Subclass 300 Prospective Marriage Visa HELP!!!!

Jim H

So this is the story.....

I recently went to Cairns for a month's holiday & stayed with a life long friend & fell in love with Cairns & Australia, whilst there i met a very nice young lady and we really hit it off & have spoke every day since i returned to the UK, i have been looking into a way of emigrating but unfortunately my profession (masssage therapist)was removed from the SOL a couple of years ago so cannot apply for a working visa.

Question is that the young lady who is a Kiwi is very keen for me to return on a permanent basis and has basically offered to marry me so we can have a life together in Cairns, but is it that easy? Im 46 & she is 37.

Advice appreciated

I recently went to Cairns for a month's holiday & stayed with a life long friend & fell in love with Cairns & Australia, whilst there i met a very nice young lady and we really hit it off & have spoke every day since i returned to the UK, i have been looking into a way of emigrating but unfortunately my profession (masssage therapist)was removed from the SOL a couple of years ago so cannot apply for a working visa.

Question is that the young lady who is a Kiwi is very keen for me to return on a permanent basis and has basically offered to marry me so we can have a life together in Cairns, but is it that easy? Im 46 & she is 37.

Advice appreciated

On what basis is this Kiwi resident in Australia? Are they a PR or citizen, or an eligible NZ citizen?

http://www.border.gov.au/Lega/Lega/Form/Immi-FAQs/what-is-an-eligible-new-zealand-citizen

Advice appreciated

If you are serious about Australia, do yourself a favour and obtain some professional advice.

Massage Therapist may not be on the SOL but it is on the CSOL and RSMSOL and as such subclasses 457, 190, 186 and 187 are possibilities.

If you are looking to be sponsored by a New Zealander, a subclass 461 may be an option, however, this is only a temporary visa.

Generally....

SOL = occupation list for 189 and family-sponsored 489 visas

CSOL = occupation list for 190, 457, 186 and state-sponsored 489 visas

RSMSOL = occupation list for 187 visas

If she's an Australian citizen, then she could sponsor you for a partner visa. But as stated above, a consultation with a migration agent would be very useful to understand the various options and develop a strategy to proceed.

Archived