EOI Invitation Round - 7th September 2015

CaptainC

Thank you, so does it mean for System analyst we need to have more than 65 points to be a sure shot? or this will get eventually picked up.?.

In the August round the lowest score of an invitation for System Analysts was 65. It's impossible to say whether 60 points will ever be picked up.

It is probable that they will eventually be invited, but far from guaranteed.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also had one question- ACS has considered my experience as less than 8 but greater than 5 years from 2007 -october onwards. Next month this will get to 8 years and thus my points will increase by another 5 points-Do I need to update it manually or -EOI will automatically make this update -This will move my points to another 5 points-making it 65. Please let me know.

Also had one question- ACS has considered my experience as less than 8 but greater than 5 years from 2007 -october onwards. Next month this will get to 8 years and thus my points will increase by another 5 points-Do I need to update it manually or -EOI will automatically make this update -This will move my points to another 5 points-making it 65. Please let me know.

I'm not sure on this. I think for some parts of the EOI it does a recalculation. The best way to tell would be to check your skillselect account when the work anniversary passes and see if your points have increased.

Otherwise you may need to go in and manually adjust the end date of your current employment.

Captain C: the column you mentioned is 3123 while i was talking about 3124. the situation is that, in start of july 2016. my occupation was in high priority is CSOL lit of SA but after Aug round, it comes to medium availability in CSOL list . this is why i get worried that may be it comes to low availability and i don't get invitation. this is why i want to know if there is some website or link that show how many of occupation is left for invitation.

Does anyone know when they will update the details on the link provided above so I can see the date of effect for this round? I'm not on a restricted occupation, my EOI was submitted on the 27th of July and I have 60 points but didn't get an invite. My agent has said they've had an unusual amount of people left waiting for an invite this month but she also said that it may be because there's more electrician's this month applying with more points or further up the queue than me. I was always under the impression that it's first come first served regardless of occupation unless you are under an occupation that is being taken pro rata.

Seems quite odd as the date of effect most months seems to be early in the previous month but for my theory to be correct then the date of effect would have to be prior to the 27th of July

Does anyone know when they will update the details on the link provided above so I can see the date of effect for this round? I'm not on a restricted occupation, my EOI was submitted on the 27th of July and I have 60 points but didn't get an invite. My agent has said they've had an unusual amount of people left waiting for an invite this month but she also said that it may be because there's more electrician's this month applying with more points or further up the queue than me. I was always under the impression that it's first come first served regardless of occupation unless you are under an occupation that is being taken pro rata.

Seems quite odd as the date of effect most months seems to be early in the previous month but for my theory to be correct then the date of effect would have to be prior to the 27th of July

You're right, it is only based on points (for 189 visas) and nothing to do with occupations, other than those that are pro rata.

I'm quite surprised that you haven't been invited. I was on 60 points also and it took three rounds (6 weeks) for an invite. That was when they did two per month. Your time isn't too far away from mine. But, that being said I've also noticed a huge increase in people posting about getting extra points to get through the EOI stage quicker. It may be that there wasn't very many 60 point places available to issue.

The data from this round will be released in one or two weeks, I can't remember exactly, and then we'll be able to see exactly what happened.

Just another quick question, do you think I stand a huge chance to get an invitation next round?

I am planning to get a vistor visa to come back to Australia for couple of months to wait for this invitation if there is still a chance..

I am working as a full-time employee now for more than a year as an accountant.. But if I were to take a visitor pass, I will have to put my employment on-hold or quit my job..

Can you ask your employer to sponsor you for PR via employer nominated route ?

Captain C: the column you mentioned is 3123 while i was talking about 3124. the situation is that, in start of july 2016. my occupation was in high priority is CSOL lit of SA but after Aug round, it comes to medium availability in CSOL list . this is why i get worried that may be it comes to low availability and i don't get invitation. this is why i want to know if there is some website or link that show how many of occupation is left for invitation.

Apologies, I thought you were 189. There's no data for 489 other than there were 80 invitations sent this month to all occupations.

Dear All, Can someone please help me !!

I filled my EOI on 4 September 2015 in the category Accountant (General) with 60 Points. I was positive that in few months I will also be able to get invite but after reading all the forums I am really scared and disappointed to know that ppl with points 60 have no chance :( I am not in hurry I dun mind waiting but can anyone suggest if I will be able to get one or not ?

Dear All, Can someone please help me !!

I filled my EOI on 4 September 2015 in the category Accountant (General) with 60 Points. I was positive that in few months I will also be able to get invite but after reading all the forums I am really scared and disappointed to know that ppl with points 60 have no chance :( I am not in hurry I dun mind waiting but can anyone suggest if I will be able to get one or not ?

On the basis of the current trend, I'm not confident that it will happen for you. There is an unprecedented amount of people applying under the accountant occupation. There is enough evidence of people who haven't got through even with 65 points and EOI's submitted a lot earlier than yours.

If the trend continues, it's likely that no 60 point applicants will be getting through. This will be worsened by the External Auditor occupation filling up rapidly and likely to be either closed or put on pro rata by next month, then those applicants will be all applying under 'accountant'.

I'd look into trying to increase your points if I were you. Retaking IELTS or PTE is a popular way of doing this.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the outlook is not looking good at the moment.

