Urgently needing EOI help please Points don't add up.

gemmell88

Hi Guys and girls,

im currently on a working holiday visa and wanting to get a 189 visa. I'm currently here with my girlfriend. She's a registered nurse but hasn't done a skills assesment.

ive filled in an EOI but im not getting the points I thought I had.

My points breakdown says :

10 points for profieceint IELTS.

30 points for being 28 years old.

15 points for overseas experience as a mechanical fitter.

0 points for less than one year professional experience in oz.

when I've looked at this I thought I was supposed to get 10 points for transferring a trade through vetassess from mechanical fitter to cert 3 engineering - mechanical trade.

Ive put in the information on the page where it asks about trades recognition but i haven't been awarded any points.

Does anyone know were I've went wrong? Or do I not receive points for my trade?

All help will be greatly appreciated. I won't have time to get on a 190 state sponsored visa as I only have 10 weeks left of my visas.

Hey. thanks for the reply.

Ive already done an English test and got 10 points for that. I don't want to go and do another English test if im due points for my trade I've transfeeed. My trade, fitter general, is on the SOL so I thought I would get points for it?

Hey. thanks for the reply.

Ive already done an English test and got 10 points for that. I don't want to go and do another English test if im due points for my trade I've transfeeed. My trade, fitter general, is on the SOL so I thought I would get points for it?

You don't get points for having an occupation on the list, everybody iis in an occupation on the lists, otherwise they wouldn't be applying.

I didn't understand the sentence in your first post about "transferring a trade through vetassess from mechanical fitter to cert 3 engineering" what do you mean by that? Have you done a migration skills assessment?

As I said you don't get points for your trade only for qualifications and experience related to it. What is you highest qualification and it's Australian equivalent?

My highest uk qualification is NVQ level 3 in engineering maintenance. I've done a skills assessment with vetassess which has given me a MEM30205 cert 3 in engineering - mechanical trade. It says "this qualification is recognised within the Australian qualifications framework. I've only put my UL qualifications on the education part of the EOI because it asks for course dates, which I don't have for

the Australian qualification.

Sorry of im not being very clear. As much as I've tried to understand this migration process it's not making sense.

Thanks

euan

Hi. Ye sorry I haven't transferred my trade, I've just had it recognised by doing a skills assessment for

migration purposes. . Yes I have an NVQ level 3 in engineering maintenance and did a skills assessment for the fitter (general ) trade. The cert says I have fulfilled the requirements for MEM30205 cert 3 in engineering - mechanical trade. This qualification is recognised in the AQF framework.

Thanks for the reply btw!

My highest uk qualification is NVQ level 3 in engineering maintenance. I've done a skills assessment with vetassess which has given me a MEM30205 cert 3 in engineering - mechanical trade. It says "this qualification is recognised within the Australian qualifications framework. I've only put my UL qualifications on the education part of the EOI because it asks for course dates, which I don't have for

the Australian qualification.

Sorry of im not being very clear. As much as I've tried to understand this migration process it's not making sense.

Thanks

euan

I'm not an expert in this area so I could be way off but if your UK qualification has been recognised as equivalent to an Australian qualification without doing any additional study then logically the dates you did the UK qualification are the course dates for your Australian qualification.

Hi Guys and girls,

im currently on a working holiday visa and wanting to get a 189 visa. I'm currently here with my girlfriend. She's a registered nurse but hasn't done a skills assesment.

when I've looked at this I thought I was supposed to get 10 points for transferring a trade through vetassess from mechanical fitter to cert 3 engineering - mechanical trade.

Ive put in the information on the page where it asks about trades recognition but i haven't been awarded any points.

All help will be greatly appreciated. I won't have time to get on a 190 state sponsored visa as I only have 10 weeks left of my visas.

190 would be your way forward I think. Could you not get an extended WHV?

What level of AQF has Vetassess said your trade is equivalent to? If they say it's equivalent to an Australian trade qualification, then I think you can claim 10 points for that but I've never used the points system myself. I'm not sure if you put the dates of your UK course of the date of the Vetassess assessment.

Hi Guys and girls,

'mechanical fitter' is not currently listed as a skilled occupation.

There are several skilled occupations with 'fitter' in their title that are listed.

You need to identify the skilled occupation for which you received a positive skills assessment.

From what you have posted, if you consult a registered migration agent to review your skills assessment letter and your work experience certification/s, you stand a good chance of resolving your points issue.

I had the same problem when I went through as sheet metal worker, where I was losing 10 points. On the EOI you need to select "YES" to "do you meet the australian study requirements" then enter it as a QCF level III or equvilent.

I have the MEM30305 certificate (sheet metal worker) its worth 10 points. For dates I used the date that my work evidence started in the skills assessment to the date the MEM certificate was issued. For the campus I used the Australian one on the skill assessment, but I didn't claim point for experience.

Another thing you need to be very careful of is your overseas experience. If you got your NVQ through apprenticeship the time before the NVQ doesn't count as its not seen as skilled work. I owned a sheet metal fabrication company for 5 years but learnt on the job as I went, no formal training. I passed the vetassess and skills assessment but was informed that even though I had 5 years experience I wasn't able to claim points for it, the QCF3 is a 4 year course, therefore 4 years work experience was counted as on the job training. I applied with only the 10 point qualification from vetassess and 20 points on english test, the rest was age and state sponsorship. Over claiming on points is an instant rejection. You'll still have 10 points with 5 years overseas experience (giving you 60 and enough) if that does drop you below the 8 years for 15pts.

Hope this helps you out,

Edited by Zippy

On the EOI you need to select "YES" to "do you meet the australian study requirements" then enter it as a QCF level III or equvilent.

This is not correct and would most likely lead to a refusal. The question regarding the "Australian Study Requirement" is only relevant to international students who have completed at least 2 academic years of study in Australia.

This is not correct and would most likely lead to a refusal. The question regarding the "Australian Study Requirement" is only relevant to international students who have completed at least 2 academic years of study in Australia.

This is totally correct, I'm really sorry for the misinformation on my previous quote. Must have got the questions muddled up. Thank you for the correction Raul.

Edited by Zippy