The weather in Devonport Tasmania today

JockinTas

8 hours ago, Bound4Tassie said:

Where is this? I’m looking for some new places to walk the pooches 🙂

It's on the way to Coles Beach from the Bluff but on the track which runs through the trees near the road.  There are some open grassy areas there.  I can walk to it but my favourite place to take him for a good run is still Pig Island at Latrobe.  You can now walk right around the island which is great.

1 hour ago, Toots said:

It's on the way to Coles Beach from the Bluff but on the track which runs through the trees near the road.  There are some open grassy areas there.  I can walk to it but my favourite place to take him for a good run is still Pig Island at Latrobe.  You can now walk right around the island which is great.

Yes Pig Island is good with the boardwalk there too. I like going along Sheehan walk through to Kings Park there too. I’ll have to do the Bluff to Coles beach. I’ve done the Pardoe Beach to East Devonport path a few times, Back beach and Lighthouse/Bluff towards town. I like trying new places. Usually walk on Shearwater Esp and the dog beaches there. Went out this evening but the horrible weather hit and we came home pretty sharpish! 

9 minutes ago, Bound4Tassie said:

Yes Pig Island is good with the boardwalk there too. I like going along Sheehan walk through to Kings Park there too. I’ll have to do the Bluff to Coles beach. I’ve done the Pardoe Beach to East Devonport path a few times, Back beach and Lighthouse/Bluff towards town. I like trying new places. Usually walk on Shearwater Esp and the dog beaches there. Went out this evening but the horrible weather hit and we came home pretty sharpish! 

IMG_9285.MOV

Yes we nearly got caught in the rain.  It was belting down.  Got home just in time.   

We used to be able to let the dogs off leash at East Devonport  ...........  the big grassy area close to the beach but apparently a big dog was causing trouble attacking other dogs so now all dogs have to be leashed.  Shame really as it was a lovely place for them to run free.  Bloody irresponsible dog owners.  😡

55 minutes ago, Toots said:

Yes we nearly got caught in the rain.  It was belting down.  Got home just in time.   

We used to be able to let the dogs off leash at East Devonport  ...........  the big grassy area close to the beach but apparently a big dog was causing trouble attacking other dogs so now all dogs have to be leashed.  Shame really as it was a lovely place for them to run free.  Bloody irresponsible dog owners.  😡

Yes those owners exist everywhere- very annoying 😡 Dogs are always off lead even on the onlead beaches I find. 

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Toots said:

Got to love Tassie weather.  It rained most of the night and today will be dull and showery with the temp reaching 17C.   Can't call the weather boring here. 😛

Forecast to reach 17C here in Hobart too today (currently "feels like" 11C.  Even a little snow forecast above 1200 metres.    We had 36C last Monday. 🙄

• Like 1

After a weekend of very cool, drizzly weather it looks hopeful for the next week.

Today:                            Min:      8C                          Max:     19C                Cloudy

Tuesday:                       Min:      8C                           Max:     20C                Sunny

Wednesday:                Min:     11C                          Max:     20C                 Sunny

Thursday:                    Min:     12C                          Max:     22C                 Sunny

Friday:                           Min:     12C                         Max:      24C                 Sunny

Saturday:                     Min:     13C                         Max:      23C                 Sunny

Sunday:                       Min:      16C                          Max:     24C                 Sunny

Monday:                       Min:    13C                           Max:     23C                 Sunny

On 18/01/2021 at 10:00, Toots said:

After a weekend of very cool, drizzly weather it looks hopeful for the next week.

Today:                            Min:      8C                          Max:     19C                Cloudy

Tuesday:                       Min:      8C                           Max:     20C                Sunny

Wednesday:                Min:     11C                          Max:     20C                 Sunny

Thursday:                    Min:     12C                          Max:     22C                 Sunny

Friday:                           Min:     12C                         Max:      24C                 Sunny

Saturday:                     Min:     13C                         Max:      23C                 Sunny

Sunday:                       Min:      16C                          Max:     24C                 Sunny

Monday:                       Min:    13C                           Max:     23C                 Sunny

30.1 at 2:48 pm here and bang, it dropped like a stone and now it’s 17.4 at 7:30.  Craziest summer I can remember.  Next 6 days expected max temps are,  27, 31, 33, 37, 38, 39. 

• 2 weeks later...

We had 67mm of rain during Friday night.  😮

Today:                            Min:      12C                          Max:      21C               Sunny

Monday:                        Min:      10C                           Max:      21C              Sunny

Tuesday:                       Min:      13C                            Max:      20C              Sunny

Wednesday:                Min:       13C                            Max:      20C              Sunny

Thursday:                     Min:       13C                           Max:       21C             Rain

Friday:                           Min:        13C                           Max:       23C             Overcast

Saturday:                     Min:        12C                           Max:       21C              Sunny

Sunday:                        Min:         14C                           Max:       21C              Sunny

Nice mild day here on the north west coast.  20C

We are off to Oatlands - 200km from Devonport to help friends put up fences and gates on their bit of land they bought recently.  Glad the weather isn't too hot to be doing all the physical stuff.  We will be staying there for a couple of days.

Oatlands has a population of 500 and has some really nice old sandstone houses.

oatlands1.jpg

oatlands2.jpg

oatlands3.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It was nice enough when I was out early this morning and a couple of kookaburras were laughing their heads off.  Somebody passing the time of day with me stated that was a sign of rain to come.  An hour later we had a deluge.  It lasted until late this afternoon and now the sun is shining again.

kookaburra.jpg

Gorgeous day.  21C, clear blue sky, no wind.  Heading off for a week.  Will be exploring the Franklin Gordon Wild Rivers National Park - staying at the little town of Strathgordon then for a couple of days with our friends in Dover on the south west coast.

Overcast day with a bit of drizzle.  20C

The weather could have been better when we were down in the south west.  Absolutely lovely scenery and lots of interesting things to see.  

1.  Invergordon where we were based when exploring.  2.  Apples ready for picking.  3.  Fine, white sandy beach - lots of them around.  4.  View from friends' kitchen window.

strathgordon.jpg

apples.jpg

005.JPG

013.JPG

Today:                            Min:        8C                            Max:       18C              Rain

Sunday:                          Min:       12C                           Max:       18C              Sunny

Monday:                         Min:       13C                           Max:       22C              Sunny

Tuesday:                        Min:       13C                            Max:       19C              Sunny

Wednesday:                  Min:       13C                           Max:        19C              Sunny

Thursday:                      Min:        13C                           Max:        20C              Sunny

Friday:                             Min:        13C                           Max:        21C             Sunny

Saturday:                        Min:       14C                           Max:        21C             Sunny

• 2 weeks later...

The weather the past few days has been calm and around 21C but we have been warned to brace ourselves over the next couple of days for the tail end of the weather which has been hitting the east coast of the mainland.  The sea has been a bit stormy with big waves especially at high tide.

Photo from the local paper.  Surfing at the mouth of the Mersey river, Devonport.  I was watching them earlier today.

surfing on the mersey1.jpg

• Like 1

Today:                            Min:       12C                            Max:       22C              Sunny

Thursday:                      Min:       13C                           Max:       23C               Sunny

Friday:                            Min:        13C                           Max:       21C              Sunny

Satuday:                        Min:        11C                           Max:       24C              Overcast

Sunday:                         Min:        11C                           Max:        19C              Showers

Monday:                        Min:        11C                           Max:        21C               Sunny

Tuesday:                       Min:        12C                           Max:        20C               Sunny

Wednesday:                 Min:        14C                           Max:        19C               Sunny

• 2 weeks later...