That data will not be available for 1-2 weeks.

Any idea if anyone invited for 261313 (Software Programmer) with 60 points who submitted their EOI on May? Because I submitted my EOI with 60 points on 12 May and didn't get invitation! it's been so long time, pretty much 4 months :(

Edited by Amir HK

Hi,

My application for Skilled - Nominated(Subclass 190)(Permanent) is been applied for almost 7 months now in NSW. Still did not get any reply. :sad:

I am Electronics Engineer and my work experience is on security system. I am currently working in Dubai.

Is there anybody here who have an update for Subclass 190?

Any idea if anyone invited for 261313 (Software Programmer) with 60 points who submitted their EOI on May? Because I submitted my EOI with 60 points on 12 May and didn't get invitation! it's been so long time, pretty much 4 months :(

Hi Amir HK, in answer to your question... I got an invite on Sunday 6th September, 4 months to the date that I made my EOI way back in May. So whilst the official stats won't be updated on the Border.gov.au website for a while with detail the exact cut-offs, you can get an idea that the cut off must have been after 7th May but before the 12th. Based on that you should stand a good chance of being invited in the next October round.

Hi Amir HK, in answer to your question... I got an invite on Sunday 6th September, 4 months to the date that I made my EOI way back in May. So whilst the official stats won't be updated on the Border.gov.au website for a while with detail the exact cut-offs, you can get an idea that the cut off must have been after 7th May but before the 12th. Based on that you should stand a good chance of being invited in the next October round.

Thank you. however your ANZSCO is 261311 , while mine is 261313 (Software Programmer). So these two are different. right?

Thank you. however your ANZSCO is 261311 , while mine is 261313 (Software Programmer). So these two are different. right?

You are right, our ANZSCO codes are different, but they both come under the main umbrella ANZSCO code of 2613 - Software and Application Programmers. This is a pro-rated occupation code from the point of view of Skillselect and invitations etc... So from an invitation point of view our difference in codes doesn't change anything as we both are bound by the pro-rata arrangements of the main 2613 code and it's specific cut-off dates each round - still to be publicised for the just gone September round, at; https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/Empl/skillselect.

You should be lucky next month in the October round, since you can only have missed out by a few days this time.

You are right, our ANZSCO codes are different, but they both come under the main umbrella ANZSCO code of 2613 - Software and Application Programmers. This is a pro-rated occupation code from the point of view of Skillselect and invitations etc... So from an invitation point of view our difference in codes doesn't change anything as we both are bound by the pro-rata arrangements of the main 2613 code and it's specific cut-off dates each round - still to be publicised for the just gone September round, at; https://www.border.gov.au/Busi/Empl/skillselect.

You should be lucky next month in the October round, since you can only have missed out by a few days this time.

Ohhh! I did a mistake, I submitted EOI on 12/06/2015 which mean on June, not May :( I kinda got confused with dates, However I see that there has been more than one month improvement from 2nd of April (August round) to 7th of May (September round). Still we don't know the last date of effect which has been invited. Any chance for October round for me with this situation?

Ohhh! I did a mistake, I submitted EOI on 12/06/2015 which mean on June, not May :( I kinda got confused with dates, However I see that there has been more than one month improvement from 2nd of April (August round) to 7th of May (September round). Still we don't know the last date of effect which has been invited. Any chance for October round for me with this situation?

It is possible that you'd receive an invite next month unless there is a sudden influx of applicants with higher points in your occupation between now and then.

There really isn't enough data to make a good prediction. The July round was flooded with additional applicants due to the sudden reduction in invitations sent out towards the end of the financial year, so the only settled usable data is from the August round and as there is nothing concrete for the September round it will be difficult to say.

RMT1980 is the best indication as his EOI was submitted 7th May, so we can determine that the cut off for 60 points for 2613 was definitely on or after this date, it looks very close for you, so without seeing the data for September, it's a bit too close to call.

There are 447 places for your occupation monthly, so you do stand a distinctly better chance than an accountant who only has 210 places per month.

Edited by CaptainC
Typo

Hey Captain C, you were right... with my 70 points, I was selected on 7th Sep! :-) Fab news after I only submitted my EOI in August...hope the rest of the process goes as smoothly for us now. Now, this is where I need further advice & guidance from all u guys.

1) My Skills Select account now has a tab which I think is called 'submit visa' (or something like that), is that what I need to hit to submit the documentation they require?

2) Do I apply for my police check & health assessment now or do I wait for a CO to be allocated to my application....this bit is confusing! I know I only have 60 days to give them everything they require and would like to get it done.

Any help would be really appreciated!! :-)

Good luck to everyone in this next stage & to everyone still waiting...fingers crossed, October will be the month for u guys.

CaptainC, Not even in another 6 - 9 Months :( ?

I don't mind giving Ielts but getting 8 or more is tough for me in writing ....do you think PTE is better scorer ? If my score increase, Do I need to again go through with the same process of CPA Australia? or just update the new score in EOI.

Another thing: I got the skill assessment done from CPA Australia : based on the application they counted my current employment till july 2015, I am still in the same job, I know few months will not make a difference, but how about next year, again I need to get my skill assessment done ??

Thank you so much for your help !! Really appreciate it :)