189/190?

Barrenjoey

Hi, looking into migrating for the forth time in my life! Failed before due to lack of experience, changing requirements, job offer for partner being retracted etc.

i am a Primary school teacher (39), who qualified in 2001 (4 year teaching degree). I have had short amounts of time off on maternity leave and not all my working years have been full time. Does it matter how many hours a week you do to count towards your experience? My contracted hours are currently 17.5 hrs per week.

i have a skills assessment that has expired, but I guess that the details they use are the same, So shouldn't be a problem to renew. I also got overall 8.5 on ielts test (just expired). Any one had experience of this?

Would I qualify for either a 189 or 190 visa? WA looking for primary teachers.

is it cheaper to be state sponsored?

Sorry for all the questions. Want to get it right this time and be out there by this time next year!

thanks

Hi, looking into migrating for the forth time in my life! Failed before due to lack of experience, changing requirements, job offer for partner being retracted etc.

i am a Primary school teacher (39), who qualified in 2001 (4 year teaching degree). I have had short amounts of time off on maternity leave and not all my working years have been full time. Does it matter how many hours a week you do to count towards your experience? My contracted hours are currently 17.5 hrs per week.

i have a skills assessment that has expired, but I guess that the details they use are the same, So shouldn't be a problem to renew. I also got overall 8.5 on ielts test (just expired). Any one had experience of this?

Would I qualify for either a 189 or 190 visa? WA looking for primary teachers.

is it cheaper to be state sponsored?

Sorry for all the questions. Want to get it right this time and be out there by this time next year!

thanks

Considering your history, you may want to consider some professional advice, as the Regulations have, if anything, become more complex.

In regards to your questions:

• Employment experience needs to be at least 20 hours per week to be counted for points;

• The overall IELTS score is irrelevant. It is the individual scores that determine your English points. Be mindful that there are now a number of test other than IELTS which are acceptable for Immigration purposes;

• You do not qualify for a 189, as Primary School Teacher is not on the SOL;

• There is insufficient information in your post to determine if you meet the requirements for a 190.

Considering your history, you may want to consider some professional advice, as the Regulations have, if anything, become more complex.

In regards to your questions:

• Employment experience needs to be at least 20 hours per week to be counted for points;

• The overall IELTS score is irrelevant. It is the individual scores that determine your English points. Be mindful that there are now a number of test other than IELTS which are acceptable for Immigration purposes;

• You do not qualify for a 189, as Primary School Teacher is not on the SOL;

• There is insufficient information in your post to determine if you meet the requirements for a 190.

...informative reply Raul. How does maternity leave effect points. Eg: worked for 10 years but was out 3 years on mat leave (in a full time role)?

b

I am not sure why you think WA are looking for primary teachers, but nothing further from the truth. Primary teachers struggle to get work across Oz and of all areas WA is probably the hardest.

The reality is it will be extremely hard to get work as a primary teacher anywhere in Australia, other than remote outposts. However it is on WA sponsorship list so perhaps that is what OP means.

The reality is it will be extremely hard to get work as a primary teacher anywhere in Australia, other than remote outposts. However it is on WA sponsorship list so perhaps that is what OP means.

A few of our teaching friends are getting fair runs of temp work (In Victoria) and one or two even landing the holy grail of jobs - 'the Aussie permanent teaching post' - so miracles do happen.

B