UK No Claims Discount in Oz

andyishy

I am trying to arrange car insurance in Oz and have a few quotes, unfortunately I can't seem to find anyone who will accept a UK NCD that is 18 months since the last policy ...... I have 9 years NCB in the UK and with an Oz insurance policy tipping 2k the 55% discount would be VERY handy!!!

Does anyone know of an Oz insurance company that would accept an 18 month old NCB from the UK?

Thanks in advance!

Andy

Are you driving a Rolls Royce?

I found insurance here cheap enough without having to rely on any UK ncb. Maybe that was just down to our location and general risk.

I can only suggest the brokerage sites like Compare the Meerkat etc. Then call the individual insurers and haggle.

If the insurers aren't interested in the UK ncb, then there's not much you can do about it.

They are interested, but the ones I have spoken to so far will only accept a NCB cert less than 12 months old - in the UK this rule is 24 months.

Was wondering if anyone knew of a company that would accept 24 months.

Not a RR, but not a 1993 holden either!

Insurance companies have not asked about NCBs (though we had 9). They ask if we have had any accidents in last 3 years or convictions in last 5 and how long we have held a licence. No evidence requested but obviously if we made a claim and they learned we had lied they would not pay out I guess. We have insured 2 new cars here for under $1000. Helps I think that we are over 50 but car insurance has been lower for us here than in UK.

We found that the insurers weren't interested in our NCB. Our insurances come to less than $1000 per year, including one new top of the range and an older car which is driven to/from work/the train station. I suspect that much of it is age, as our policies came down in price significantly when OH (male) passed 35.

Guest The Pom Queen

I have deleted the posts trying to turn the question in to an argument. Anymore and infractions will be given. This isn't the ring or CTF forum if you can't answer the original post then please move along

I am trying to arrange car insurance in Oz and have a few quotes, unfortunately I can't seem to find anyone who will accept a UK NCD that is 18 months since the last policy ...... I have 9 years NCB in the UK and with an Oz insurance policy tipping 2k the 55% discount would be VERY handy!!!

Does anyone know of an Oz insurance company that would accept an 18 month old NCB from the UK?

Thanks in advance!

Andy

For our first policy here we used Virgin, they accepted ours...not at the full discount but enough to make a difference.

After the 1st year you're ok.

For our first policy here we used Virgin, they accepted ours...not at the full discount but enough to make a difference.

After the 1st year you're ok.

After some shopping round last night, I have a quote at 1100, which is OK, its with Bingle, who I know dont get the greatest reviews, but a few insurers have now told me that after a year with Bingle they'll offer me full NCD discount (this would make the typical policy AUD800).

Not sure what arguments happened in the thread! For some scale I am insuring a car with a value of over 100k, hence the higher than typical quotes.

Thanks for the assistance!

What car are you insuring? Seems quite expensive. Have you rang them up? Everything here seems to be a bit more negotiable price wise so always worth calling and seeing if they can do better.

After some shopping round last night, I have a quote at 1100, which is OK, its with Bingle, who I know dont get the greatest reviews, but a few insurers have now told me that after a year with Bingle they'll offer me full NCD discount (this would make the typical policy AUD800).

Not sure what arguments happened in the thread! For some scale I am insuring a car with a value of over 100k, hence the higher than typical quotes.

Thanks for the assistance!

That quote certainly seems reasonable for a car of that value. We were with Bingle for one year and due to one of Brisbanes wonderful hail storms had to make a claim and it wasprettypainless.

That quote certainly seems reasonable for a car of that value. We were with Bingle for one year and due to one of Brisbanes wonderful hail storms had to make a claim and it wasprettypainless.

Good to hear that a claim was painless, there are some terrible online reviews for them ...... but insurance reviews only ever focus on peoples problems!

Its what they cost, sadly! Not sure its what they're 'worth' tho!!! The Luxury Car Tax does crazy things to car prices, combined with an initially inflated supply cost.

Ah yes I agree with that. These taxes and restrictions were put in place to protect the local manufacturing sector, now that is going or gone it will be interesting to see if it changes in the future.

They accepted ours when we arrived and many others have cited the companies that do. Admiral accepted mine and didn't ask to see it. The company my wife went with just gave her an introductory deal which more or less equalled her no claims. You need to shop around a bit more.

They accepted ours when we arrived and many others have cited the companies that do. Admiral accepted mine and didn't ask to see it. The company my wife went with just gave her an introductory deal which more or less equalled her no claims. You need to shop around a bit more.

If that reply was to me ...like I said they used to ! but not now.

Archived