Hi, has anyone who has applied for nomination and visa application in early July received their PR yet? My nomination and visa application were submitted on 9/7/15. My police check will expire in the next couple weeks and I am concerned that it will expire right before they look at my application. What do you think?

"Application Received" - NSW team (Parramatta)

Nomination- 9/7/15

Visa Application- 9/7/15

Low Risk Country

My Australia police check will expire on 18/Dec and overseas police check will expire on 06/Jan/2016.

HR country

It's very very easy process to do our-self rather than going through with MA....

Not sure whether you can do it yourself or not (because you use MA)..... if it's permitted then i suggest you to do it your own. it will save ur $$$.

Forum Admin could you please shade some light on this.

Just do it yourself. $200 just to update details is ridiculous!

Guest Guest113774
I believe it is one year from the date on the police check.

Thanks guys.

I was checking the google doc on this website and the doco has some users who applied on July(even mid of July) and got their PR. I am hoping that they are doing July and also maybe the applications lodged on June but missing documentation.

https://drive.google.com/?usp=sheets_web

I called the immigration office the other day and this lady told me that some applicants just lodge an application which doesnt have any supporting documents and that's why the processing times are getting longer most of the times.

So I believe if you lodged an application it's important to keep the docos valid and dont slow down your or other's processing time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.

I was checking the google doc on this website and the doco has some users who applied on July(even mid of July) and got their PR. I am hoping that they are doing July and also maybe the applications lodged on June but missing documentation.

I called the immigration office the other day and this lady told me that some applicants just lodge an application which doesnt have any supporting documents and that's why the processing times are getting longer most of the times.

So I believe if you lodged an application it's important to keep the docos valid and dont slow down your or other's processing time.

All but two had lodged their nominations a few weeks before their visas, so were really in the June application pile I guess.

You would hope that applications without supporting documents just get kicked back with a request for a whole checklist of documents, then it's on to the next (hopefully better prepared) application. Some more visibility in the system would reduce the stress I think, a change of status to Allocated, then to Processing, then to Woo Hoo, PR granted, Yay! (They can change the labels, it's just a suggestion) because it's the silence that is so frustrating. But the system's not focused on our feelings, so as long as they pull their fingers out and start processing again at normal pace, we'll all be happy in the end...

Thanks guys.

If you look at those approved July application, you will find that most of then submit their nomination in or before July.

I think they were just lucky to get their nomination and visa application processed together.

According to the old records, immi office did this a lot but not for everyone.

Hi Guys,

I've been following this thread for a while and just wanted to share that my 186 visa (direct entry) has just been granted today.

The nomination and visa application are both done on 02/07/15. No correspondence made and the processing team appears to be NSW.

Hope this helps and good luck everyone!

Guest Guest113774
If you look at those approved July application, you will find that most of then submit their nomination in or before July.

I think they were just lucky to get their nomination and visa application processed together.

According to the old records, immi office did this a lot but not for everyone.

I see, I wasn't aware of that process. My application didn't involve a nomination application phase so I wasn't aware of that process. I am applying with the company that I am working for the last 3 years and they are also my 457 sponsor. This is a bit upsetting tho I was really hoping that they were doing July. It gives me hope to wait to heAr about my august application at least mid February.

My company going through a merging phase as it has bought by another big consulting company. I am not sure what kind of transition they will be going through and I really don't want to have this kind of stress again. Hopefully I will hear back before the company merges.

Hi Guys,

I've been following this thread for a while and just wanted to share that my 186 visa (direct entry) has just been granted today.

The nomination and visa application are both done on 02/07/15. No correspondence made and the processing team appears to be NSW.

Nice!!! Congrats, seems DIBP are doing well right now and try to catch up ...

Guest Guest113774
Hi Guys,

That's great July2.

And you gave us hope too. They are really [emoji323][emoji322] working on July!!!!

Guest Guest113774
but i though direct enter is different from transfer, correct me if i was wrong

Yes and I believe the difference is nomination application right?

So what I understood is people who applied to nomination app., whether they are direct entry or their sponsor is not nominating them yet.

I am a bit puzzled about who has a nomination application tho.

Thanks guys.

Ours had all the paperwork, medicals, police checks, payments.... decision ready! And we still have not heard... submitted both 30th June

congrats july 2

Hi Guys,

I see, I wasn't aware of that process. My application didn't involve a nomination application phase so I wasn't aware of that process. I am applying with the company that I am working for the last 3 years and they are also my 457 sponsor. This is a bit upsetting tho I was really hoping that they were doing July. It gives me hope to wait to heAr about my august application at least mid February.

My company going through a merging phase as it has bought by another big consulting company. I am not sure what kind of transition they will be going through and I really don't want to have this kind of stress again. Hopefully I will hear back before the company merges.

All 186 applications require a company nomination to be lodged first. If your nomination hasn't been approved yet, that could be the hold-up on your application. If your nomination has been approved already, then your application will be the only thing left for DIBP to review.

good to see that some of july cases has been granted.

Hats off..

Hi Guys,

Yes and I believe the difference is nomination application right?

So what I understood is people who applied to nomination app., whether they are direct entry or their sponsor is not nominating them yet.

I am a bit puzzled about who has a nomination application tho.

I thought everyone had to be nominated by their sponsor company first, then their personal visa application is made, either at the same time or once nomination is approved. That's the way it has been for me anyway, I'm transition stream.

I thought everyone had to be nominated by their sponsor company first, then their personal visa application is made, either at the same time or once nomination is approved. That's the way it has been for me anyway, I'm transition stream.

You can apply before nomination is granted but you risk your money ;-)

You will have it tomorrow or Friday...keep clam

Hi Guys,

congrats :)