How Do i get my Brother and Sister in law out to live with me in Perth???

Hey Guys,

Its a long time since i came on here but without you i would not be in Perth writing this.

My brother and his family are thinking of coming to live out here with us in Perth.

How can he do this and what visas are available?

Does he need to come on his skills as a painter or can he get in with me sponsoring him as a citizen?

Your help please Pomsinoz :)

Hey mate,

You might want to post a few more details for more targeted replies. What ages are they? What occupations do they do? Are there kids?

Most people will suggest that a meeting with a migration agent will be advisable and they know the ins and outs of the systems.

The only sponsorship is via a 489. However, this is basically a skilled visa and in some ways a harder skilled visa as it limits the occupation to the SOL, so CSOL occupations are not included. It also has a range of criteria that apply to you. In essence, all it does is give some more points.

• 5 months later...
On 08/02/2017 at 10:08, TartanGary said:

If he is a painter to trade he will qualify for the 189 Skilled Visa,i arrived 5 weeks ago in Melbourne on the same visa with the same skill.Far as i know its still on the skills shortage list.

Hi, I am said sister in law, found this by luck. Could I ask you about TRA?

Afraid that isn't something I have undertaken.

I do know the assessing bodies though can be helpful if you contact them.

As a general rule, for the skills assessment initially, they will want proof of qualifications and proof of work history such as pay slips, employment contracts and things.

I am guessing you have checked you pass all the other criteria - points, health, age etc?