How much time does validation of visa buy you?

racht

Hello guys.

Just tried to search to see the answer to this but cant find it anywhere.....

I know you have to validate your visa within a year of either PC or med, or date stated on visa (whichever is earliest), but, once you have validated, how long do you have before you have to go again? Just wondered, as I am looking at worst case scenario with the housing market.

Thanks for your time everyone.

Rach

Hi Rach

When visa is granted it is valid for 5 years multiple re-entry from the date of that grant. Let's say you have 9 months to validate. IF you validate immediately, you will have the best past of 5 years left on your visa. IF you validate at the last moment, you will only have 4 years and 3 months left on your visa. Technically you can delay migrating properly right up to the day before it expires. If you do this, you will be a permannet resident on arrival but would need to build up 2 years physical permanent residence before qualifying for a new 5 year multiple reseident return visa. Exceptions would be if you could prove close ties and it is possible to get ad hoc 3 month return visas if there was a compelling need to leave e.g serious illness or death of close family member.

So, if possible, try and migrate with 2 years still left on the visa so then you will have permission to come and go during the build up orf the required 2 years of physical residence.

Regards

Guest MariAndyok

Tony, great concise answer. Does this apply to State Sposored 176 visa also and does it matter if you go over 45? I presume not, but I would like clarification from someone who knows best.

TIA

Andy

Archived