citizenship test

gazz

Just make sure you read the book ,that will be all you really need. We did loads of sample tests and after sitting the test realised everything was in the book ,if we had relied on the sample tests alone and paid little interest in the books we would have struggled ,i think.

Cal x

If you speak English and have read the book you cannot fail the test. You don't even need to study the book, just read it. The questions are dead easy - by way of example, the first one on my test was What is the capital of Australia - the options were something like Canberra, Darwin and Adelaide (i.e. not even Sydney or Melbourne to trip you up). Another one was what colour is the Australian flag - options RedWhiteBlue, RedYellowBlack or BlueWhiteGreenBlack.

Plus, I asked what happened if you failed. They said they give you another go straight away. And if you fail twice, they just make you go to a seminar and deem you to have passed.

I got 100% in 1 minute 45 seconds.

As a matter of interest, I have just sat a sample quiz. Only got 15 / 20 (and some of those were guesses):wideeyed: glad it wasn't for real.

Been living here for over 20 years and a citizen for 14. Opps. Better brush up on a few laws I think!

The capital city questions are easy but I didn't get any of those. My questions were all about the law / constitution / governor general / etc...

Easy on the actual day when you have read the pamphlet prior.

Quite tricky 20 years later without the pamphlet as a "refresher" prior

I don't think so - a similar thread is running on the Perth site and out of curiosity I went to the departments example tests - about half of the questions on there appeared on my test. Did them all correctly in minutes. The majority are just common sense. The only one I had to think about was the colours of the Aboriginal flag.

Archived