please advice for mates 820/802

maxim1234

Hi

I have a question this is to the couple that i know

him and his partner have lodged applied 2014.... now lodged second stage 820/801 for actual PR after been 2 years together and send police check and received confirmation 26 feb 2016

The sponsor and applicant decided to separate... haven't told the immigration yet (scared to not get visa). althought told friends

Sponsor has already in new relationship since July 2016- its all over face book

Does sponsor need to advice immigration of separation? (he has not advised) But its all over facebook-

they still live together at same addres tho to cover things up

Is the grant of visa at stake? Since provisional 2 years they complied with all requirements - are they allowed to separate and applicant still get visa?

are they in trouble? or not coz 2 years they were genuine

so does the sponsor need to tell immigration they separated and he has new partner? or not?

are they in trouble if one of their friends calls boder protection and repoprts it- tell them to see sponsors facebook page with new relationship status and new partner

?

ANY THOUGHTS PLEASE

I am sure they know very well that not reporting it is obtaining a visa fraudulently. The reason there is a temporary stage is in case the relationship does not last, if immigration didn't care then everyone would go straight to the permanent visa.

I love the way you're reporting this for 'friends" - yeah right.

The fact they're concealing it means they know perfectly well what the score is. If they get found out, the visa gets cancelled. Simple

So so basically even they now stage two and applied for PR

they need to let immigration know they separated?

So so basically even they now stage two and applied for PR

they need to let immigration know they separated?

This has already been answered twice. If them splitting up didn't matter there wouldn't be a stage two for the visa would there? Of course it matters, the purpose of the two stages is to test the longevity of the relationship.

And they should be warned......DIBP often check facebook ............

So as a friend should i advice/ convince them to

infom immigration they split up?

as if they don't and immigration randomly audits them

they could be in trouble ?! How bad tho trouble ?

So as a friend should i advice/ convince them to

infom immigration they split up?

as if they don't and immigration randomly audits them

they could be in trouble ?! How bad tho trouble ?

Immigration don't need to 'randomly audit' them. Immigration are currently dealing with their application for a PR visa. If they have split up they need to inform DIBP and withdraw the application. As part of the visa process DIBP check up on the information supplied by the applicant to make sure the relationship is still ongoing, and one check they often do now is to look at social media.

How bad can the trouble be? If the applicant is granted PR under false pretences so then the visa can be cancelled at any time and the person told to leave the country.

Immigration don't need to 'randomly audit' them. Immigration are currently dealing with their application for a PR visa. If they have split up they need to inform DIBP and withdraw the application. As part of the visa process DIBP check up on the information supplied by the applicant to make sure the relationship is still ongoing, and one check they often do now is to look at social media.

How bad can the trouble be? If the applicant is granted PR under false pretences so then the visa can be cancelled at any time and the person told to leave the country.

Would they fine the sponsor?

I've never heard of a sponsor being fined. They are in breach of the visa conditions and are obligated under immigration law to notify DIBP that the relationship has ended. They aren't doing anyone any favours by lying about their situation. If you are aware they have broken up, I'd report them.

There is a clear responsibility to inform DIBP that the relationship has ended, which will result in the visa being cancelled. If both parties continue to pretend to DIBP that the relationship is ongoing then they might get away with it and get PR, or DIBP might find out and impose penalties. You won't get anyone on a public forum to advise that you should keep quiet and hope for the best, but you now know your options. Sorry, your friends' options :D

I think someone posted recently that a visa had been declined and what was posted on social media formed part of the evidence to decline). Not sure if the sponsor could get fined but they may not be able to sponsor a future partner.

I think someone posted recently that a visa had been declined and what was posted on social media formed part of the evidence to decline). Not sure if the sponsor could get fined but they may not be able to sponsor a future partner.

yep, that was us. Not enough evidence of our relationship publicly visible on facebook, plus false allegations by someone else about us had been made on there -effectively saying that we were both in relationships with other people.The case officer choose to believe the garbage that someone had posted on their own page (not one of ours) and which we didn't even know about.

No fine, just a refusal, so in order to be with my OH I have had to go back to the UK after over 20 years building a good career in oz. However that is not to say that a fine is out of the question if they could prove it was a fraudulent application, i guess.

Archived