The way some applicants are waiting from 15 months it won't be wrong to say that the processing time for 186 visa is 1 year to 2 year[emoji34][emoji34][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Exactly mate..... this whole processing system doesn't make sense anymore to me.....[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The way some applicants are waiting from 15 months it won't be wrong to say that the processing time for 186 visa is 1 year to 2 year[emoji34][emoji34][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Yes... and it might get worse because there'll be more and more applications till march 2018.
So I guess the processing time can even be longer than what they have released...
However.. I have the feeling that most of applicants who wait over 15 months are from offshore????
Of course not all.. but most of them...

pretty heartbreaking news for us today. the nomination was refused, and my visa application wasn't even opened but we will have to withdraw it. 12,000 down the drain. Still trying to get a straight answer from my employer about the reasons for refusal, as no documents were requested. 

They've offered to resubmit everything with 'correct' information....but not sure if we can undergo the wait and anxiety these months has brought. Also I'm a bit broken by the whole process, and really don't believe the the system is a good one. As a result of this, two Australian employees will lose their jobs under me, doesnt make sense to me at all. But anyway, obviously feeling a bit down and bitter toward the whole experience, but thanks to everyone on this forum; its been a daily check for me for the past few months, and I wish everyone all the very best with their applications. I hope you all get good news soon!!

8 minutes ago, sbrowne9 said:

pretty heartbreaking news for us today. the nomination was refused, and my visa application wasn't even opened but we will have to withdraw it. 12,000 down the drain. Still trying to get a straight answer from my employer about the reasons for refusal, as no documents were requested. 

They've offered to resubmit everything with 'correct' information....but not sure if we can undergo the wait and anxiety these months has brought. Also I'm a bit broken by the whole process, and really don't believe the the system is a good one. As a result of this, two Australian employees will lose their jobs under me, doesnt make sense to me at all. But anyway, obviously feeling a bit down and bitter toward the whole experience, but thanks to everyone on this forum; its been a daily check for me for the past few months, and I wish everyone all the very best with their applications. I hope you all get good news soon!!

Sorry for that mate.

What’s your Occupation?

If you don’t mind could you please share the reason for refusal after you get to know.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Alice 1 said:

Waiting from May 2016
Requested documents in dec 2016
After that no news
457 visa finished 2 months ago
Just in dark no news for anything
Is any one else waiting that much long

I m same as you applied march 2016 . Further documents requested April 2017 . 457 visa has been finished 2 months before. Well you are not alone mate. ???

13 hours ago, PierreC said:

Well it depends.
Could be 4 months, could 14 months...

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app

I believe it depends on number of factors such as occupation code, location, complete application at the time of lodgement etc. As per the sheet in this forum, ppl from IT, external auditor etc. got nomination approved in 4-5 months. Fingers crossed ?

hi I have applied my 186 & 187 on 11th august 2016 and still waiting I just need some suggestions as I had already booked my trip to home country in April & I just came to know that tickets are non refundable i m so confused what to do I mean is it safe to travel on BVB my holidays are planned for mid November  

hi I have applied my 186 & 187 on 11th august 2016 and still waiting I just need some suggestions as I had already booked my trip to home country in April & I just came to know that tickets are non refundable i m so confused what to do I mean is it safe to travel on BVB my holidays are planned for mid November  

Did you try to call immi?As per my last call with immi,they would advise the status for the cases pending more than the posted processing time,which is currently 8-13 months.

3 hours ago, sbrowne9 said:

So sorry to hear that. Can't you get your money back in these circumstances?. I mean, they haven't even opened your visa application yet.

• Like 1

Hi guys . Those who are currently on 457 visa and their file are PR in line . Pls highly request extend ur 457 visa . Apply ur visa while you are hold 457 visa . Before on bridging visa . Pls guys  . I did this mistake not extend my visa and more than 2.5 years I am in PR line . Still not get anything . When you get ur bridging visa . You are in section 48 . Pls extend ur visa , thanks 

13 hours ago, Praveen Reddy said:

Sorry for that mate.

What’s your Occupation?

If you don’t mind could you please share the reason for refusal after you get to know.

Thanks guys.

Occupation is Industrial Designer.

I believe that the refusal was due to my employer changing the ABN I was employed under mid-way through my application. The frustrating part is that I noticed the change in my payslip, and asked my HR guy if this would be an issue....he said no, not at all.

9 hours ago, ShaunR6883 said:

So sorry to hear that. Can't you get your money back in these circumstances?. I mean, they haven't even opened your visa application yet.

I know, it seems incredible, but they only offer refunds in exceptional circumstances.....easiest $7,000 that the DIBP has ever made. My employer has offered to re-lodge, but I dont think we want to go through it again and potentially wait another 8-13 months...

Thanks for the support though guys, really hope you all get that golden email soon, and not the lead one I got!

