meet up in Melboure in October

Assuming I get my visa by then (and I should as I'm due to start work on the 6th October) then I'm still planning to come! Am looking forward to it :jiggy:

Right bumping this one up as well

Anyone interested we will be at Albert Park (home of the Australian F1) On the 11th of October (Saturday) At 11 o'clock Opposite the pits you will see a huge wooden fort for the kids, there are BBQ's toilets grassy areas it will be BYO (bring your own) Everything! Drinks, Food Balls bats etc also bring a picnic rug as I've said there are free BBQs so you can bring some meat or sandwiches up to you.

If you need any info please pm me

All welcome, PIO extended family more than welcome the m ore people there the better the day

Please note Only soccer will be played none of that football!!!!! LOL unless its AFL or Rugby.

Come on add to the thread

Geoffrey

OH Geoffrey you got ypur cavitiy search to come hehehe i arranged for cal to be there to point u out to customs lol

• 1 month later...
Guest Steve&Mandy
Right bumping this one up as well

Anyone interested we will be at Albert Park (home of the Australian F1) On the 11th of October (Saturday) At 11 o'clock Opposite the pits you will see a huge wooden fort for the kids, there are BBQ's toilets grassy areas it will be BYO (bring your own) Everything! Drinks, Food Balls bats etc also bring a picnic rug as I've said there are free BBQs so you can bring some meat or sandwiches up to you.

If you need any info please pm me

All welcome, PIO extended family more than welcome the m ore people there the better the day

Please note Only soccer will be played none of that football!!!!! LOL unless its AFL or Rugby.

Come on add to the thread

Geoffrey

Just boosting this thread to the top. Hope it is still happening and cant wait to see everyone.

Steve

Guest jogrant3232
Just boosting this thread to the top. Hope it is still happening and cant wait to see everyone.

Steve

Hi Steve

Who is doing the vouchers in Melbourne, you best start saving because it will cost a fair few when you visit Perth LOL

Guest johnmayer

We will do our best to be there. My brother and his wife are planning to move out sometime in October, so may have extra guests too much

Guest emma cant wait to go!

Hi, Thanks for boosting the meet Steve, We leave this coming Sunday and would love to meet up if thats ok? The packers are coming today!! I'm also hoping my little boy will learn some new "soccer" skills!

Emma x

Guest taffy 62

Sorry geoff.

Im heading south this weekend decided to do the coast road all the way down to melbourne, will spend 2 days there next mon and tues most prob.

Then I have to get job hunting.

Maybe we can meet up when your over here for good:jiggy:

11th october is the same date as the meet up for Britvics - ooh dear can't be in 2 places at once

Pity they are on same date. Great minds think alike I suppose.

For anyone around the Mornington peninsula who can't get to the Albert park meet you are more than welcome to come to the Britvics meet at Mornington park.

At last years meet we had around 80 Ex Pats come to it & had a great day.

Hi Geoffrey

We've been in melbourne for a year now after living in Perth for 3 years. Not sure where Albert Park is, but will do our best to make it! Could do with meeting some new friends.We're living in Preston (inner North) and enjoying all Northcote,brunswick fitzroy ect has to offer.

See you there..Colin,Nic,jake & Conna

Just logged onto PIO again after a few weeks - if the meet is still on at Albert Park (date?) we will definately try and come along. The weather is improving now and Albert Park is a lovely and central location to the city, so sounds like a good idea for a meet.

S.

Guest Lynn&Marc

We're newbies (only been here 3 weeks!) not done alot other than look for jobs, accommodation! We would love to come along and meet people if thats ok!

For the benefit of anyone wanting to get to the proposed Albert Park meet on Saturday by public transport, the 96 tram (from Southern Cross/CBD or St Kilda) runs along the side of the park with the pits.

If you get off at the Middle Park station and walk past the tennis courts you should see the pits building on your right. We know this because we're moving to Middle Park, but unfortunately on the very same Saturday (may wander along in the afternoon to look for stragglers though)...

[As an aside, anyone in the city the following day will be able to watch the Melbourne Marathon runners and/or swear at the traffic chaos!]

Hi peeps,

Sounds good, would be great to put some names to faces, I am hoping to be in the city on Sat for a food fair (Gluten free) so I will try to pop in on the way there, depends on how the rest of my week goes.

What time are you going to be there from, 11?? until when???

Karen

Archived