Morning all

Goodluck for remaining March applicants today - hopefully you will hear some good news.

Can anyone please check their immi and let me know if they have the same message about character assessments as this under 'get health details'.

Get health details

Complete character assessment particulars for this applicant

I uploaded my form 80 then a few days later I had the thing pop up too. I think its standard for anyone who is required to do it at random.

Morning all! Today was the day for us :)

Visa grant notification is in my immi account this morning.

Nomination & Visa application submitted 2nd April 2015 (457 to 186 TRT + 187 Defacto)

Nomination & Visa application granted 20th July 2015

Best of luck to all those who are waiting.

Nomination & Visa application submitted 2nd April 2015 (457 to 186 TRT + 187 Defacto)

Congrats Pome!

Congrats pome! It has given hope for the rest of us. :)

congrats!

Its ur day mate .. Go n njoy as if thr is no tmrw

awesome congrats!

Congrats Pome!

Morning all! Today was the day for us :) Visa grant notification is in my immi account this morning. Nomination & Visa application submitted 2nd April 2015 (457 to 186 TRT + 187 Defacto) Nomination & Visa application granted 20th July 2015 Occupation: Management Consultant. Best of luck to all those who are waiting.

congratulation pome!!! Couldnunplz share which is ur processing center?

Hi guys,

I need your help and I am pretty sure you could give me the best advice.

I lodged the visa (186 TRS) on 29th of April after receiving the approval of the nomination the day before (I waited for the approval of the nomination as we were not 100% sure).

The immi account still says "application received" so, as far as I know, the department didn't even open our application. Fair enough I'm not in a rush.

In May, my wife received the new passport with the new last name as we got married. Obviously we added everything on the immi account such as, new passport certified, marriage certificate, form 929. The old passport has been cancelled by the embassy but we still have with the 457 label on it.

At this stage I presume it's all good with all the paper work for the 186 visa.

The problem though is that in 15 days we are going overseas. Obviously my wife cannot travel with the old passport as it has a big stamp saying cancelled on it. My fear is that the department of immigration doesn't have as yet the new passport details so I'm positive there will be some problem to come back here in Australia after 10 days.

What do you guys think? Should we send another form 929? to whom though?

Thanks for your help and hopefully we are all going to get the visa soon.

Matt

Hi Matt,

Have you verified VEVO that new passport is updated for your 457 visa? If not, it is mandatory to update new passport details to your existing 457 visa. Contact your MA who provided you 457, they will send information to immigration and it will be done in 2 hours time.

Thanks!

Sri

Hi guys,

I lodged the visa (186 TRS) on 29th of April after receiving the approval of the nomination the day before (I waited for the approval of the nomination as we were not 100% sure).

The immi account still says "application received" so, as far as I know, the department didn't even open our application. Fair enough I'm not in a rush.

In May, my wife received the new passport with the new last name as we got married. Obviously we added everything on the immi account such as, new passport certified, marriage certificate, form 929. The old passport has been cancelled by the embassy but we still have with the 457 label on it.

The problem though is that in 15 days we are going overseas. Obviously my wife cannot travel with the old passport as it has a big stamp saying cancelled on it. My fear is that the department of immigration doesn't have as yet the new passport details so I'm positive there will be some problem to come back here in Australia after 10 days.

Matt

I have had my passport expired once. I think you can use VEVO to check your visa entitlement using the new passport, if this shows you with your correct current visa it means that your visa is linked to the new passport and you can have the peace of mind moving in and out of Australia without custom problem, providing your visa allow multiple entry.

Hi Matt,

Have you verified VEVO that new passport is updated for your 457 visa? If not, it is mandatory to update new passport details to your existing 457 visa. Contact your MA who provided you 457, they will send information to immigration and it will be done in 2 hours time.

Thanks!

Sri

I did but it still on her old passport. I don't have any migration agent unfortunately. Is there any email to use to send any form 929 with the new details?

I have had my passport expired once. I think you can use VEVO to check your visa entitlement using the new passport, if this shows you with your correct current visa it means that your visa is linked to the new passport and you can have the peace of mind moving in and out of Australia without custom problem, providing your visa allow multiple entry.

Also ensure that when you travel, your 457 has not expired and your bridging visa has commenced as you cannot travel overseas once you are on your bridging visa when waiting for a decision from Immi on the sc186 visa application.

Hi guys,

Matt

Hi Matt - Did you receive an IMMI Bridging Visa A Grant when you lodged your application for sc 186 visa? If so, note the comments per below about travelling overseas:

Travel overseas

This bridging visa only allows you to remain in Australia. When you leave Australia, your

bridging visa will cease.

As you are a holder of valid Temporary Business Entry visa that allows you to leave and

return to Australia, the department recommends that you either:

apply for and be granted a Bridging visa B (which you can only do if you already hold a

Bridging visa A or a Bridging visa B) before you travel or

contact your case officer as soon as you return to Australia

I did but it still on her old passport. I don't have any migration agent unfortunately. Is there any email to use to send any form 929 with the new details?

Hi Matt

I travelled once with my two kids when we were on our 457 visa. They had new passports and it only occurred to me when we were checking in at the airport (going through customs in fact), when customs checked there passports, that VEVO had not been updated to link our 457 visa to their new passports. I thought that we were not going to be able to travel, however, customs updated it there and then on their computer, so we had not problems travelling back into Australia on our return from holiday.

Hi Matt - Did you receive an IMMI Bridging Visa A Grant when you lodged your application for sc 186 visa? If so, note the comments per below about travelling overseas:

Travel overseas

This bridging visa only allows you to remain in Australia. When you leave Australia, your

bridging visa will cease.

As you are a holder of valid Temporary Business Entry visa that allows you to leave and

return to Australia, the department recommends that you either:

apply for and be granted a Bridging visa B (which you can only do if you already hold a

Bridging visa A or a Bridging visa B) before you travel or

contact your case officer as soon as you return to Australia

Hi guys, thanks a million for your help. Our 457 visa will expire in November 2016 so I suppose we are fine to travel overseas. Please confirm as I'm freaking out now :)

I will send the form 929 to the case office we had for the 457 (still have his email address); in the meantime I'm waiting to talk to them over the phone. Better double check.

Too many problems!!!! getting stressed with all these paper work

Check VEVO to see if the passport details on her 457 have been updated. If not, call DIBP to see if they can get it updated over the phone (they should be able to see the 929 and supporting documents in their system). 15 day should be enough time to get it sorted if it's not updated already.

Edit: It's not an issue to travel on the existing 457s, the issue will be that her valid passport doesn't have the 457 linked to it so you need to get that sorted.