Thanks maggie. My question is I applied for 186 visa application yesterday but I still got 457 visa till 28 sep 2016. As soon as I applied for visa application they have granted me bridging visa a and I can't travel. Why is that

Hi hamiee

Your validity period of 457 visa us 28 sept 2016 .You can travel overseas if you have a valid 457 visa that will allow you to return. This won’t affect the processing for your 186 visa.

You're automatically issued a bridging visa when you lodge your 186 application and hold another substantive visa (e.g. 457). The bridging visa isn't active though as your 457 is still in effect. As such, you continue to follow the rights and obligations of the 457 visa (flexible travel). The bridging visa would only come into effect if your 457 expires, but since the 186 would be finalised long before the 457 will expire, it's highly unlikely you'll ever need to worry about the bridging visa.

Hi Websie,

Don't loose hope. I have finally got my nomination approval today after a marathon wait of over 237 days since my nomination was lodged. And then they asked for documents in 18/12/2014 which were submitted the same day. My wait has been for over 84 days.

Hope thing will move faster now. I will be filling my PR application now.

Also can some guide me as to what all documents needs to be attached in the application, though I am going through a MA but still want to be sure that nothing is missed out this time. I have already got my IELTS score, Police verification done.

Congratulations JS, have you updated the visa timeline website?

So if I have to wait 84 days I'll be done and dusted by middle of April, 9 months after application!

My Visa is approved. Thanks all for your support and responses. I have applied for nomination on 1st Oct 2014 and its approved on 9th Feb 2015.....Visa on 1st Oct 2014 and its approved today 11/03.

Congratulations.

Edited by Ozmaniac
Removed reference to other website

I think it was over waited period for nomination approval.

well the mandatory documents are

1 - Character, Evidence of - Overseas Police Clearance - National

2 - Language Ability - English, Evidence of Intention to Obtain - English Language Test, Receipt for Application

3 - Photograph - Passport - Photograph - Passport

4 - Identity, Evidence of - Passport

5 - Skills Assessment, Evidence of - Skills Assessment

6 - Qualifications - Overseas, Evidence of - Academic Transcripts

7 - Health, Evidence of - Other (specify)

8 - Work Experience - Overseas, Evidence of - Letter/Statement - Business/Employer

9 - Employment History, Evidence of - Resume

10 - Qualifications - Overseas, Evidence of - Other (specify)

Hope it answers your query.

Thanks dear

Congratulations JS, have you updated the visa timeline website?

So if I have to wait 84 days I'll be done and dusted by middle of April, 9 months after application!

Hi Websie,

I definitely don't wish anyone has to wait for so long. I hope the department is now putting their act in place and move faster for all pending cases.

Cheers

I also believe it acts as kind of indicator that CO has been looking into these documents.

So People who have already got their visa approval or have been asked for additional documents can confirm if " One gets a notification that a CO has been assigned to your application?"

So People who have already got their visa approval or have been asked for additional documents can confirm if " One gets a notification that a CO has been assigned to your application?"

Until I got a request for extra documents I was unaware I had a CO. Not that it matters because once the documents are requested the CO does not keep your file, it's back in a queue waiting for another case officer to pick it up. Waiting, just more bloody waiting!

I have filedmy Visa application yesterday. So can I now apply for medicare and get my private insurance cancelled?

That is correct, I filed my application in November and got the Medicare in December (getting an appointment in the city is difficult), you need to take the passport, filled in form and the visa submission acknowledgement from IMMI to the Medicare office. They will provide the number on the spot.

However be careful about cancelling your insurance, as that is a mandatory requirement for 457 and as you are still technically on 457 you need to maintain the insurance cover. This will also help you to apply for Medicare levy exemption when you file tax for this year. Check with your accountant.

hi csi

so do you mean when the visa lodged, we already can apply the Medicare and cancell insurance?

I don't think you can cancel the insurance as that is required for 457 which you still hold (if applying under TRT).

But yes you can definitely get the Medicare (interim valid for 1 year or if visa is rejected whichever is earlier)

Your MA is probably telling you all they have been told. Having spoken to Immigration myself I can tell you that they are not very giving with their information and will only say it's progressing.

Your MA should be able to tell you if your nomination has been approved though. They would have the TRN number for the nomination and can check online.

Hopefully you will hear something soon.

So my MA tells me my nomination hasnt been approved yet. Which I can't fathom as when I look at everyone else's timeline they have at least had their nomination approved before or after the 10 sept. My MA has never been asked for more docs. So I can't understand why my application is taking so long. Especially the PR is only for me. No partners or kids. Truly baffled and annoyed by the whole process.

Finally I got my pr notifications today.it was sudden news.this forum helped me a lot.didnt ask any extra documents.lot of people waiting.but wish them good luck.my file processed in Melbourne but I applied from Sydney.

Congrats Sumon123

Finally I got my pr notifications today.it was sudden news.this forum helped me a lot.didnt ask any extra documents.lot of people waiting.but wish them good luck.my file processed in Melbourne but I applied from Sydney.

Congratulations mate.. Pl update your timeline.

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to share our good news with you. Our visa was approved yesterday at 6.22 pm.

Here is our timeline:

Nomination lodged: 28th September 2014

ENS application: 28th October 2014 (complete with Medicals and PCC)

Nomination granted: 19th February 2015

Visa approved: 11th March 2015

The visa was processed in Perth (not sure if that matters) and we did not receive any contact from the CO until grant.

High risk country, no MA. Occupation: Cook. No kids, only my partner (who is the main applicatant) and myself.

Thank you all for this forum and sharing your experiences - it has absolutely helped us get through these last few months. Good luck to all who are still waiting and keep those fingers crossed.

OMG . Just got a call from Immi people and at the same time checked the immi account page.

It is now finalized and completed...we are now Permanent residents.

Good luck to everyone else and don't give up hope.

I know it gets frustrating when you do not see any thing change on the website.

ut she picked up my file for the first time today at 1pm. See approved the nomination and the visa in 3 hours. It would have been quicker if the MA would have answered he phone call earlier. At least she had the good sense to call me.

There was some typing mistakes in the MA application. So she just wanted to check them. Once I spoke to her she completed it in15 minutes...

TIME FOR A CELBRATION....

Don't know what I am going to do for 5 hours a day know there is nothing to check....

Belated Congratulations!!!!!!!! Did the officer even contacted your employer at all for the nomination approval or requested anything else before the approval? Anyway, trust you have been enjoying the PR, all the best!!!!!!

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to share our good news with you. Our visa was approved yesterday at 6.22 pm.

Here is our timeline:

Nomination lodged: 28th September 2014

ENS application: 28th October 2014 (complete with Medicals and PCC)

Nomination granted: 19th February 2015

Visa approved: 11th March 2015

The visa was processed in Perth (not sure if that matters) and we did not receive any contact from the CO until grant.

High risk country, no MA. Occupation: Cook. No kids, only my partner (who is the main applicatant) and myself.

Thank you all for this forum and sharing your experiences - it has absolutely helped us get through these last few months. Good luck to all who are still waiting and keep those fingers crossed.

Congratulations SpringinMelbourne... You can now update your signature :) & timeline