Hi All

Thought I'd share my timeline, I'm also going to make a bold statement - my PR will be approved on Friday 15 April 16.

Just putting that out there NSW PESE, I've emailed you so you are at liberty to respond! ;)

Nomination Submitted: 17-Sep-15, Nomination Approved 18-Mar-16 (6 months - uncanny?!)

Visa Submitted: 17-Sep-15, Doc Requested 18-Mar-16, Doc Submitted 05-Apr-16, Visa Approval 15-Apr-16 ;)

Edited by Barny

hi eish234!

I totally understand your frustration... on top of my employer taking ages after the 2-year mark to apply for the Nomination, I had to delay my visa application lodgement until the Nomination was approved.

"Should I've done it all together, I would have got my PR months ago" is something I think of every day but it doesn't help at all and at that moment, waiting for the outcome of the Nomination was the wiser choice. So now just focus on the positive side... anytime between now and May 10th can be our day! And if that's not the case, in accordance to their Standard Processing Times, we'll have our right to call Immi and have someone to check at it.

Stay strong, mate! :)

I say this to myself every single day and remind myself to stay positive. But it's so hard. And you are absolutely right past 6 to 7 months we can call and query.

Hello Everyone. I hope u all r doing great.

I am a Dentist from Pakistan and am being sponsored to work in a Dental Surgery in Sydney.

I wanted to know, for the nomination process, how hard is it to show that my employer genuinely requires an overseas employee to fill a position? And does the employer have to show evidence that he/she tried to find a local to fill the spot but couldn't? Im asking this b/c my employer can easily hire a local Dentist to work for him but as he knows me personally and will be more comfortable with me working for r him, he is willing to sponsor me in the position.

What do u guys say about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Everyone. I hope u all r doing great.

I am a Dentist from Pakistan and am being sponsored to work in a Dental Surgery in Sydney.

I wanted to know, for the nomination process, how hard is it to show that my employer genuinely requires an overseas employee to fill a position? And does the employer have to show evidence that he/she tried to find a local to fill the spot but couldn't? Im asking this b/c my employer can easily hire a local Dentist to work for him but as he knows me personally and will be more comfortable with me working for r him, he is willing to sponsor me in the position.

What do u guys say about this?

I'm not a MA nor an expert in this topic. I'm just another 186 applicant so here's just my personal view: the fact that your employer will be more comfortable with you working for him rather than having someone else -Australian or PR- doing the same job doesn't sound -by itself- like a solid reason to sponsor you.

But as long as he can proof that he's been doing research for candidates to fill a genuine, existing position at market salary rates and has been unsuccessful, he should be able to sponsor you. As far as I know there's no specific guideline on how to proof that, but common sense is to use job advertisements (seek.com.au, etc) and salary guides such as the one published by Hays as a benchmark.

Anyway, he better gets advice from some professional MA in Sydney that can help him with the Nomination stage.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Edited by jolie2015

I'm telling you and everybody on this forum. A lot of migration agents even if they r registered do not know much what they're doing. Nomination application might be a bit hard but visa application is easier. We pay thousands of dollars for nothing. If you do a little research on the Internet you should be able to submit your application by yourself. You probably paid $5,000 just imagine how long does it take to earn $5,000? more than a month isn't it? If you go to immi account and click on the action then view application you should be able to download the application. You will find it just a simple application with your details. Some MAs are sucks.

nom and visa 7/09/15

NSW

I am sorry, but I don't agree. Migration law is very complex. For example, there are requirements that need to be met at the time of application and then there are requirements at the time of decision. There are also certain validity requirements that are not so easy to understand by simply reading the DIBP website. Nomination application requires a lot of checks including training, turnover, personnel, financials, market salary rate etc. Visa too is not as straight forward as it looks. Also, having an agent let's you concentrate on your work and gives you that extra peace of mind knowing that someone who has studied specifically to lodge visas have lodged your application. It is like letting a certified electricians or plumber work your house. You would be able to sleep peacefully knowing that your house won't blow up in the middle of the night.

Now, there are always exceptions. Some Migration Agents are better than the others. Some migration agents do not have enough experience to deal with a certain kind of applications or may not have kept themselves up-to-date with the latest legislation (though they are required to do so.) and it totally depends on us - the clients, to choose the right kind of migration agent for our application. A very good test to see if your migration agent is good or not is to see how many clients they handle in a month, how busy they are and what is their success rate. Ask them for referrals. Say that you would like to talk to a few of their clients before you decide to take up their services. It is a buyer's market, you can choose which service to buy and from whom.

Congratulations to those who got their PR and all the best to those waiting.

I'm not a MA nor an expert in this topic. I'm just another 186 applicant so here's just my personal view: the fact that your employer will be more comfortable with you working for him rather than having someone else -Australian or PR- doing the same job doesn't sound -by itself- like a solid reason to sponsor you.

But as long as he can proof that he's been doing research for candidates to fill a genuine, existing position at market salary rates and has been unsuccessful, he should be able to sponsor you. As far as I know there's no specific guideline on how to proof that, but common sense is to use job advertisements (seek.com.au, etc) and salary guides such as the one published by Hays as a benchmark.

Anyway, he better gets advice from some professional MA in Sydney that can help him with the Nomination stage.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Thank you soo much for your detailed reply.

I will definitely consult an MA as well. But hoping for the best!

