recommendation and cost of migration agent uk

jenni9191

Hi everyone,

I am new to the site and would appreciate any information received.

I am a registered nurse from Scotland, starting the process of applying for a 189 visa. Time is of the essence as my Australian partners visa expires at the end of September when he will have to return to Australia.

I had planned on completing the process myself to keep costs down, however, as I have no idea what to write in my EOI, have decided that using a migration agent would be easier.

The quotes I have received vary substantially. Can anyone recommend an agent? Has anyone managed this without help?

I have a straightforward case. I have all the required documentation for a skills assessment. It's just the wording of correspondence I may struggle to get right.

Kind regards,

JM

I used an agent and don't regret it at all. I sometimes think I probably could have done it my self, but it's easy to say that afterwards when you know what to do.

I used migrate me and they were A* and cheaper than most!

Go Matilda talked about very highly on here as well

An applicant has to collect all necessary documents. Agent submits them only. Filling all forms requested by immi are also easy. In my case was forms 1221 and 80. If the case is straight forward I don't see a point to hire an agent.

Sent from Tapatalk

Hi everyone,

I am new to the site and would appreciate any information received.

I am a registered nurse from Scotland, starting the process of applying for a 189 visa. Time is of the essence as my Australian partners visa expires at the end of September when he will have to return to Australia.

I had planned on completing the process myself to keep costs down, however, as I have no idea what to write in my EOI, have decided that using a migration agent would be easier.

The quotes I have received vary substantially. Can anyone recommend an agent? Has anyone managed this without help?

I have a straightforward case. I have all the required documentation for a skills assessment. It's just the wording of correspondence I may struggle to get right.

Kind regards,

JM

I am an accountant from Scotland and am just waiting for my visa being granted - any day now hopefully.

I looked into the process at the start and then called an agent before I began. After talking to them I decided they didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know so decided to go on my own - and am glad I did.

If you have time to look through forums etc and your case is fairly straightforward (no health issues, child custody etc) then doing it on your own is pretty easy. Agents can be useful to consider routes you maybe thought weren't possible but if you have enough points for a 189 then that simplifies things.

Best of luck !

I used fragomen in Brisbane who got me the visa so I cant complain but in retrospect were a tad expensive compared to other agents. My sister in law used Migration Angels based on the Gold Coast who were well priced and gave an excellent service. Good luck

I'm a registered mental health nurse in the process of applying for my 189 visa. We're using Go Matilda and they're fantastic...highly recommended! When we started the process we were advised 8-12 months so September 2016 is probably pushing it but definitely get going with it asap. Good luck. :) x

Archived