Did you try to call immi?As per my last call with immi,they would advise the status for the cases pending more than the posted processing time,which is currently 8-13 months.

Unfortunately they don't mate. L they do is give u the standard reply which is " your file hasn't been allocated yet , sorry for the delay but u just gonna have to be patient and wait but no one knows how long ...... I've been waiting for nearly 17 months now and have called immigration around 5-6 times but everytime got the same reply.... this whole system is so not fair for some of us..... [emoji35][emoji35][emoji17][emoji17]☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sbrowne9 said:

Thanks guys.

Occupation is Industrial Designer.

I believe that the refusal was due to my employer changing the ABN I was employed under mid-way through my application. The frustrating part is that I noticed the change in my payslip, and asked my HR guy if this would be an issue....he said no, not at all.

I know, it seems incredible, but they only offer refunds in exceptional circumstances.....easiest $7,000 that the DIBP has ever made. My employer has offered to re-lodge, but I dont think we want to go through it again and potentially wait another 8-13 months...

Thanks for the support though guys, really hope you all get that golden email soon, and not the lead one I got!

I'm so sorry for you mate. Did you have a MA?

I'm kinda in the same situation than you but I think we still have the same ABN... :S

• Like 1

Does anyone know if you log into your immigration account whether an employer nomination should show up. Our MA lodged our nomination on Friday but there is nothing to suggest it has been lodged there. Perhaps it only shows something when you lodge your actual Visa application? I wasn't sure - the only thing we can see on our immigration site is our medicals as we had these done a couple of weeks ago and then our 457visa which were finalised a few years ago. Thanks.

1 minute ago, FKS said:

Does anyone know if you log into your immigration account whether an employer nomination should show up. Our MA lodged our nomination on Friday but there is nothing to suggest it has been lodged there. Perhaps it only shows something when you lodge your actual Visa application? I wasn't sure - the only thing we can see on our immigration site is our medicals as we had these done a couple of weeks ago and then our 457visa which were finalised a few years ago. Thanks.

Nomination wont show up on the IMMI account. Your MA will be notified once it has been granted. You should have received the "Acknowledgement of nomination application received" when your MA has logged the application, but thats all.

Hope it helps.

1 hour ago, Ozdream1 said:

I'm so sorry for you mate. Did you have a MA?

I'm kinda in the same situation than you but I think we still have the same ABN... :S

No, I didn't personally use an MA as I think we had all our visa documentation in order, and the company didn't use one as the HR guy had 'submitted loads of them before.' I hope that things work out for you @Ozdream1 , and also thanks @Dons_30032017, hope you get an approval soon!

I have a question which I would really appreciate any advise on; my employer and their new migration lawyer have asked if I want to resubmit, and the migration agent has said that he can submit the visa as decision ready, and put in a 'priority process request' which can speed up the application. This offer has come after my meeting with another independent migration agent, and I cant get back to her to ask her until the end of this week/next week. Just wondering if anyone has every heard of this 'priority process request'? If so, how much could time could it shave off my application?

9 minutes ago, sbrowne9 said:

No, I didn't personally use an MA as I think we had all our visa documentation in order, and the company didn't use one as the HR guy had 'submitted loads of them before.' I hope that things work out for you @Ozdream1 , and also thanks @Dons_30032017, hope you get an approval soon!

I have a question which I would really appreciate any advise on; my employer and their new migration lawyer have asked if I want to resubmit, and the migration agent has said that he can submit the visa as decision ready, and put in a 'priority process request' which can speed up the application. This offer has come after my meeting with another independent migration agent, and I cant get back to her to ask her until the end of this week/next week. Just wondering if anyone has every heard of this 'priority process request'? If so, how much could time could it shave off my application?

I am no expert on this but we asked a question of our MA recently and they said "There is no longer any framework priority processing for ‘Decision Ready’ applications." 

It doesn't sound very encouraging but I don't know if this is just with our agent or an immigration thing. 

Awful situation for you :-( 

No, I didn't personally use an MA as I think we had all our visa documentation in order, and the company didn't use one as the HR guy had 'submitted loads of them before.' I hope that things work out for you [mention=262143]Ozdream1[/mention] , and also thanks [mention=264425]Dons_30032017[/mention], hope you get an approval soon!

My MA actually tried to request for priority processing,but immi declined.

Before they said there is a shortage of chef in Australia then there is shortage of engineers n bank staff in Australia and now there is shortage of Immigration staff in Australia
I think they must start processing more faster so that we could fulfill their shortage[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

• Like 2

13 months completed without any update on my file.[emoji45]
Brisbane and Adelaide teams are processing hundreds of subclass 189 and 190 PR visa applications within a week but don’t know what’s wrong with NSW and Victoria teams which process 186 and 187 applications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you know? [emoji5]