TV PRODUCTION COMPANY SEEKS YOU! New Documentary Series - Families Moving to Oz

heevahamed

We are currently making a new documentary programme about people moving to Australia. It’ll be six one hour episodes and each programme would follow a family in the final build-up before they move, their arrival in Australia and first year of their new lives.

As emigrating to Oz is something that most of us would love to do but aren't brave enough to try, we’re looking for six charismatic British families planning a new life down under to inspire the nation.

We’d love to find people who are moving to Australia ideally within the next few months and might be interested in the potential of having the most exciting year of their lives captured on film. For anyone who loves a family home movie, it’d make an amazing keepsake.

If this is something you or anyone you know may be interested in, then please don't hesitate to give me a call on 01273 224800 or contact me on heeva.hamed@ricochet.co.uk.

There is absolutely no commitment at this stage, so please do contact for more info.

Thanks,

Heeva Hamed

I'm sorry but people replies are unbelievable and greedy.

I have been on a couple of TV shows and got paid nothing however received help and reassurance which I guess would be more helpful than a couple of hundred £'s whilst moving. Personally I would not have wanted people pestering us whilst getting used to our new environment and we did not do the big family goodbye.....in fact our exit was boring with not big dramas.

S

I'm sorry that you think my reply is unbelievable and greedy but I certainly don't see it that way. If a car manufacturer said to you "Would you mind helping us out on the production line for a bit to get some cars out the door?" would you consider that a greedy or unreasonable thing to ask?

The fact is someone is making money from this venture and others are being asked to contribute to it in a not insignificant way. This isn't a ten minute interview, but potentially a very invasive and time consuming commitment. It's quite likely something that would be major hassle while making a move like this as even you acknowledge yourself. Those of us who have moved/are making the move have/will sacrifice a great deal of time, energy and money to migrate. Seems quite reasonable to me that if another person wants me to help them - and profit from that help - it's fair to ask for some consideration.

BTW, as I said it my first posting I was just curious. There's only 2 of us so I'm probably not a family they'd be interested in and I don't live in the UK.

I have been on a couple of TV shows and got paid nothing however received help and reassurance which I guess would be more helpful than a couple of hundred £'s whilst moving. Personally I would not have wanted people pestering us whilst getting used to our new environment and we did not do the big family goodbye.....in fact our exit was boring with not big dramas.

S

You think that submitting yourself and your family to being filmed at a vulnerable time over a year-long period for the entertainment of the general public and the profit of a nameless production company should be done for nothing but help and reassurance? :rolleyes:

You've got to be kidding!

You think that submitting yourself and your family to being filmed at a vulnerable time over a year-long period for the entertainment of the general public and the profit of a nameless production company should be done for nothing but help and reassurance? :rolleyes:

You've got to be kidding!

Just think of the endorsements and sponsorship possibilities

"When discussing quotes with shipping companies don't forget to mention..."

I'd do it for the sake of re living those memories

Party until 4am with packers arriving at 7am

Pack the passports and tickets in which box? of 20 foot container?

Crash the rental car at tullamarine due to sleep deprivation (they should not supply new movies on flights)

Get robbed at short stay apartment (after being robbed legitimately by hotel for first week)

I'm sorry, but I just couldn't go through the public ridicule both sides of the move. All for the sake of 'fame'.

Especially seeing as these are commercial TV ventures, even a basic equity payment should be due ?

I still run all my activities through a uk limited company, happy to invoice on eom terms, no vat due. Let me know.

Leaving March / April it now looks (house sale fell down , back on market last week ):wink:

I have been on a couple of TV shows and got paid nothing however received help and reassurance which I guess would be more helpful than a couple of hundred £'s whilst moving.

On Wanted Down Under, the programme finds temporary accommodation, organises house viewings, interviews with prospective employers etc. I agree that would have great value for a family emigrating, but the OP is not offering any of that - he's just offering to document it.

Wanted Down Under also pays the families' air fares and temp accommodation.

Archived