Wish You Took / Glad You Took / Should Of Taken More..

gregc

Hi Guys

Just a bit of fun, but to everybody who has made the move, can you name

1 Thing you wish you took to Oz

1 Thing you re so glad you took

1 Thing you wish you took more of

(Children dont count for the first one )

...........don't think there is that much today you can't get here TBH....!

..........and with Internet shopping if you felt you missed out....you could order it....

..........id say just personal things....

............things that make home,,,home....!

............might just be small things....

.............but when you put them in your new home........you feel comfortable and content....irreplaceable things anywhere...!

...........so for me.......wished I'd brought a couple of pictures...

...........pleased I'd taken my crockery.....( some my grandmothers)

............wish I had bought more of my bedding...!.........just can't get the same anymore.....anywhere..!

Thing you wish you took to Oz: my wood burning stove - who knew it got cold in Australia??!! (have replaced now though :-) )

Thing you re so glad you took: More 'things I am glad we kept' - UK Bank Accounts.

Thing you wish you took more of: Argos reclinable sun loungers

Thing you wish you took to Oz: my wood burning stove - who knew it got cold in Australia??!! (have replaced now though :-) )

Thing you re so glad you took: More 'things I am glad we kept' - UK Bank Accounts.

Thing you wish you took more of: Argos reclinable sun loungers

Why the bank accounts ?

We took everything we owned,p.

We are glad we took everything we owned.

As I already took everything I owned there is nothing I wish I took more of, I see no real need to buy things in order to take them.

Why the bank accounts ?

We kept UK bank accounts with a decent amount of money in them. We use this to buy birthday/Christmas presents on line for family back home. Also, when we next visit UK we will have some spending money already there to dip into.

We kept UK bank accounts with a decent amount of money in them. We use this to buy birthday/Christmas presents on line for family back home. Also, when we next visit UK we will have some spending money already there to dip into.

Make sure you use your account not sure how often you need to, but UK banks are known to freeze/suspend accounts if no activity over a certain length of time.

Make sure you use your account not sure how often you need to, but UK banks are known to freeze/suspend accounts if no activity over a certain length of time.

Yes, there seems to be a birthday every month so it's getting good exercise, thanks for the tip though, I didn't know this.

Archived