask then.
- Create and IMMI account, get you application and check if everything was uploaded, even documents are classify as Additional (prof of address; ID, Drivers License etc etc - 60 in total) - SOMEONE ALREADY POST HOW TO DO THIS.
- MAKE an complain through the DIBP website if your file is LATE. Remember to be polite give then all the information, name, date of birth, application ID when it  was applied etc etc etc. (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/contact/provide-feedback/compliments-complaints-suggestions/visa-citizenship-service)
- Plenty of FREE information online on how to do things, ready, filter and use.

I did receive “copy and past” answers many times.
I did received lots of rude answers back through phone call -  (once one of the call’s an attendant told me : You've been call the DIBP every mouth, if you do this I’ll not be able to process any file of my 50000 backlog).

THEY ARE HUMANS TOO, JUST DOING THEIR JOB and the most important they are committed in obedience to the orders of a superior.

My MA told me he haven’t receive any answer for 186; 187 in the last 20 months. I was the only one and he’ll share this to all the others applicants.

Hopefully everyone get’s the Gold Lettler soon.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 186Life said:

Silent follower !!

ENS - 186 - Supply and Distribution Manager
QLD - High Risk
2 - People
22 - Months

Request: 

New AFP and Health Examination

Hello everyone…
I'm like to share my long journey.

End of 2015 I’ve applied ENS - 186, after 2 years of 457.
May of 2016 i’ve got the nomination approved (ON TIME)
 Two days after I applied for PR (MAY 2016)

Ps: I applied separately following the instructions of my MA.

After nearly 2 years of struggle, depression, anxiety and lot’s of lot’s of issues.

>>>>> I’VE GOT MY PR <<<<<<

One thing I would do like to share is how I did get my visa without ask my M.A to call or e-mail the DIBP every month. 

!!! I DID EVERTHING MYSELF !!!

Basic: One call every month for one year, 2 formal complaints and 1 request of Compelling reason

After one year of waiting, I started to call and e-mailed the DIBP EVERY MONTH.

I used the numbers: 
131 881 
The number of any letter you received from Immigration (bottom of the page)

Tips: 

- Call early and waiting till you call go for and queue, waiting till the automatic message guide you to leave the contact number and name. (This way you don’t need wait for hours, they will hang out and automatic call you back when is your turn).
- Don’t just ask straight about your application,TALK TO THEN, they’re humans receiving superior orders. Be kind.
-  If you have a MA they will tell you the contact will be made with your MA. Do you have rights to know why your file is left behind. Ask then.
- Create and IMMI account, get you application and check if everything was uploaded, even documents are classify as Additional (prof of address; ID, Drivers License etc etc - 60 in total) - SOMEONE ALREADY POST HOW TO DO THIS.
- MAKE an complain through the DIBP website if your file is LATE. Remember to be polite give then all the information, name, date of birth, application ID when it  was applied etc etc etc. (https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/about/contact/provide-feedback/compliments-complaints-suggestions/visa-citizenship-service)
- Plenty of FREE information online on how to do things, ready, filter and use.

I did receive “copy and past” answers many times.
I did received lots of rude answers back through phone call -  (once one of the call’s an attendant told me : You've been call the DIBP every mouth, if you do this I’ll not be able to process any file of my 50000 backlog).

THEY ARE HUMANS TOO, JUST DOING THEIR JOB and the most important they are committed in obedience to the orders of a superior.

My MA told me he haven’t receive any answer for 186; 187 in the last 20 months. I was the only one and he’ll share this to all the others applicants.

Hopefully everyone get’s the Gold Lettler soon.

Wow well done! And thanks for all the advice! Good for you staying strong and remaining consistent...

Question- how did you stay silent for 20 months!? Haha! 

Huge congratulations! 

Shocking they can leave your personal file for so long after nomination approval- that’s the first I’ve heard of such a long gap! 

Enjoy ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bellabonkers said:

Ahhh! Where abouts in Perth are you? That was my partner and I’s First port in oz and we absolutely loved it... then moved to Melbourne and got stuck there for a couple of years and now we are in NSW- which we equally love! 

Hate to break it too you but we have some hairdressers that have been waiting far longer. I think myself and Katie have had the shortest wait on this forum hairdressing wise until you popped up! 

It may all change though they seem to do that a lot! 

Fingers crossed... because haircuts are important too! Haha

I’m loving Perth, basically travelled Oz for a year and have been in Perth for the last 3 years with the same salon south of the river! Yeah I am expecting a long wait now after seeing the timeframe go up yet again I won’t be getting my hopes up, I’m just worried that there will be no options left for me if for whatever reason my application gets refused down the line! It is what it is we just have to keep on keeping on lol 

em 

19 minutes ago, parveen said:

I call to 13881 about my file already 18 months after waiting for 1 hr he said u have to wait case not allocated yet I don’t know what can I do

Didn’t they ask for a medical for your new born baby?

2 minutes ago, parveen said:

Hairdresser 186 De

Hi guys,  can anyone tell me  the process to apply 489 (190) visa after completion of three years on 457 visa as cook.

- What is the  minumum require english score?

-  do i need my skill assessment done? How can i get it done and what are the cost involves?

- how many years of work experience  do i need to have?

- is it possible to apply in WA

Thank you  guys.:)

Edited by Sasaram

35 minutes ago, Sasaram said:
  On 17/04/2018 at 23:17, Siddu said:

That too it’s june application.... getting some positive vibes 

Hi guys,  can anyone tell me  the process to apply 489 (190) visa after completion of three years on 457 visa as cook.

- What is the  minumum require english score?

-  do i need my skill assessment done? How can i get it done and what are the cost involves?

- how many years of work experience  do i need to have?

- is it possible to apply in WA

Thank you  guys.:)

Wrong thread mate. Just have a quick scan through the topics and you find a 489 one no doubt.