Now that you have bought it up - It is all a big money making machine, this immigration department. In 2011 when they "reviewed" their pricing structure and introduced "fee for all applicants" the economy received a $1.7 billion injection! now according to this link they will make an extra $250 million this year. I think they are untouched by ACCC and the buyers of their services cannot be covered by consumer protection laws but I may be wrong there. However, there is no denying that it is the "seller's market." As long as there is demand and the supply is scarce - prices will be high (ninth grade economics)!

Contrary to the comment "when my kids ask for money..... " I will have to tell them "your dad used to be a money machine, until the day he applied for a PR"

But hey, no one forced my hand at this, I chose to apply for the visa after reviewing all options and going through the prices. So, I shouldn't be complaining :daydreaming:

Its goung to take your 1 full year may be bit more to find out loopholes and attempting to do something about the system, but hey as you said economics it applies and enforced to not only us but to small to medium business as well leaving big chains out who didn't pay their taxes from last 5 yeas that's why I said be proud at least you spent a lot of money so might as well.

We just got the magic email, such a great feeling I nearly cried at my desk!!!

457 - 186

nomination approved July 2015

visa applied 25th August

extra doc requested 24th February

doc uploaded 25th February

visa approved 1st March

good luck to all those still waiting, now to start the celebrations

457 - 186

visa applied 25th August

visa approved 1st March

good luck to all those still waiting, now to start the celebrations ???

Congratulations Rachel - Tears of joy are awesome - let them tears out! have a great day :)

457 - 186

visa applied 25th August

visa approved 1st March

good luck to all those still waiting, now to start the celebrations

congrats Rachel!!!!party time what'd ur occupation

457 - 186

visa applied 25th August

visa approved 1st March

good luck to all those still waiting, now to start the celebrations ???

congrats mate!! Do u know your processing center?

Hi All, PR lodged on Aug 11th with major agent in NSW under 186 sponsored scheme. Currently living in Perth under 457 same employer. From submission date still no news...agent gives standard reply saying immigration has a huge backlog...anyone on a similar timeline /issue?

Yes, I had a similar timeline and response from MA. 6-8 months timeline as a standard answer but when I first applied, 6 months time line.

Hi All, PR lodged on Aug 11th with major agent in NSW under 186 sponsored scheme. Currently living in Perth under 457 same employer. From submission date still no news...agent gives standard reply saying immigration has a huge backlog...anyone on a similar timeline /issue?

Whsts the point having major agent when they give time frame everyone else gives or know.

Hi All, PR lodged on Aug 11th with major agent in NSW under 186 sponsored scheme. Currently living in Perth under 457 same employer. From submission date still no news...agent gives standard reply saying immigration has a huge backlog...anyone on a similar timeline /issue ?

same ! unlucky 13th Aug