457 visa health insurance before or after problem

acc0101

Hi all~

My MA lodged my Nomination + 457 Visa application on-shore at the same time on 14 Fed, i am now under bridging visa.

& MA also advise me they will tell me to buy the health insurance in the right timing. :rolleyes:

But i found out that health insurance is one of a condition in 457 visa application.

Is it sth wrong with my MA or is it really better to buy the insurance after nomination confirmed ?

Cheers~

It will need to be in place when you lodge your part of the visa application, it is not required for the nomination.

yes, i know. but the funny part is my MA lodge the 457 Visa application without health insurance. will my visa application get in trouble ? :eek:

You are onshore now. Do you get reciprocal Medicare? That would satisfy the requirement anyway. Offshore applicants need insurance as they need to apply for Medicare so it covers the interim. Ask your agent for clarification.

Edited by rammygirl

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2017 at 5:57 PM, rammygirl said:

You are onshore now. Do you get reciprocal Medicare? That would satisfy the requirement anyway. Offshore applicants need insurance as they need to apply for Medicare so it covers the interim. Ask your agent for clarification.

he's on shore from HK, so he won't get reciprocal Medicare. 

Do we have to keep the insurance all the time? How can they check if it got cancelled? 

You will need to provide evidence of health cover before the subclass 457 can be finalised. You can lodge without it, however, it may slow down processing if you wait for the case officer to request it.

Once the 457 is approved, it is a condition of the visa that you maintain health cover. If you do not, you would be breaching your visa conditions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

My sponsorship and Nomination application has been lodged by my employer but yet to get any response. I am also planning to lodge my application. I was wondering do I have to purchase health insurance while I lodge my application. Or should I wait till the case officer asks for it?

If I consider to purchase the insurance, will the cost start counting when I land Australia or will it start right from my payment?

Thanks

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Hi there,
My sponsorship and Nomination application has been lodged by my employer but yet to get any response. I am also planning to lodge my application. I was wondering do I have to purchase health insurance while I lodge my application. Or should I wait till the case officer asks for it?
If I consider to purchase the insurance, will the cost start counting when I land Australia or will it start right from my payment?

Thanks

you can wait to get the insurance until your case officer requests it however as said before it might slow things down.
you'll be charged when the coverage starts (insurance company will ask when you would like to start with then).

when i did mine i did after lodging my visa but before the c.o. asked for it (don't remember if i even had a c.o. allocated already or was still waiting for one). i did it in mid june and requested the coverage to start from july 1st.

Sent using Poms in Oz mobile app