Logging application without a MARA agent

Nicola Goodban

Hey everyone,

so Im getting closer and closer too having the funds for my visa : ) finally!!

however just been looking around and realise that the visa itself is only £2,000. Meaning the other £3,000-£4,000 is purely on "admin/agent fees" obviously this is starting too light a few bulbs in my mind in terms of saving money. Was wondering has anyone in here logged a visa application purely by themselves or even know of anyone who has? I mean, Im a very meticulous person too say the least and really organised! you could literally give me any topic and ill learn it all at great depth, if anything I do believe that Ill be capable of doing the application myself.

has anyone got any insight about this? would be really appreciated any feedback : )

Nicola

I have applied for myself and my family independently. If you have a straightforward application it is doable, just make sure you can back up your claim for points with all of the correct paperwork. You do need to go through everything with a fine toothed comb, the visa fee is a lot of money to lose over not filling things in correctly. If you go for an agent you have their experience to see you through. It was an expense we couldn't afford and so far, so good for us xx

Hey everyone,

however just been looking around and realise that the visa itself is only £2,000. Meaning the other £3,000-£4,000 is purely on "admin/agent fees" obviously this is starting too light a few bulbs in my mind in terms of saving money. Was wondering has anyone in here logged a visa application purely by themselves or even know of anyone who has? I mean, Im a very meticulous person too say the least and really organised! you could literally give me any topic and ill learn it all at great depth, if anything I do believe that Ill be capable of doing the application myself.

has anyone got any insight about this? would be really appreciated any feedback : )

Nicola

Nicola,

It does depend on the complexity of the visa, but sometimes you won't know this until you get into the process.

I am not sure if you are lodging a skilled visa, but if you are, you need to understand the skill assessment requirements and how points are calculated. If you need state nomination, each state has different requirements around work experience and showing settlement funds. You may need an English test to meet the points, and this may need to be done for the skill assessment, and may be Academic or General. Documents for different stages may need different certification, and if documentation is missing or unclear, you may not get the points you think you have.

It is worth weighing up the cost, and whether an agent is like an 'insurance policy'. It's not just the visa fee you lose if refused; it's the time and the unfortunate reality that Immigration policy changes regular, and you may be ineligible for another application in the future.

Joy

I did mine myself...I read and read and read till I knew exactly what I was doing and which PR visa i wanted..I got a couple of free consultations from agents after i seen alot of ppl used them but that just confirmed to me that I knew enough about the process to do it myself...I cut out the middle man n I had no problems

Hey everyone,

Nicola

I did it myself. Be prepared for lots of reading (on this forum) and asking questions where you can't find the answer (on this forum).

I preferred doing it myself - it's the best way to make sure the job is done properly!

For what it's worth I would certainly advocate having an initial consultation (and paying for it) as a minimum - for us I have done most of the work myself but a consultation provided some focus and direction on my preparation and then also a potential strategy based on our individual circumstances and aspirations that may have altered the whole strategy had we undertaken that at the outset.

I think that initial consultation would then flag to yourself whether you require the full services or are in a position to go it alone!

For what it's worth I would certainly advocate having an initial consultation (and paying for it) as a minimum - for us I have done most of the work myself but a consultation provided some focus and direction on my preparation and then also a potential strategy based on our individual circumstances and aspirations that may have altered the whole strategy had we undertaken that at the outset.

I think that initial consultation would then flag to yourself whether you require the full services or are in a position to go it alone!

Very sensible plan.

thanks a lot for the response guys, think I will do it myself, Im willing too put in the time too go in depth about it : )

also. due too my occupation being classed as a educational adviser, this would mean that the occupation would be on the CSOL as opposed too the SOL. Which is fine, but just means id have too apply down the route of a state nominated visa, which again is fine, cause I know I want too live back in Queensland : )

just have a question, "settlement funds???" now I've been doing some searching this morning at work, and looks like it depends from state to state, however I'm seeing a coherent value of having $20,000 to go over there with (£10,000). would I be correct in what I'm reading? It would only be myself going there on the state sponsored visa.

thanks

thanks a lot for the response guys, think I will do it myself, Im willing too put in the time too go in depth about it : )

also. due too my occupation being classed as a educational adviser, this would mean that the occupation would be on the CSOL as opposed too the SOL. Which is fine, but just means id have too apply down the route of a state nominated visa, which again is fine, cause I know I want too live back in Queensland : )

just have a question, "settlement funds???" now I've been doing some searching this morning at work, and looks like it depends from state to state, however I'm seeing a coherent value of having $20,000 to go over there with (£10,000). would I be correct in what I'm reading? It would only be myself going there on the state sponsored visa.

thanks

I always suggest 3 months totally self sufficient funds, I'm pretty sure that $20K is more than enough for a person going alone.

thanks

occupation of educational advisor is not on the Qld occupation lists, therefore nomination for 190 would not be possible. You will need to look at other state occupation lists to see if you can get nomination from another state, if not employer sponsorship may be your only option.

you should defiantly speak to a registered migration agent as your case is not straight forward.

Oh yes, I missed that one. Lebourvellec is correct, only South Australia are sponsoring and the conditions to meet are not easy.

Thank you you so very much, both Lebourvellec & CaptainC. I'll admit as soon as I heard you say that my occupational isn't on the QLD list, I did panick.... Slightly.... Just a bit. But then straight away started looking at state occupational lists. And yup you are right SA does have my occupation. : )

personally i I think in going to go down the route of 190 state nominated because to be honest, as long as I am in Australia I'm flexible too go anywhere. : ) benefits off being a solo applicant eh.

It will ill work out cause I will make it : )

thanks again guys!

From what has been posted, the probability that you could satisfy the South Australian conditions is very low. If you do not have a relative resident in SA, you would have to be a SA graduate or be working in SA.

At first sight, Catch 22? - You need to be working in SA to get a visa and you need a visa to work in SA. There are sometimes workarounds.

May I suggest that you consult a registered migration agent for a preliminary assessment? You should be able to find out whether you qualify and if not what (if anything) you can do about it.

Also, CaptainC how do you know that the conditions too meet are not easy? How could I find this out?

Occupations on the Supplementary Skilled List and Special Conditions Apply are available if you meet all requirements under one of the following categories:

More information on the occupation lists and their meaning is here.

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/nomination-process/skilled-nomination-requirements/supplementary-skilled-list-and-special-conditions-apply

I strongly suggest you need to speak to a good registered migration agent.

Occupations on the Supplementary Skilled List and Special Conditions Apply are available if you meet all requirements under one of the following categories:

More information on the occupation lists and their meaning is here.

http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/nomination-process/skilled-nomination-requirements/supplementary-skilled-list-and-special-conditions-apply

I strongly suggest you need to speak to a good registered migration agent.

Hi,

I would also suggest that you'd benefit from getting an assessment from a migration agent.

Joy

Hi,

I would also suggest that you'd benefit from getting an assessment from a migration agent.

Joy

Ahhhh gutting!! From reading the posts honestly- it doesn't sound like id be able too get in then. I don't know what too do now really, cause obviously there not gonna change there requirements

also if I was to get a assessment from a agent how much do these cost?

Ahhhh gutting!! From reading the posts honestly- it doesn't sound like id be able too get in then. I don't know what too do now really, cause obviously there not gonna change there requirements

also if I was to get a assessment from a agent how much do these cost?

wrussell is an agent, see ^^ above post ^^

Maybe contact him and see what he'll charge?

Archived