The weather in Devonport Tasmania today

JockinTas

7 hours ago, Toots said:

You're here!!!!  How are you settling?  

Yes the rain is very welcome - wish it would pour down.

Well you got your wish! Has rained for at least a couple of hours in Ulvie! Gradually getting things sorted....hard at first without an address but we're getting there.  Looking for house to rent in Port Sorell. ..viewing next wk. Missed out on a couple due to not having enough ID points for the application but we've got those now. 

Looking forward to being sorted and can start living 'normal life'! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bound4Tassie said:

Well you got your wish! Has rained for at least a couple of hours in Ulvie!

Can you send some down here please?  So dry down here...and we need cooling down (I don't do heat  :S )

I assume the little one recovered very quickly from the temp. and you didn't have to delay your flight?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bound4Tassie said:

2 of the kids were playing there on Wed. Lovely spot. We had lunch at Drift.  Very nice!

I walk past there most days.  That's the end of town where we live.  Have only been to Drift a couple of times.  There's a popular play area for children close by - you probably took your little ones there too.

Good to hear you are gradually getting everything sorted.  Is your husband glad to be back?

I am loving the rain.  Everything was so dry.  Won't need to water the garden today!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Skani said:

Can you send some down here please?  So dry down here...and we need cooling down (I don't do heat  :S )

I assume the little one recovered very quickly from the temp. and you didn't have to delay your flight?

She had 3day fever before we flew . Temp normal on departure then rash started at Manchester airport and proceeded to cover her head to toe over the 24hrs of flying.  Tried to keep her covered up in case they stopped us flying! She's fine now. ...just one of the many viral infant rashes they get! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, libbye said:

wow  that's hot for Tassie isn't it?  Sounds great.  What car did you buy?   Are cars much more expensive there than the mainland?

Here on the north west coast we had one day last year when it reached 30C.  The summers here are generally warm and far drier than the winters.

2 hours ago, Toots said:

I rather enjoyed the rain.   Dry day here with a blustery wind.  19C

Been raining constantly in Hobart since yesterday but it's delicious after such a dry warm spell.  58 mm in my rain gauge.  Spent extra time in bed this morning because it was so nice listening to the rain.  Now I've just lit the wood stove...a bit chilly ...after 33C on Wednesday.  ;)   But I'll take the chill rather than the 33 any day.

• Like 1

9.9 here at the moment....feels like 5.9 with the wind chill factor apparently.  Glad I lit the fire.  The only problem is I moved most of the firewood away from the house last week because it was so warm and I was worried about bushfires  :rolleyes::    now I hope I have enough dry wood to last into the evening.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, libbye said:

Are we talking about summer???? 

Well....it was 33C on Thursday...and we've  just had the warmest November on record. :cute:   However,  18  forecast for tomorrow....and low teens, early 20s for the rest of the week...so that will do just fine!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Skani said:

Well....it was 33C on Thursday...and we've  just had the warmest November on record. :cute:   However,  18  forecast for tomorrow....and low teens, early 20s for the rest of the week...so that will do just fine!

:laugh:  Earlier in the week folk were splashing around in the sea enjoying the warmth.  Today 2 hours drive away we could be building a snowman.  Crazy!