The weather in Devonport Tasmania today

JockinTas

14 hours ago, emj1986 said:

. Wind should have normalised by tomorrow so might venture up to play in the white stuff emoji3.png

Being Sunday and nice weather today,  it's likely to be traffic jam central up there.  It might be less painful to walk up  from Lenah Valley.   ;)

Edited by Skani
  • Like 1

Being Sunday and nice weather today,  it's likely to be traffic jam central up there.  It might be less painful to walk up  from Lenah Valley.   [emoji6]

That we did! Took the dogs up with us too. 7 hour round trip but so worth it! It was the first time our Aussie shepherd had seen snow too. So beautiful up there [emoji177]22ee243243f43ae60f1c5b306367cf2e.jpg99fe7110c7f4a1189a334b6389254659.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, emj1986 said:

That we did! Took the dogs up with us too. 7 hour round trip but so worth it! It was the first time our Aussie shepherd had seen snow too. So beautiful up there emoji177.png

Well done you!   And well done doggies!  Beautiful photos and beautiful dogs.

I expect you are in training for the Point to Pinnacle in mid November now.  :biggrin:

http://www.pointtopinnacle.com.au/

• Like 1

Well done you!   And well done doggies!  Beautiful photos and beautiful dogs.
I expect you are in training for the Point to Pinnacle in mid November now.  :biggrin:
http://www.pointtopinnacle.com.au/

[emoji15] wow that's a mission. I love the gym but can't say I'm a cardio fan - I don't think I could run up pottery road never mind from wrest point to the pinnacle [emoji23]

7 hours ago, emj1986 said:

emoji15.png wow that's a mission. I love the gym but can't say I'm a cardio fan - I don't think I could run up pottery road never mind from wrest point to the pinnacle emoji23.png

Oh...you can walk.    The walkers start  an hour before the runners.   :cute:   They cap the numbers at 3000  (limited by the number of buses they can fit at the top of the mountain to bring them all down).

As for me...I give the royal wave as they stream past my place.  That's if I'm out of bed  in time.  :biggrin:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Evandale said:

And we have glorious sunshine with the occasional shower but the temperature has escalated to 15 lol

A friend was over on the east coast and was telling me they badly need rain there.  We are certainly not short of the stuff here on the north west coast.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What a gorgeous  day it is here. 25 and rising over the week apparently. The mop top trees are out , Evandale is ablaze in blossom, it really looks like an English village at the moment.  Planted some weeping cherries, a variety of apples  and olive trees a while back and had some stunning blossom already... 

Almost time to put the pool out for the head of the house.. our pooch!

mop top trees.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Evandale said:

What a gorgeous  day it is here. 25 and rising over the week apparently. The mop top trees are out , Evandale is ablaze in blossom, it really looks like an English village at the moment.  Planted some weeping cherries, a variety of apples  and olive trees a while back and had some stunning blossom already... 

Almost time to put the pool out for the head of the house.. our pooch!

mop top trees.jpg

It's 18c here and very breezy - nice day though.

The orchards around Spreyton are all in blossom.  Lovely time of year.

• Like 2

On 24/09/2017 at 14:27, Toots said:

A friend was over on the east coast and was telling me they badly need rain there.  We are certainly not short of the stuff here on the north west coast.

Just heard on the radio that a bushfire on the east coast in the St Helens area has burnt 4,600 hectares of thick bush.  It's so dry there - and here because of the rain everything is lush and green.  I hope they get a lot of rain before summer starts.

• Sad 1

On 10/22/2017 at 12:02, Toots said:

Just heard on the radio that a bushfire on the east coast in the St Helens area has burnt 4,600 hectares of thick bush.  It's so dry there - and here because of the rain everything is lush and green.  I hope they get a lot of rain before summer starts.

We once escaped a huge bush fire Toots and this was one of the reasons we left our rural location. My thoughts with the victims but thankfully so far no loss of life !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evandale said:

We once escaped a huge bush fire Toots and this was one of the reasons we left our rural location. My thoughts with the victims but thankfully so far no loss of life !

As much as I would love living rurally with loads of trees around me.....the idea of having to escape a bush fire completely terrifies me. So it's suburbia for us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bound4Tassie said:

As much as I would love living rurally with loads of trees around me.....the idea of having to escape a bush fire completely terrifies me. So it's suburbia for us.

After driving many miles around Tassie I wouldn't like to live rurally either.  Some of the very small towns are very isolated.  Because we live very close to the river and the sea we did wonder what it would be like in severe winter weather e.g. flooding but the winter of 2016 was VERY stormy here and some areas nearby -  Railton and Latrobe plus a few others did experience bad flooding but we were OK.