Qualification Assessment Query??

Ozhope

Hi all

I wonder if someone maybe able to assist please. I hold an NVQ Level 4 in a relevant field to Community Worker job. Last year I had this Assessed by VETASSESS and got a negative result based on my qualification not having enough credits and GLH, they assessed it as relevant qual. This was not something my agent had ever before come across, as an NVQ Level 4 has always been assessed as equivelent to a Diploma and glh and credits did not play a part. I am currently bolted on units and glh to the qual but it is taking ages and may take longer than July.

I am now looking at Welfare Worker as an option for 190 visa. Same qualification level required.

My question is if anyone would have any knowledge if it is worth attempting to have my qualification assessed for Welfare Worker through AWCA in the hope that they would not look at GLH and credits - given that my agent had not previously come across this? I realise it is risky, but would just like a bit of advice? Could i just submit the certificate that does not show glh and credits?

I was working with a well known agent who is often recommended on here, I wasn't terribly happy with their level of support and contact when applying and I emailed last night asking for them to ring me to to talk about it so I could decide if it was worth a punt. Rather than talk they emailed back to say that it required the same level of qual that was rejected through VETASSESS.

I realise it is a long shot, I realise it is risky, but given that no-one was aware of the glh and credit requirement previously it may not be the case with all assessing bodies perhaps? I maybe clutching at straws, but you have to have hope and keep exploring avenues!

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Hi, pls tell us who is the well known agent who is often recommended here because I seen many recommended agents here because people here keep repeating their names like advertisements. It is fair we know who these well known agents really are and what they really capable of for the sake of consumer benefits.

Hi all

I wonder if someone maybe able to assist please. I hold an NVQ Level 4 in a relevant field to Community Worker job. Last year I had this Assessed by VETASSESS and got a negative result based on my qualification not having enough credits and GLH, they assessed it as relevant qual. This was not something my agent had ever before come across, as an NVQ Level 4 has always been assessed as equivelent to a Diploma and glh and credits did not play a part. I am currently bolted on units and glh to the qual but it is taking ages and may take longer than July.

I am now looking at Welfare Worker as an option for 190 visa. Same qualification level required.

My question is if anyone would have any knowledge if it is worth attempting to have my qualification assessed for Welfare Worker through AWCA in the hope that they would not look at GLH and credits - given that my agent had not previously come across this? I realise it is risky, but would just like a bit of advice? Could i just submit the certificate that does not show glh and credits?

I was working with a well known agent who is often recommended on here, I wasn't terribly happy with their level of support and contact when applying and I emailed last night asking for them to ring me to to talk about it so I could decide if it was worth a punt. Rather than talk they emailed back to say that it required the same level of qual that was rejected through VETASSESS.

I realise it is a long shot, I realise it is risky, but given that no-one was aware of the glh and credit requirement previously it may not be the case with all assessing bodies perhaps? I maybe clutching at straws, but you have to have hope and keep exploring avenues!

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi, pls tell us who is the well known agent who is often recommended here because I seen many recommended agents here because people here keep repeating their names like advertisements. It is fair we know who these well known agents really are and what they really capable of for the sake of consumer benefits.

If you read the forum rules you will see we do NOT permit name and shame posts.

I can also assure you we have no migration agents who advertise on the forum, what you will find is that most of the agents on here post on a regular basis helping our members without charge and don't push themselves. A lot of members have used their services and have been very happy and it is usually those who come back and tell members to use that particular agent. I personally recommend @Raul Senise as he has been very helpful to a lot of our members, also for parent visas @Alan Collett is the agent to talk to, then you have @George Lombard for any which have health enquiries and then we have Wesley.

I can see you are a new Migration Agent only been registered since 2016, when you have been on the forum for another few years and helped as many people as those above I'm sure your name will also come up as one who is recommended.

Admin

By being a new migration agent is neither anything wrong nor does it imply I am less helpful than any other agents here in this forum. I suggest you do not advertise/repeat any of the agent names which you keep repeating like others in the forum which suggest you may have ulterior motive more than anything. The fact these agents who you said they are helpful is your opinion which you can keep it to yourself. It is up to the consumers/clients they decide who they choose to be their agents and whether their services are up to scratch. You repeating/advertising of those agent names induce others to rely on your opinion which itself may be biased. The fact they are longer serving here in the forum does not mean I am less helpful by joining this forum just recently. Time factor has no relevance of being helpful or not. Only professionalism and how in-depth an agent into the migration laws, regulations and policies and into their client cases matter.

