41 minutes ago, scorpion69 said:

hi all, I had been following this forum for some time now. I just received my PR grant on 03 Apr 17. It was much quicker than i prepared myself for.

my details:

Nomination:  02 Nov 16

Visa applied: 17 Jan 17

PR grant: 03 Apr 17 (Status "received" to "finalised" directly)

HR country

Wish all of you good luck

Congrats mate u r so lucky 

best of luck for ur future 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, scorpion69 said:

hi all, I had been following this forum for some time now. I just received my PR grant on 03 Apr 17. It was much quicker than i prepared myself for.

my details:

HR country

@scorpion69 Congrats buddy! What is your Occupation and whether it is Direct Entry or Transition?

1 hour ago, scorpion69 said:

my details:

HR country

Great mate, awesome news. 

22 hours ago, Elliotkan said:

Hi @lizzielizzie

I think you are right.

Reluctant to say this but maybe we should put "luck" as a general answer to who gets approval first...

I do believe that occupation is a key factor which affects their priority... Got a bad feel as mine is quite general.

Anyway, good luck to you and me and everyone on this Forum...

Hi @Elliotkan, you never know - I had a good feeling and was riding the wave of optimism the first several months...until we went past 7 months and still nothing..and then 9, 10, 11 months and still nothing, ha ha. Now we're a few days from 365 and I'm a bit resigned and sad. I'd really like to know though what the maximum wait time is for a CO to be allocated - at least that much information would help us plan our lives better. 

Good luck to you - who knows, you might be one of the fortunate ones!

Edited by Izzielizzie

21 hours ago, syd2016 said:

Hi Lzzie, One has to be real lucky not to fall through the crack to miss the 1st wave of approvals of a particular month. My take is "LR + Transition + SOL Skill" applicants are more likely to fall within the 6 months approval timeline.

It looks like a bus coming to pick up waiting passengers. No one knows number of seats in each sortie, time of pick up, next schedule of bus, or order of the queue which appears to get dis-oriented after each sortie and then the poor left out passengers look at each other's face trying to figure some logic behind why they are left out and someone got the ride!

Waiting patiently is a virtue!! I pray that mine and everyone's PR is approved asap. 

Cheers...

Yes, @syd2016 I agree although some HRs get approved quickly so I wonder if it's dependent on actual nationalities, ie. some countries are looked at less favourably in this Trump world. For instance, I read that Australia will now have stricter border processes for all flights coming in from the middle east, following the US and the UK. Just wondering if they have similar filters for visa applicants? Or maybe they cap per country. Who knows..it's all so secret isn't it?:ph34r:

Funny bus analogy - maybe they should've invested in a high speed train system given how much $ immigration brings in to the economy. By the way I think @scorpion69 is a software engineer - congrats mate, so lucky!

Edited by Izzielizzie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Izzielizzie said:

Yes, @syd2016 I agree although some HRs get approved quickly so I wonder if it's dependent on actual nationalities, ie. some countries are looked at less favourably in this Trump world. For instance, I read that Australia will now have stricter border processes for all flights coming in from the middle east, following the US and the UK. Just wondering if they have similar filters for visa applicants? Or maybe they cap per country. Who knows..it's all so secret isn't it?:ph34r:

Funny bus analogy - maybe they should've invested in a high speed train system given how much $ immigration brings in to the economy. By the way I think @scorpion69 is a software engineer - congrats mate, so lucky!

I think Syd2016 is a off shore application

16 minutes ago, Izzielizzie said:

I am electrical engineer and applied under agreement stream

1 hour ago, Sue2017 said:

Congrats Syd2016

Not sure when September files are going to open. we are still waiting from sep 2016

Your really lucky:)

Thanks Sue2017, I take it in advance as my approval is still pending :-). I am onshore DE applicant. Cheers!! 

Guest Khushi02aug
6 hours ago, tuckersgirl said:

requested info on 23rd FEB 2017.......... still waiting for a response ........ whats the longest ppl are waiting after req info??

Transitioning from 457 (Currently on a bridging visa)

4 people

Mechanic

LR country

Nom applied 18th May 2016 – approved 29th December 2016

Visa applied 22nd August 2016 -requested info 23rd Feb 2017 (renew police checks)

Have entered all info onto the spreadsheet

Don't worry u'll b alright ..I waited 2 months .. Everything will be fine just remind them u uploaded requested documents ?

Hey Guys... Happy to hear about the positive hits  :)

I'm waiting since May 21-2016 ( 321 days which are 10 months and 17 days)

Nom: May 21,2016

Visa: June 7, 2017

all documentation was sent on time (health, police, english tests, nomination papers)

I sent a letter to IMMI to try and speed the process - no response.

Frustrating,... me and my wife are thinking to bring a baby and stalled due to the process.

Thinking positively.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SABASAI said:

Hey Guys... Happy to hear about the positive hits  :)

I'm waiting since May 21-2016 ( 321 days which are 10 months and 17 days)

Nom: May 21,2016

Visa: June 7, 2017

all documentation was sent on time (health, police, english tests, nomination papers)

I sent a letter to IMMI to try and speed the process - no response.

Frustrating,... me and my wife are thinking to bring a baby and stalled due to the process.

Thinking positively.

sorry, Nom: May 17, 2016

so waiting 10 momths and 21 days now. O.oO.oO.o

15 hours ago, SSSS said:

Finally today my day after 8 years fulfill my dream I can't explain my happiness 

Nomination and visa applied 12/08/2016

Nomination granted 04/04/17

Visa granted. 05/04/17

Best of luck everyone 

Congrats 

Hi.... I am new here...

Just wondering what spreadsheet you all are referring to? :) Anywhere I can find it?

I am going to apply 186 transition steam from 457, accountant, on shore....

Anyone has similar situation as me? How long is the processing time normally?

Thanks in advance...

Edited by LYWY

59 minutes ago, LYWY said:

Hi.... I am new here...

Just wondering what spreadsheet you all are referring to? :) Anywhere I can find it?

I am going to apply 186 transition steam from 457, accountant, on shore....

Anyone has similar situation as me? How long is the processing time normally?

Thanks in advance...

@LYWY - Welcome and Good Luck. The spreadsheet link is given below (https://goo.gl/bFWMIY). Processing time is dependent on your luck to be honest, but probability of getting approval within 6 months is high for "SOL+LR+Transition" applicants (a candidate whose skill is on SOL, belongs to Low Risk Country and applied on Transition stream)

Edited by syd2016

Hi everyone! My 186 nomination refused due to not enough training benchmark fee, my company paid the training again ASAP. Can we pay back date? My MA said will re-apply again. Thanks

Very upset on it.

1 hour ago, Ther said:

Hi everyone! My 186 nomination refused due to not enough training benchmark fee, my company paid the training again ASAP. Can we pay back date? My MA said will re-apply again. Thanks

Very upset on it.

Hi Ther.

sorry for your news.

its really bad news.

could you tell us in details??

whats your timeline and occupation???