eu referendum update

bunbury61

Yes it does. Without that it would be unconstitutional. Parliament cannot be bound by anyone other than itself.

Parliament would actually have to block it presumably via a Private Members Bill.

Constitutionally, the decision to kick off Article 50 is a decision for outgoing Prime Minister David Cameron alone. At the same time, nothing can stop Parliament from passing a motion that requests him not to do so.

What's so ironic is the number of people who voted for Brexit and are now panicking over what unfolding.... despite the fact, this is exactly we were all told would happen !!

Its going to be a bumpy ride !!

no one said this would happen before the vote.

Yes not only is this leaving the EU this could be the end of the UK. England can not force all countries to leave the EU. So Scotland will leave the Uk and likely NI will follow.

They can unless scotland has another referendum, if they lose the referendum then the people of scotland have voted to stick with the uk.

Please explain what you mean then, you would vote for her you say...where?

I like the way she conducts herself. I think she speaks a great deal of sense. If I was residing in a country where she was standing for election I would vote for her.

I'm not sure I can make it any more clear for you

Edited by ali
word removed

As expected exchange rate costing me over 50k at the moment, grr

I feel your pain. And when we actually start the process of leaving it is likely to dip lower. I am hoping my house sale goes through soon, and that by some miracle I can get my oension out the UK before the pound totally plummets

Edited by The Raillys

I feel your pain. And when we actually start the process of leaving it is likely to dip lower. I am hoping my house sale goes through soon, and that by some miracle I can get my oension out the UK before the pound totally plummets

The footsie is the highest it has been for 3 months, the pound will not plummet.

Houses have stopped selling in my village. We have gone from boom to bust overnight. Plus petrol is on the up.