The status of documents uploaded with my applications (both nomination and visa) changed yesterday from "Required" to "Received"!!

Hi CSI

Not wanting to burst the bubble or dampen things but unfortunately from my own experience and from others on here it doesn't seem to be an inticator that things are going to happen any time soon. I got pretty excited when the same thing happened to me on 09.12.14 but others told me not to expect anything . . . sadly seems they were right.

cheers

Thomas

Hi Thomasowen, Jayzo - I understand it is a pre-screening of documents by CO support officers before a CO actually looks at the files. Not sure how quick anything will progress after this as that depends on the team the application is assigned to and their current load, I know people have been waiting for months even after this status change. Whatever be the case, it sure does gets you excited if you login everyday into your immiAccount to see something move!! Cheers

I'm hoping we hear something next week:wub:

Here's our timeline:

Employer Nomination 186 Direct Entry: 09/01/14

Approved: 17/03/14

Application submitted 14/08/14 - delay submitting was due to skills assessment taking 5 months despite the fact we'd had one previously to get out here on a 457.....

Federal Police checks uploaded: 23/08/14 - then discovered in December they wanted one for our 15 yr old too.....

Medicals completed 01/09

UK Police Checks uploaded 24/12/14 - didn't think we needed these as we've been in Australia over 18 months but we did go back for a holiday.....

The status of documents uploaded with my applications (both nomination and visa) changed yesterday from "Required" to "Received"!!

My documents status was changed from Required to Received on 24th Nov 2014 and since than i am still waiting.. i do understand your excitement that i have felt 1 and half month ago

My MA applied on 1st Oct and documents status changed to Received on 4th OCT but still i havent heard any update from my MA :-).

As per previous posts,change in document status doesn't add any sort of value .Probably we need to wait for a month for Oct applications.Last week,IMMI were looking into Sept applications.Probably in coming 2 weeks,they gonna look into Mid and last week of sept applications and then they may move to Oct applications.

Employer Nomination & application Logged : 1st Oct 2014

Medicals: 12th Sept 2014.

Document Status changed to Received on 4th Oct 2014.

Grant Status : Waiting

Hi Stubborn and Sam good luck and Today my document also changed from required to received. I hope we all get grant letter soon.
Edited by nkm

Hi guys ,I m going to relodge new nomination of 186 ..no query for old nomination.

problem of old C.O which forget to consider 1 online documents.

is their any effect of new nomination?

how long it's take time only nomination?

any reply would be appreciate.

thanks

Your MA should be able to advise you on this.

Would you not need to re lodge your visa application as well as your first application is linked to the original nomination?

You really should only do this on the advice of a professional.

Edited by websie

Your MA should be able to advise you on this.

Would you not need to re lodge your visa application as well as your first application is linked to the original nomination?

You really should only do this on the advice of a professional.

Hi jay

your new application will be treat as a fresh applications like others ( waiting 3 months)unless you got any section on ur refusal. It means unfotunately u will lose your visa application becoz they don"t linked permanent visa application with new nomination and they only do for 457. I sugesst you to just lodged nominTion and wait for approval and within six months of approval lodged it. I will suggest to go new MA who can do decession ready.best of luck

But my old application still"in progress"

so do I need to lodge new one after approval of nomination?

It's better wait for the decision of the nomination you lodged. If your nomination is refused as Sam6 told ,there must be the reason why? If it is refused with some particular sections, even your employer is not allowed to put any new nominatins. Better consult with MA your employer and take right decision. Don't be hasty. Save your 457 visa at least.

I *think* it's possible to lodge a new nomination and to request DIBP "link" your existing application to the new nomination. But you should do this with the guidance of a registered migration agent, as I don't think it's as straight-forward as I may make it sound.

No, not at all. I'm 100% sure that there is no link between the new nomination and the old applications. You have to withdraw all then start freshly.

Hi there is no any section only C.O Took decision as per whatever documents on their table.doesnt ask about any

new documents?so my m.a told me that need to new one

Only your MA can tell what's good or bad for your case. Hopefully they are good ones that know what they're doing.

I'd be surprised if you can submit new nomination and use the same application. I've never heard of such a thing, ever.

Best advice I can give you is to ask your MA to call immi to figure this out. Good luck!

Hi there

here is my timeline

Nomination lodged: 7 October

Visa lodged: 10 October

Nomination approved : waiting

Visa grant: waiting

My documents are showing as "received" since yesterday (04/01)

hi Lili

the Documents status changed from required to recived does not make any sense because mine was changed on 24th Nov 2014 and still waiting.. Anyway Good Luck

hi Lili

the Documents status changed from required to recived does not make any sense because mine was changed on 24th Nov 2014 and still waiting.. Anyway Good Luck

when the timeline is closer to 3 months and the status changed from required to received with the date makes sense, I guess. Let's see...