Video tour of where i live

PommyPaul

So being a little bored on a saturday morning i whipped the phone camera out and did a quick lap round the farm, highlights being you get to listen to local radio on the journey, see my dodgy shack of a house lol and our dam that looks like something from mars due to all the red algae! bit long but its a big property and this is only half of it! :elvis:

So being a little bored on a saturday morning i whipped the phone camera out and did a quick lap round the farm, highlights being you get to listen to local radio on the journey, see my dodgy shack of a house lol and our dam that looks like something from mars due to all the red algae! bit long but its a big property and this is only half of it! :elvis:

Blimey! It is a big property ................ is it crops only or do you also look after cattle or sheep? All that blue sky!

Blimey! It is a big property ................ is it crops only or do you also look after cattle or sheep? All that blue sky!

it is huge! is all crops here, wheat, barley, chickpeas, sorghum and cotton, only just planted the sorghum a week or so ago and the cottons going in early October providing we get some rain! the blue sky is one thing but you should see the stars at night!!

it is huge! is all crops here, wheat, barley, chickpeas, sorghum and cotton, only just planted the sorghum a week or so ago and the cottons going in early October providing we get some rain! the blue sky is one thing but you should see the stars at night!!

How huge is huge?!

You are so lucky. Wish I lived and worked on a big rural property like that.

How huge is huge?!

You are so lucky. Wish I lived and worked on a big rural property like that.

Is 7500 hectres! i do feel quite lucky, trust me though haha i've worked on a lot of not so nice farms to gain experience! i'd never done any farming before i got to australia, came here as a welder/fitter but fell in love with farming, travelled all over the country gaining experience in different roles which lead me to this job... is a whole different ball game working for a corporate farm... in a good way so far!

is around 75 square kilometers

Oh. Just a teeny weeny place then!

I remember when I first arrived in Australia, being utterly amazed to learn there were cattle stations in the outback, that were almost the same size as England. I mean that is mind boggling!

I don't know how true this is (it was in the Daily Mail after all) but I read that Anna Creek is the largest cattle station in the world and occupies a 24,000 sq km of remote South Australia.

i do love it 69% of the time lol.... for me it's getting to drive the big machinery, being a company that's owned by a bank the budget is just crazy, apparently our spray rig is the only one of it's kind in the country, they paid $750000 for it! everytime a bit of kit clocks up 3000 hours they buy a brand spanker latest model, we've got four s690 headers here! crazy stuff from what i'm used to.... in the farming game i'm basically getting to drive supercars everyday and get paid for it!! i'd actually pay to drive some of this stuff lol

i do love it 69% of the time lol.... for me it's getting to drive the big machinery, being a company that's owned by a bank the budget is just crazy, apparently our spray rig is the only one of it's kind in the country, they paid $750000 for it! everytime a bit of kit clocks up 3000 hours they buy a brand spanker latest model, we've got four s690 headers here! crazy stuff from what i'm used to.... in the farming game i'm basically getting to drive supercars everyday and get paid for it!! i'd actually pay to drive some of this stuff lol

Boys and their toys :laugh:

Is 7500 hectres! i do feel quite lucky, trust me though haha i've worked on a lot of not so nice farms to gain experience! i'd never done any farming before i got to australia, came here as a welder/fitter but fell in love with farming, travelled all over the country gaining experience in different roles which lead me to this job... is a whole different ball game working for a corporate farm... in a good way so far!

Wow Paul i thought our vineyard was big it's about half of your property. Love the farming life though.

Boys and their toys :laugh:

Not just boys Freckle i drive some big farming equipment ( not as big as the stuff Paul drives) and i'm a woman. Like Paul our company changes the equipment after 3000 hours too.

Looks like a great place!Im guessing the house is like tied accomo that comes with the farm?Must be extremely peaceful there,always a bonus in my book!How far is the nearest town Paul?

you're right, house comes with the job, makes the wage feel a lot better paying no rent or bills haha... nice coming home to a cool house as I can just leave the air con on 24/7 :)

I'm about 2 kms from town as well which is awesome! our farm actually borders the airport which is walking distance from my house and flys to Sydney daily!

Oh wow Paul,so is Moree the closest town to you?Nice place?

Moree is actually not a bad town, it has a bad reputation but I've found it pretty friendly, other bonus is if I want to goto Brisbane it's only a five and half hour drive away, the other week I finished work at 5pm and was in my hotel room in Brisbane by 11pm :)

Archived