EOI Invitation date predictions (FOR 189 VISA ONLY)

CaptainC

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

"Greetings"

i am new to this forum,

Can you guys kindly advise me when can i get an invite for the EOI submitted by me.

Points - 65

Date of EOI submission - 23 September 2015 16:09 PM

Profession applied for - Accountant

Last date cut off as per Skillselect 17 february 2016 - 23 September 01.09 AM (for 65 points)

Kindly help me out on the above

Thanks in Advance :)

From some information that I've seen in the last 24 hours, it appears that the minimum points for accountants has increased back up to 70 again. It's impossible to say how long it will be like this. But as mentioned in one of my earlier posts, there is always a surge of EOI's being submitted around this time of the year, as the end of the programme year is fast approaching.

The programme year runs from 1st July to 30th June (in the following year.

Normally there is a backlog to clear in the first couple of months of the new programme year, then it quietens down again in September to January then starts to pick up the pace again in February - March through to August.

@ Caption C - Thanks again for the Info at least it subsides my Anxiety,

But the sad truth is that it was only reduced to 65 in two previous rounds that is as on (February 3rd and February 17th) and they again raising the Bar to 70 which would mean clearing the backlog of 70 points from (19 January till 8th of March which does not look that logical) but then it is God's plan, I would say.

But genuinely appreciate your words of wisdom.

@ Caption C - Thanks again for the Info at least it subsides my Anxiety,

But the sad truth is that it was only reduced to 65 in two previous rounds that is as on (February 3rd and February 17th) and they again raising the Bar to 70 which would mean clearing the backlog of 70 points from (19 January till 8th of March which does not look that logical) but then it is God's plan, I would say.

But genuinely appreciate your words of wisdom.

They don't raise the bar as such, it's all dependent on the amount of 70+ point applicants per round. If the allocated places are taken by those people then unfortunately others get left out.

I'm sure the bar will drop again, it's just very hard to predict when that may happen. Rest assured though that when it does drop, you will certainly be one of the ones to receive an invite. You only missed out by a matter of hours. Your time will come.

Hi Captain C,

What are your thoughts on my situation...

Systems Analyst 261112

EOI 4th June 2015

60 points

Thanks

Very difficult to say, they are currently a year behind on invitations for systems analysts. I would hazard a very loose guess on having another 4-6 month wait I'm afraid.

Can you get more points? Maybe retake PTE or IELTS?

Very difficult to say, they are currently a year behind on invitations for systems analysts. I would hazard a very loose guess on having another 4-6 month wait I'm afraid.

Can you get more points? Maybe retake PTE or IELTS?

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I have no way of increasing my points and already have max points for English...I guess I'll just to have to wait. Its very frustrating to say the least! I just hope I eventually get an invite....

Hi Captain

1. ANZSCO code : 261313

2. Occupation : software engineer

3. Points score: 60

4. Date of submission of the EOI: 5 March 2016

189 visa, which round got chances for invitation? shall i need to wait till july?

Hi irkahc,

Did you get the invite on 09th of March round?

Captain C

What was the cutoff date for 9th March Invitations?

Not possible to say for sure, but all indications that it was around the 22nd Feb

Thanks so much for the reply Captain C! I really hope this is the case - we are very conscious about how little spaces are left for Engineering Technologists class :( When is it likely DIAC will publish numbers on how many were issued yesterday?

Charlotte

Normally a week. But sometimes it goes several weeks without an update. I'll post again as soon as I know.

Edited by CaptainC