If you read the forum rules you will see we do NOT permit name and shame posts.

I can also assure you we have no migration agents who advertise on the forum, what you will find is that most of the agents on here post on a regular basis helping our members without charge and don't push themselves. A lot of members have used their services and have been very happy and it is usually those who come back and tell members to use that particular agent. I personally recommend @Raul Senise as he has been very helpful to a lot of our members, also for parent visas @Alan Collett is the agent to talk to, then you have @George Lombard for any which have health enquiries and then we have Wesley.

I can see you are a new Migration Agent only been registered since 2016, when you have been on the forum for another few years and helped as many people as those above I'm sure your name will also come up as one who is recommended.

Admin

By being a new migration agent is neither anything wrong nor does it imply I am less helpful than any other agents here in this forum. I suggest you do not advertise/repeat any of the agent names which you keep repeating like others in the forum which suggest you may have ulterior motive more than anything. The fact these agents who you said they are helpful is your opinion which you can keep it to yourself. It is up to the consumers/clients they decide who they choose to be their agents and whether their services are up to scratch. You repeating/advertising of those agent names induce others to rely on your opinion which itself may be biased. The fact they are longer serving here in the forum does not mean I am less helpful by joining this forum just recently. Time factor has no relevance of being helpful or not. Only professionalism and how in-depth an agent into the migration laws, regulations and policies and into their client cases matter.

You have just done yourself a great disservice there my friend. Doubtful you will get much business from this forum with that attitude.

There is nothing wrong with my attitude. Whether it is a disservice, only time will tell. But if you think I rely on this forum for business, then perhas you are right.

You not only need to re-read your posts but need to check out whom you are responding to. Certain people on here have built up a good reputation which has earned them some respect. You could learn from them.

Of course we will continue to mention the names of those agents who have been helpful -it rewards good service. I have reason to be grateful to Alan Collett of Go Matilda, both on and off the forum, similarly to George Lombard, and have also had valuable advice from wrussell -via his free advisory posts on the forum.

If people choose to use them as a result of my recommendation, thats up to them. Its no different to recommending a shipping company, a restaurant, a hotel.........we post our opinions, others can take that opinion and do what they will with it.

If you start giving advice for free, and being helpful to other posters, then i'm sure your reputation will grow and people will start to employ you as their agent as a result of recommendations on here. I'm sure all the agents above will agree that immigration forum recommendations bring in a lot of trade.

I am learning everyday to earn my respect but if someone is trying to belittle me by saying I am a new agent or I just join this forum being a newbie, then I will stand up to tell what is there to tell. I dont mean no respect to anybody here. As a matter of fact, the few agent names mentioned in this forum, I may have to learn from them through CPD programme because of their guru status.

But it remains the fact that I standby what I said which I have no regret whatsoever whether this is disservice/attitude to the detriment of my business only time will tell, mate.

You not only need to re-read your posts but need to check out whom you are responding to. Certain people on here have built up a good reputation which has earned them some respect. You could learn from them.

I am learning everyday to earn my respect but if someone is trying to belittle me by saying I am a new agent or I just join this forum being a newbie, then I will stand up to tell what is there to tell. I dont mean no respect to anybody here. As a matter of fact, the few agent names mentioned in this forum, I may have to learn from them through CPD programme because of their guru status.

But it remains the fact that I standby what I said which I have no regret whatsoever whether this is disservice/attitude to the detriment of my business only time will tell, mate.

Your shovel work is pretty good!

Again, you are entitled to your opinion which is perfectly fine with me. You are satisfied with your agents that is of your own choosing, perfectly legit, mate. But you guys digress from my earlier post which I asked the poster to tell us who is the agent being much talk about here yet not providing the services to the satisfaction of the poster requires.

People like you keep repeating agent names about their good deeds and reputation so on so forth, what about the agents doing not so good services shouldn't their names be known to others for consumer attention likewise?

