EOI Invitation date predictions (FOR 189 VISA ONLY)

CaptainC

Thanks.......I hope it's quicker though......I'm already living in Australia with a job. Also according to skills select they need 13872 Reg nurses and they only have 1776 so far in the 2015-2016 programme. :-S

good luck everyone.....:-)

For the EOI. it's all to do with the points that you have and its automatic, the occupation (apart from a couple) has no bearing on the invitation rounds. The applicants with 65+ points get invited first and then if there's any invitations left then the people with 60 get invited on a first come first served basis.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the EOI. it's all to do with the points that you have and its automatic, the occupation (apart from a couple) has no bearing on the invitation rounds. The applicants with 65+ points get invited first and then if there's any invitations left then the people with 60 get invited on a first come first served basis.

Thank you. I'm doomed. Better book my flights home then I guess. My 457 runs out in March :-( Not a good system for people who already live here with a job. :-(

Thank you. I'm doomed. Better book my flights home then I guess. My 457 runs out in March :-( Not a good system for people who already live here with a job. :-(

If you could top up your points to 65 then you could get an invitation on the next available round. You could take the IELTS or PTE test, or are you already claiming max points for that?

Yes I'm claiming 10 points for it. I did PTE.......omg this is torture! I might do it again but it's giving me a nervous breakdown.....I'm rubbish at exams. :-S

thank you for your advice :-)

Yeah definitely get your nose in the books and do PTE again. Do it ASAP, it might be your last chance.

What date does your 457 run out?

Hi Captain C

ive been a voyeur on this site for a while now getting lots of valuable information from members like yourself... Finally I have a question of my own in relation to the 189 invitation round for 17th Feb

i submitted my EOI on 13/02/16 with 60 points with the Anzsco code 241411

if I am not invited within 24 hours of this post does this mean I have missed out this round?

In the case of not getting an invite this round I predict I would comfortably increase my points to 70 by taking an IELTS test. Would you suggest I sit this test and update my EOI before he next round? Would the 70 points guarantee me an an item next round?

Any advice is welcome!

Hi Captain C

ive been a voyeur on this site for a while now getting lots of valuable information from members like yourself... Finally I have a question of my own in relation to the 189 invitation round for 17th Feb

i submitted my EOI on 13/02/16 with 60 points with the Anzsco code 241411

if I am not invited within 24 hours of this post does this mean I have missed out this round?

In the case of not getting an invite this round I predict I would comfortably increase my points to 70 by taking an IELTS test. Would you suggest I sit this test and update my EOI before he next round? Would the 70 points guarantee me an an item next round?

Any advice is welcome!

It's a 50/50 choice really, you definitely won't receive an invitation this round, but I fully expect that you will within 2 or 3 rounds if you stay on 60 points.

If time is not a factor then you can avoid the further expense and not bother with the IELTS or PTE (as long as you are a citizen of either UK, USA, NZ, Canada, or Ireland. If not then the English test is mandatory anyway) or if you want a quick invitation (next available round after submitting) then you can do the PTE or IELTS.

Bear in mind though that the IELTS results take at least 2 weeks to come back, but the PTE is a lot quicker and results are usually available within 48 hours.

It's a 50/50 choice really, you definitely won't receive an invitation this round, but I fully expect that you will within 2 or 3 rounds if you stay on 60 points.

If time is not a factor then you can avoid the further expense and not bother with the IELTS or PTE (as long as you are a citizen of either UK, USA, NZ, Canada, or Ireland. If not then the English test is mandatory anyway) or if you want a quick invitation (next available round after submitting) then you can do the PTE or IELTS.

Bear in mind though that the IELTS results take at least 2 weeks to come back, but the PTE is a lot quicker and results are usually available within 48 hours.

Thanks for the prompt and honest response. Time is of the essence really, I think I will look into the PTE test and hopefully get it done before the next invitation round. Thanks again, I will keep you updat d wig my progress.

How about this! In the space of a couple of hours I posted in here, got some advice... (appreciated regardless of following paragraph)

Booked a PTE exam, £193 as it is in two days time, start revising, start preparing myself for the notion I will have to wait another mon or so for an invite.........

Email invitation arrives in my inbox from Skill Select! Momentary joy coupled with immediate angst I had just paid nearly £200 for a test I did not need...... Called the company Pearson Vue for a refund......... No chance.......

So I must be as lucky as you ..... Albeit out of pocket too! So the journey begins!

I'm both happy that you got invited and sorry that you booked the PTE based on my post. So, I'm really sorry about that. @Ben P

I did not see that coming, it was a big surprise to see so many 60 points applicants being invited, my messages inbox has been flooded with late submitted EOI 60 pointers in the last hour.

@Flumper congratulations!! You can breathe again, just don't leave things until the last minute again!! ;-)

@CaptainC it's not a problem, it was good advice..... I must have got really lucky!

So now I have 60 days! Is the visa application a working document (in regards to being able to fill parts in and save to then return to later on)

or or do I have to upload all my documents and info in one go?

@CaptainC it's not a problem, it was good advice..... I must have got really lucky!

