EOI Invitation date predictions (FOR 189 VISA ONLY)

CaptainC

Patrick, sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

It's 50/50 whether to retake the IELTS. You're likely to be invited within 4-6 weeks I'd have thought. Retaking IELTS will guarantee an invitation on the next round, but you'll still have to wait 2 weeks for a result, so it's swings and roundabouts really.

If you took PTE and got the required grade, then the results are much faster. Normally within 2-3 days.

Thank you for your prediction. I am not in a hurry to get the invitation as long as I can expect to get it before the end of August when I turn 40 so I won't take the IELTS test again.

Maybe I am lucky to get an invitation in one of the April invitation rounds before the limit is reached. Otherwise I assume that I will get it in July which is fine, too.

Cheers,

Patrick.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Partner has 75 points as an electrician (ANZSCO 341111).

Do you know what the invitation dates may be on an EOI submitted next week?

If you get the EOI in before 11:59pm on the 11th April (Canberra time) then you'll receive the invitation around 24 hours later. If you miss that cut off time, then the next invitation round is on the 27th April.

If you get the EOI in before 11:59pm on the 11th April (Canberra time) then you'll receive the invitation around 24 hours later. If you miss that cut off time, then the next invitation round is on the 27th April.

That's great news. Happy to wait for the following round as we have only just ordered our Police checks which will likely take a few weeks.

Thanks for the reply.

That's great news. Happy to wait for the following round as we have only just ordered our Police checks which will likely take a few weeks.

Thanks for the reply.

You don't need police checks to make an EOI.

As long as you have the skills assessment back and have done the English test (if applicable) then you can go ahead and submit it.

You don't need police checks to make an EOI.

As long as you have the skills assessment back and have done the English test (if applicable) then you can go ahead and submit it.

We're waiting on a qualification certificate being issued before submitting the EOI which will hopefully come early next week, but want to submit all documents - Police checks etc. together when the invitation comes through.

Does the processing time from application to grant vary depending on the ANZSCO code you are applying for? I gather this will be a busy time of year for getting applications in before 30 June.

We're waiting on a qualification certificate being issued before submitting the EOI which will hopefully come early next week, but want to submit all documents - Police checks etc. together when the invitation comes through.

Does the processing time from application to grant vary depending on the ANZSCO code you are applying for? I gather this will be a busy time of year for getting applications in before 30 June.

Ok I see, that's fair enough.

The processing is not affected by ANZSCO code. Once the application is in its first come first served. Points also do not influence the speed of the actual visa application.

Having a good point score is like using the business class line to check in for a flight....you don't have to wait in the queue....but once you're past that, everyone's in the same line for security!

Hello CaptionC.

Thank you very much for your response!

Job code : 2613**

EOI : 29 March 2016

What is your predictions on when the occupation ceiling will be reached? and will 2613 occupation continue to be in the SOL list next year?

Hi Captain

I am new to this forum. would be very grateful for your advise. (I know its a wrong thread but m very worried)

received nsw invitation on 19th march,2016. for general accountant and submitted application on 24th march.

I have n't heard anything from nsw till now. have seen many accountants getting approvals in 7-10 days or less.

Wat could be wrong with my application?

Thanks

Edited by AUS25

As some of you might know, maintaining this thread involves a lot of research and calculations of dates and invitations to make any predictions as accurate as possible.

It has become increasingly difficult to do this over the past couple of weeks due being overloaded with other commitments, so I will have to take a few weeks hiatus from the thread.

I will temporarily close the thread until I'm ready to restart where I left off. Until then it will not be possible to post here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Edited by CaptainC

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi CaptainC,

I would really appreciate if you can please let me know an approximate time frame when I can expect my invitation for EOI submitted on 12/08/2016 for Systems Analyst?

The recent 26th July 2017 round, all 75's were invited up until the 17/7. There is a huge back log of 70's starting from 24/3/2017. I am a bit worried if I have to rewrite PTE to up my points or wait for few more months until they finish inviting 70's and then invite 65's which is where I stand on 

• 3 months later...