Permanent Residency

lozwalsh91

Hey, I've been in Australia for 11 months. I've already got a second year visa meaning I am eligible to stay in Australia for another 13 months, but I'm curious on becoming a resident. My friends have done the process and advised I look into it sooner rather than later; which obviously, makes perfect sense.

Back in England I completed a 'BSc Business Information & Systems' degree, the same year I came to Australia. Because I was at university right up until traveling to Australia I haven't been employed with that skill ever. In Australia I've done plenty of construction laboring also.

Wondering if there are any possibilities in me being able to stay? Would a sponsorship be the only realistic way? I'm 24 years old, if that is of importance.

Thanks in Advance,

Laurence.

Even with sponsorship, you need to meet the requirements for an occupation on one of the DIBP occupation lists (SOL and CSOL). ICT occupations require at least 2 years of relevant experience, and only qualified construction trades would be considered. You may need to simply go home and look for a path to close one of those gaps.

Marry an Australian! ;-)

Partner visa (subclass 309/subclass 100 lodged 02/04/2015, CO (VF) allocated 06/05/2015. Police ACRO Check completed 24/09/2015, Medical Check completed 01/10/2015, currently completing a C100 removal from jurisdiction for my Stepson, looking to locate to Melbourne Berwick area with my family of five in early 2016.

If it is at all possible to get relevant work in Australia that would help you but I don't think there is a way of staying permanently without passing a skills assessment and that requires more than a years experience anyway.

Hey, I've been in Australia for 11 months. I've already got a second year visa meaning I am eligible to stay in Australia for another 13 months, but I'm curious on becoming a resident. My friends have done the process and advised I look into it sooner rather than later; which obviously, makes perfect sense.

Back in England I completed a 'BSc Business Information & Systems' degree, the same year I came to Australia. Because I was at university right up until traveling to Australia I haven't been employed with that skill ever. In Australia I've done plenty of construction laboring also.

Wondering if there are any possibilities in me being able to stay? Would a sponsorship be the only realistic way? I'm 24 years old, if that is of importance.

Thanks in Advance,

Laurence.

Get married to an Aussie.

Though that might prove the greater challenge. :wink:

Thanks in Advance,

Laurence.

Hi Laurence,

As you hold an IT degree, you are eligible for both a 457 visa, and a 187 (Direct Entry) PR visa - if you are living in a regional area of Australia. You do not need post-degree work experience to qualify for either of these visas.

Joy

Hi Laurence,

As you hold an IT degree, you are eligible for both a 457 visa, and a 187 (Direct Entry) PR visa - if you are living in a regional area of Australia. You do not need post-degree work experience to qualify for either of these visas.

Joy

Would this also require sponsorship, or merely living in those areas?

Archived