So now I have 60 days! Is the visa application a working document (in regards to being able to fill parts in and save to then return to later on)

or or do I have to upload all my documents and info in one go?

Yes, it's a working document. You can complete fully or save and go back to it as many times as you like. Most of it will be filled in already from the information in your EOI, so there's actually not a great deal to do. You can start uploading documents once you've paid your VAC, and again you can go in and out of the eLodgement pages as many times as you wish.

You can upload a maximum of 60 documents, and each document can be no bigger than 2MB, so i'd recommend scanning them as PDF's.

I'd also recommend having everything uploaded within 14 days of paying the VAC, as it's possible that your application will be allocated to a processing officer and if they see that it's not fully completed then they close it again and then you'll have to wait a bit longer for someone else to open it and start processing it. A full and complete application including the Medicals and PCC are getting processed fairly quickly so if you have a simple, uncomplicated application and upload it all as fast as possible, then you may get a decision in a fairly short time period.

Best of luck

Yes, it's a working document. You can complete fully or save and go back to it as many times as you like. Most of it will be filled in already from the information in your EOI, so there's actually not a great deal to do. You can start uploading documents once you've paid your VAC, and again you can go in and out of the eLodgement pages as many times as you wish.

You can upload a maximum of 60 documents, and each document can be no bigger than 2MB, so i'd recommend scanning them as PDF's.

I'd also recommend having everything uploaded within 14 days of paying the VAC, as it's possible that your application will be allocated to a processing officer and if they see that it's not fully completed then they close it again and then you'll have to wait a bit longer for someone else to open it and start processing it. A full and complete application including the Medicals and PCC are getting processed fairly quickly so if you have a simple, uncomplicated application and upload it all as fast as possible, then you may get a decision in a fairly short time period.

Best of luck

Thanks again @CaptainC

invaluable advice, I'll follow your advice and keep you posted.....

Hi Captain C! I was wondering if you could offer some advice....

I had planned to front load police and medical checks between my EOI and a hopeful invite. Got police checks sorted but when I went to do the health declaration I realised I needed passports for my three children which are now in the post. Anyhow to our surprise after only submitting the EOI last Tuesday we have received an invite today! So now not sure if I should go ahead with the visa application or get the medicals done first? We are on a bit of a tight timescale! Any advice would be gratefully appreciated:)

Hi Captain C! I was wondering if you could offer some advice....

I had planned to front load police and medical checks between my EOI and a hopeful invite. Got police checks sorted but when I went to do the health declaration I realised I needed passports for my three children which are now in the post. Anyhow to our surprise after only submitting the EOI last Tuesday we have received an invite today! So now not sure if I should go ahead with the visa application or get the medicals done first? We are on a bit of a tight timescale! Any advice would be gratefully appreciated:)

Don't do the health declaration now that you've been invited. Wait until you get the passports and then complete and submit the visa application. If you do it now then you'll have two HAP ID numbers and it can seriously delay your application.

Once you've applied then you will automatically generate a health declaration in the eLodgement page

Thanks for this Captain C. Do I still submit the police check? Typically I got an email yesterday to say my certificate will be 10-20 working days. I presume this has to be uploaded with the application? You mentioned visa applications with police and medicals were going through relatively quickly but now with such a quick invite and unable to front load, have you any idea of how long a potential grant may take?

Thanks for this Captain C. Do I still submit the police check? Typically I got an email yesterday to say my certificate will be 10-20 working days. I presume this has to be uploaded with the application? You mentioned visa applications with police and medicals were going through relatively quickly but now with such a quick invite and unable to front load, have you any idea of how long a potential grant may take?

Yes you still submit the police check. You can front load if you wait until you have everything before applying. But as long as you get everything uploaded fairly quickly then you give yourself a better chance.

It's honestly impossible to say how long a visa grant takes, typically it takes 2-3 months, but some take a few weeks and others take 12 months or more. Every application is unique and nobody can ever say with any certainty how long it will take.

Yes you still submit the police check. You can front load if you wait until you have everything before applying. But as long as you get everything uploaded fairly quickly then you give yourself a better chance.

It's honestly impossible to say how long a visa grant takes, typically it takes 2-3 months, but some take a few weeks and others take 12 months or more. Every application is unique and nobody can ever say with any certainty how long it will take.

Could I go ahead with application now rather than wait for the police check if it's going to be a few weeks in the post?

Hi Captain,

I would appreciate your thoughts on my chances of getting an invite in the coming months. I have the option of retaking IELTS or similar to try & increase points to 75 but I don't mind waiting a few months on the invite if it is likely that I would still get one.

1. ANZSCO code -221111

2. Occupation - Accountant

3. Points score - 65 points

4. Date of submission of the EOI - 21/01/16

Thanks in advance!

Hi captain can you please suggest me when can i get my EOI for Genenral ACCounting and external auditor

189 - General Accountant - applied on 1st feb - 60 points - pte 65+

189 - External auditor - applied on 1st feb - 60 points

190 - External auditor - applied on 19th september - updated 1st feb - 65 points

190 - General Accountant - applied on 1st feb - 65 points - PTE 65

should i register for regional if so when

my visa is expiring in August . and I am on 485.