Of course we will continue to mention the names of those agents who have been helpful -it rewards good service. I have reason to be grateful to Alan Collett of Go Matilda, both on and off the forum, similarly to George Lombard, and have also had valuable advice from wrussell -via his free advisory posts on the forum.

If people choose to use them as a result of my recommendation, thats up to them. Its no different to recommending a shipping company, a restaurant, a hotel.........we post our opinions, others can take that opinion and do what they will with it.

If you start giving advice for free, and being helpful to other posters, then i'm sure your reputation will grow and people will start to employ you as their agent as a result of recommendations on here. I'm sure all the agents above will agree that immigration forum recommendations bring in a lot of trade.

OMG , 18 posts and it's still going round in circles. It's really simple. Positive recommendations are permitted in the forum rules, negative ones are not. It's laid down in forum rules. If anyone doesn't like it they don't have to listen to the recommendations or be on the forum. It's really not that hard.

What kind of rules is that? You are saying people can just praise and say only positive things in this forum about agents, but not their negatives. Does this even make sense to you? If that is that case, the rules need to be changed for the public good. That is not hard to understand, isn't it?

OMG , 18 posts and it's still going round in circles. It's really simple. Positive recommendations are permitted in the forum rules, negative ones are not. It's laid down in forum rules. If anyone doesn't like it they don't have to listen to the recommendations or be on the forum. It's really not that hard.

What kind of rules is that? You are saying people can just praise and say only positive things in this forum about agents, but not their negatives. Does this even make sense to you? If that is that case, the rules need to be changed for the public good. That is not hard to understand, isn't it?

Yes it does work well, an opinion is built based on Positive work, the higher the frequency of positive recommendations the higher the perception, it is human nature to complain more then recommend and people can and do make negative comments in anger and haste, the Internet would then potentially detrimentally effect that business even if the comments are not justified. Once on the Internet, it's there forever.

Positive reccomendations however are only beneficial to the business image, the success can be measured on the number of these reccomendations.

Obviously there is also the legal implications that forum/internet comments can be used as evidence of legal defamation in some countries and this would open the forum itself to responsibility for those comments.

Like any other thing in this world the choice is down to the user of the forum, abide by the rules or don't use the forum.

Guest The Pom Queen

DO NOT dare come on MY forum and tell ME who I can and can't mention. What you forget is that you are on this forum because I have allowed you to join. Like our members have said you are very unlikely to get any enquiries with your attitude. Now I would let this matter drop before I decide you are no longer welcome here.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hey it's simple, you agreed to the rules when you signed up, if you don't like them then you know where the door is.

Of course agents who have been around the forum for a while will get more mentions than someone new like yourself.

TBH i had never heard of you until this thread, where as for many years i have watched many of the other agents give out advice on here and there names 'stick', hence if someone asks who can help, they are the names i give out.. no business or financial motive to me what so ever.

Cal x

Errrrrm so is anyone able to offer me any advice please? :wink:

I have no no intention of naming anyone. My experience is personal and their skills and ability do not come into play and they have been recommended by many on here and they clearly do a great job for most people and should I have received a positive VETASSESS result I have no doubt I would have a very happy customer!

I simply found their communications not to my satisfaction and as a returning customer, I asked for phone call back to obtain their advice so I could talk it through. They chose, to email me with a response which is fine, they gave me advice, based on the question I asked and it wasn't wrong advice by any means! I wanted to talk about it, as I'm not risk adverse and feel it maybe worth a punt as it is a different assessing body! My other gripe is that the Support Worker job is no longer on any state lists, given they knew I was working to bolt on additional units to go back for re-assessment, I believe an agent who delivers good customer service, would perhaps have mentioned this.

I believe they also missed a trick to ensure I returned to them when I was ready to re-assess, as right now I am unlikely to return as they didn't pick up the phone and speak verbally as I requested and shut me down with their email response and didn't even bother to say, look forward to hearing and working with you when you finish the additional units required!

anyway I have contacted another recommended agent from on here and will await their response. I have asked for a phone call so really hope I get the opportunity to discuss it verbally with them, instead of emails!

Thanks

Archived