Hi all, I have a question regarding the way the 186 is processed by the department.

I applied on the first week of October 2015. I received a request for more information for nomination part about a week ago.

I uploaded the information they required on the following day. then 2 days ago I received another request for more info, this time for the visa.

Now from what I read online if the nomination part of any 186 application is denied the visa part will not be assessed. So my question is - if Immigration has requested for more info on the visa part does that mean that the nomination part has been approved or they can be assessed at the same time?

thanks in advance

Hi all, I have a question regarding the way the 186 is processed by the department.

I applied on the first week of October 2015. I received a request for more information for nomination part about a week ago.

I uploaded the information they required on the following day. then 2 days ago I received another request for more info, this time for the visa.

Now from what I read online if the nomination part of any 186 application is denied the visa part will not be assessed. So my question is - if Immigration has requested for more info on the visa part does that mean that the nomination part has been approved or they can be assessed at the same time?

thanks in advance

What did they request. Normally yes it's a good sign but sometimes it's 2 different case officers working so it depends man. We all waiting for final results. Best of luck

What did they request. Normally yes it's a good sign but sometimes it's 2 different case officers working so it depends man. We all waiting for final results. Best of luck

for the nomination they requested training evidence and for visa police clearance certificates. you are correct visa and nomination are processed by two different case officers.

Hi all ,I need to know

Still we can't do the second job or we are allowed to do it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Once you have a PR visa, you can work in as many jobs as you'd like.

While you hold a 457 visa, you can only work in your nominated occupation and for your nominating employer. To do any different puts your 457 visa at risk as you'd be in breach of your visa conditions. If caught, your visa would likely be cancelled and you'd be deported with a ban from applying for another visa for 3 years. After the 3-year ban was completed, you'd probably face difficulty getting another visa to Australia. It's also breaches like this that make the application process more difficult for everyone else.

I am sorry, but I don't agree. Migration law is very complex. For example, there are requirements that need to be met at the time of application and then there are requirements at the time of decision. There are also certain validity requirements that are not so easy to understand by simply reading the DIBP website. Nomination application requires a lot of checks including training, turnover, personnel, financials, market salary rate etc. Visa too is not as straight forward as it looks. Also, having an agent let's you concentrate on your work and gives you that extra peace of mind knowing that someone who has studied specifically to lodge visas have lodged your application. It is like letting a certified electricians or plumber work your house. You would be able to sleep peacefully knowing that your house won't blow up in the middle of the night.

Now, there are always exceptions. Some Migration Agents are better than the others. Some migration agents do not have enough experience to deal with a certain kind of applications or may not have kept themselves up-to-date with the latest legislation (though they are required to do so.) and it totally depends on us - the clients, to choose the right kind of migration agent for our application. A very good test to see if your migration agent is good or not is to see how many clients they handle in a month, how busy they are and what is their success rate. Ask them for referrals. Say that you would like to talk to a few of their clients before you decide to take up their services. It is a buyer's market, you can choose which service to buy and from whom.

Congratulations to those who got their PR and all the best to those waiting.

I'm sorry mate but I don't agree with you for visa application.

I did my own for visa application and it took me an hour only to submit my visa and I don't see any difficulties while doing my own.

Even if you go with MA you have to prepare your own documents.

For Nomination, your employer can do (admin/accountant) because he/she has well known than lawyer/MA because he/she has all your details since you work for this company. incase of your employer do not want to do then go with lawyer/MA instead doing you own for your nomination visa only.

I'm sorry mate but I don't agree with you for visa application.

I did my own for visa application and it took me an hour only to submit my visa and I don't see any difficulties while doing my own.

Even if you go with MA you have to prepare your own documents.

For Nomination, your employer can do (admin/accountant) because he/she has well known than lawyer/MA because he/she has all your details since you work for this company. incase of your employer do not want to do then go with lawyer/MA instead doing you own for your nomination visa only.

U just said it what i wanted to say. I just couldnt be bothered answering this long story.

In addition, i never said do not use MA. All i wanted to say is, there are lot of people i know who suffered bcoz of MAs. A MA will help u but u have to take care of your application by urself.

I said, nomination might be bit harder than visa application bcoz for us making market salary and all other business related papers might be harder. Though accountant doest that all. But i cant just verify by myself if its all right.

But yeah whoever agrees or not visa application is not hard. I did for my all visas i applied last 8 years

nom and visa 7/09/15

NSW

U just said it what i wanted to say. I just couldnt be bothered answering this long story.

In addition, i never said do not use MA. All i wanted to say is, there are lot of people i know who suffered bcoz of MAs. A MA will help u but u have to take care of your application by urself.

I said, nomination might be bit harder than visa application bcoz for us making market salary and all other business related papers might be harder. Though accountant doest that all. But i cant just verify by myself if its all right.

But yeah whoever agrees or not visa application is not hard. I did for my all visas i applied last 8 years

nom and visa 7/09/15

NSW

We have to spread this awareness that “visa application is not hard and can easily do yourself”

hey folks,

Haven't been on in a few weeks - had documents requested and nearly ready to submit them and FINGERS crossed my nomination gets approved. Lodged Sep 23rd, Doc's request March 19th.

I was asked about training benchmarks and how we meet them, business has elected to go with training benchmark B - we have external business advisor and trainer but its a bit loose -- has anyone much experience submitting this information and how diligently do they drill down into it?

Thanks