The Chill Zone! :)

Jacaranda

Hi all,

I've decided to start this thread for people who would like some "Time out"to relax and chill out.Please share your idea's,any You Tube vids,experiences of what helps you to unwind and relax.

Atm I am practising "Mindfulness".Have read a lot about it in the past,and am now doing a uni course on it!:cute:I also practice Yoga regularly,sometimes at a class and sometimes at home.

Please share,and we can all relax together!

Sounds very nice QSS!I truly love immersing myself in nature,and find it real easy to switch off,whether it be walking along a beach,or through a forest,tuning into the birdsong,listening to the waves crashing on the shore,the wind,noticing the cloud formations! I also love unwinding reading a book before I go to sleep.

Mindfulness is useful. I've tried it several times but not committed to it enough for it to be beneficial. I find wine very helpful....and time outdoors. i just like sitting in my garden reading or a walk trail, so much to see and smell and appreciate.

Sounds very nice HH! When you truly focus on nature and your surroundings,it really is an amazing world. This morning,I noticed some fantastic cobwebs in a corner of my back garden.Wow,the intricacy in those webs?

Sounds very nice HH! When you truly focus on nature and your surroundings,it really is an amazing world. This morning,I noticed some fantastic cobwebs in a corner of my back garden.Wow,the intricacy in those webs?

I like watching the birds, we get a lot in our garden. I put seed out for them. I also like seeing our trees/plants/bushes change over the seasons, garden is looking gorgeous right now. I do love nature.

For me at the moment it is just trying to keep my head above water !!!!, but it's getting a lot easier, my chill relax time for me at the moment that makes me happy is having the kids come home from school telling me about their day while I make them afternoon tea, there is a 30min difference between each of them getting home, so they get my full attention instead of them both trying to tell me everything at the same time, nothing big I know, but it makes me smile, I'll come back in a couple of months with better news lol x

For me at the moment it is just trying to keep my head above water !!!!, but it's getting a lot easier, my chill relax time for me at the moment that makes me happy is having the kids come home from school telling me about their day while I make them afternoon tea, there is a 30min difference between each of them getting home, so they get my full attention instead of them both trying to tell me everything at the same time, nothing big I know, but it makes me smile, I'll come back in a couple of months with better news lol x

Aw :hug: hope all is well , lovely. Wish my son came home full of what's happened at school. All I get is yup, when I ask if he had a good day :laugh:

I find observing the night sky really relaxing. Thankfully I have a lot of sky from my back garden with hardly any light pollution. Recliner fully reclined I can lay there for ages just watching out for things on the move. I'm no expert, I just lay down and look up and see what happens. This is key, the best form of relaxation is actually from doing something where all you have to do is just BE, and requires no involvement in anything else. When you complicate it with walking or going to the beach or whatever it loses its purity and becomes a pastime. For best results relaxation is about making the time to do nothing, not filling time by doing something.

Sounds very nice QSS!I truly love immersing myself in nature,and find it real easy to switch off,whether it be walking along a beach,or through a forest,tuning into the birdsong,listening to the waves crashing on the shore,the wind,noticing the cloud formations! I also love unwinding reading a book before I go to sleep.

More or less the same for me, but with my camera in tow and minus reading a book at bedtime. If I read before sleeping, my mind would be going ten to the dozen after I put the book down.

The bird tables that I built recently are beginning to attract quite a variety of birds as are the honeyeater feeders that I've got hanging from them so I just chill under the pergola watching them

Guest littlesarah

Depending on his mood, and the day, I find nothing takes my mind off everything else like playing trucks and cars or building blocks with Baby Little! I love how absorbed little kids are in whatever they're doing - and how excited they are just to be moving around and looking at everything. We somehow seem to lose that innocent wonder as we get older...

I'm drinking Camomile tea, it's lovely. I've ran this morning and walked 4 dogs, then did my own. I did an hour on my fit ball in front of my soaps and now I can't actually feel my legs and can't keep my eye lids open. Being physically knackered is nice I reckon. Sleeping a full 8 hours again now that I'm back on my detox. :cute:

Archived