Ships Master / Ships Officer / Marine Pilot - OCCUPATION REMOVED July 2017

CaptainR

On 4/18/2017 at 11:33 PM, Lali said:

Hi guys,

I recently received an invitation to apply for 189 visa . Can someone who has already  been granted the visa , advise about uploading documents on immi account . It is asking for certified copy of all documents , I Came across few threads on internet , where people have mentioned that only coloured scan copy is sufficient .

can someone pls clarify . 

cheers

capt . Lali 

hello sir,

I cleared my oral exam and awaiting assessment letter. I too have the same doubt about the work experience. how the Immigration department will count the work experience. I have sailed for 6 months as junior and 7 months as 4th engineer. But i have been with company since Sept 2013. so will it be counted as 13 months or 3+ years. If you got the answer for your query then please  clarify my doubt. 

thanks

Sandy dhull

Hello Everyone,

I am Divyang, intending to apply for PR subclass 189. I am in the nascent stage of the process and wish to clear some querries before i start with the process. 

1 How is the seatime calculated ? i started sailing back in sep 2012 and signed off last ship in feb 2016. However my seatime is 23 months. I sailed only tankers and for a single cyprus based company. What would be my seatime calculation?

2. I am currently pursuing masters in logistics in Melbourne RMIT University on a student subclass 500 visa. 

3. Also I heard the medium and long term list will be reviewed in July based on the letter from union ? I must wait till july or start preparations ? Any estimates about the list?

4. I am also booked to go back India and get my License renewed as it expired in december 2016. I need to get my certificates as per new convention 2010 of stcw as all are of 95' . Anyone who could suggest me which all certificates i need to refresh and any insititutes in Mumbai where i might get seats for all refreshers in June 2017? Attached is letter from AMOU

TIA & Regards

Message from Tim Higgs 190417.pdf

Hey Guys,

Just sent  my questions to CaptainC. 

I got my letter from AMSA. I contacted them several times, until they explained that:

1) They take a judgement on the level of education you have: I got advanced diploma (in the letter)

2) They judge how much years you have. The letter stated they judge me for 7 years. Nobody from AMSA actually explained how is this time calculated, despite countless emails by me and my immigration agent. My guess is they have no idea, and are just guessing for each separate case. I got more than I expected, so I think even if you are on separate contracts ( and not on a permanent) you will get the converted time (and not only the years of sea time). 

Please, anybody claiming points for work experience - have you been requested by DIBP, to provide supporting documents for the claimed sea time, or the letter from AMSA is sufficient?

If requested, please write which documents specifically.

• Like 1

Hello Capt. R

Could you/ anyone here as experiences as captains in this regard please advise even a contact or web link for getting a Cyprus PCC?

I sent emails to the embassy in australia and police department in cyprus as well, only to find no replies from either. Any information could be helpful. i am new to this forum so please allow me to intro. myself. I am Divy, sailed on tankers as a third mate and now studying logistics Masters in melbourne. I wish to apply 189 subclass for which I am preparing and collecting information. Any information here proves useful and I appreciate the time and effort devoted by all members here

Thank you

On 20/04/2017 at 4:41 AM, Dhawalnpatel said:

One more thing, is the 2 days refresher course - continued competence, offered by challenger acceptable by MCA when renewing the CoC

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Yes, AMSA revalidation courses are acceptable for the renewal and maintenance of MCA Certificate of Competencies. 

With regards seatime, for AMSA Certificate of Recognition the seatime is calculated as the time onboard however for the the skills assessment letter that AMSA issue they provide a total overall time in employment in the occupation, inclusive of leave (consider this equivalent to having the weekends and statutory holiday a shoreside worker would have as of course that would be included as employment time). Any exceptionally large gaps between seagoing trips would of course be excluded. It must be remembered that even if you receive your complete salary onboard when you pay off a ship, you have still technically been paid for a period legally entitled leave and your leave forms part of your overall employment. 

When you apply to DIBP you will also need supporting letters for your employment and they will judge that on the basis of what is written on the employment letters in addition to the AMSA letter, so it would be best to include a letter that encompasses your entire time in employment and then a breakdown of seatime (as fully explained in my posts at the start of the thread and examples in the drop box). 

There is no magic or hidden art to this, it is just common sense. 

• Like 2

Hello everyone,

It would be great if someone could put light on how to get CYPRUS PCC? I sent emails to the authority in cyprus as well as cyprus embassy in canberra ACT as well but all to be in vain. Any lead information could be of immense value.

Thank you

• Like 1

The new immigration lists for 2017-2018 have been released by DIBP. Ship's Engineer 231212, Ship's Master 231213  & Ship's Officer 231214 are on the new MLTSSL list but are not in the STSOL. This is reflective of the state of the industry and the oversupply of seafarers versus available jobs in Australia at present, largely due to the downturn in oil & gas, but also in part due to the reducing numbers of AMSA registered coastal vessels. 

What this means in real terms is that for 2017-2018 the occupations remain valid for 189, 489 and 485 visas, but no longer for any other visas such as employer sponsored or short term visas like the 457. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, CaptainR said:

The new immigration lists for 2017-2018 have been released by DIBP. Ship's Engineer 231212, Ship's Master 231213  & Ship's Officer 231214 are on the new MLTSSL list but are not in the STSOL. This is reflective of the state of the industry and the oversupply of seafarers versus available jobs in Australia at present, largely due to the downturn in oil & gas, but also in part due to the reducing numbers of AMSA registered coastal vessels. 

What this means in real terms is that for 2017-2018 the occupations remain valid for 189, 489 and 485 visas, but no longer for any other visas such as employer sponsored or short term visas like the 457. 

Dear CaptainR,

Is there any possibility of removal of Seafarers occupations from MLTSSL list after 1st July 2017 review or they will remain in the list till 1st July 2018? Appreciate your comments....

Hello everyone,

It would be great if someone could put light on how to get CYPRUS PCC? I sent emails to the authority in cyprus as well as cyprus embassy in canberra ACT as well but all to be in vain. Any lead information could be of immense value. Furthermore, anyone who could suggest procedure of getting any PCC when the concerned authority is not replying and the embassy in AUS is not replying. It would be helpful for me to relate

Thank you

1 hour ago, mariner2017 said:

Dear CaptainR,

Is there any possibility of removal of Seafarers occupations from MLTSSL list after 1st July 2017 review or they will remain in the list till 1st July 2018? Appreciate your comments....

In reference to the message in the morning, I guess the list is already out. Every year it is announced this time approx and comes into effect 1st July. So i guess this time as well it would be the same. 

5 minutes ago, Divy said:

Hello everyone,

It would be great if someone could put light on how to get CYPRUS PCC? I sent emails to the authority in cyprus as well as cyprus embassy in canberra ACT as well but all to be in vain. Any lead information could be of immense value. Furthermore, anyone who could suggest procedure of getting any PCC when the concerned authority is not replying and the embassy in AUS is not replying. It would be helpful for me to relate

Thank you

Source: https://www.border.gov.au/about/contact/offices-locations/cyprus

CYPRUS (TURKISH OCCUPIED AREAS)
Additional information

Relevant document: Police Clearance’ (Form P.19).
Residents: Apply in person at your local police station.
Non-residents: Apply in person at an overseas representative office of the ’Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus‘, or at a Republic of Turkey overseas mission.
Provide (citizens and non-citizens): application form with full name, full names of parents, date and place of birth, passport number and place of issue, ID card number, current and permanent addresses, occupation, army number, two recent passport size photos attested by a certifying officer (muktar), and reason for the request.
You will need a letter from the Department requesting that a police certificate be issued by the ‘Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus’ police authorities.
The application form is available from the local police office or from a Republic of Turkey overseas mission.
Fee: payable.

Cyprus, Republic Of
Website
Additional information

Relevant document: ‘Police Clearance’.
Non-residents: Apply by post to Police Headquarters in Nicosia, Cyprus or at a Republic of Cyprus overseas mission.
Citizens to provide:

• application form (available on the website below)
  • passport number and place of issue
  • Republic of Cyprus ID card number
  • current and permanent address, reason for request
  • two current passport size photos which have been certified by an authorised person.

Non-citizens to provide:

• the documents listed above for ‘Citizens’, and
  • a copy of your passport (and, if possible, the passport you held while living in Cyprus)
  • a copy of your permit of stay in Cyprus, passport number and place of issue as well as the
  • A.R.C number of the ‘Alien Book’’ or
  • the ‘Temporary Residence’ slip or
  • ‘M.P’ number stamped in the passport.

Note: all applicants will need a letter from the Department advising that a Police Clearance Certificate is required from the Republic of Cyprus Police authorities.
Fee: 17.09 Euros. However, you will need to confirm this with the Republic of Cyprus Police Authorities. The fee can be paid at a Cyprus Embassy, which issues receipt F18, or by sending a cheque (the payee is the Chief of Police), or bank wire (credit) transfer to:

• The Central Bank of Cyprus (the beneficiary is the Chief of Police)
  • SWIFT CODE CBCYCY2NFBU
  • Government General Account, account number CY 16001000010000000006001010

You will need to pay in Euros and include the receipt for the fee with your application form.

6 minutes ago, Cerberus1 said:

Source: https://www.border.gov.au/about/contact/offices-locations/cyprus

CYPRUS (TURKISH OCCUPIED AREAS)
Additional information

Relevant document: Police Clearance’ (Form P.19).
Non-residents: Apply in person at an overseas representative office of the ’Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus‘, or at a Republic of Turkey overseas mission.
Provide (citizens and non-citizens): application form with full name, full names of parents, date and place of birth, passport number and place of issue, ID card number, current and permanent addresses, occupation, army number, two recent passport size photos attested by a certifying officer (muktar), and reason for the request.
You will need a letter from the Department requesting that a police certificate be issued by the ‘Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus’ police authorities.
The application form is available from the local police office or from a Republic of Turkey overseas mission.
Fee: payable.

Cyprus, Republic Of
Website
Additional information

Relevant document: ‘Police Clearance’.
Non-residents: Apply by post to Police Headquarters in Nicosia, Cyprus or at a Republic of Cyprus overseas mission.
Citizens to provide:

• application form (available on the website below)
  • passport number and place of issue
  • Republic of Cyprus ID card number
  • current and permanent address, reason for request
  • two current passport size photos which have been certified by an authorised person.

Non-citizens to provide:

• the documents listed above for ‘Citizens’, and
  • a copy of your passport (and, if possible, the passport you held while living in Cyprus)
  • a copy of your permit of stay in Cyprus, passport number and place of issue as well as the
  • A.R.C number of the ‘Alien Book’’ or
  • the ‘Temporary Residence’ slip or
  • ‘M.P’ number stamped in the passport.

Note: all applicants will need a letter from the Department advising that a Police Clearance Certificate is required from the Republic of Cyprus Police authorities.
Fee: 17.09 Euros. However, you will need to confirm this with the Republic of Cyprus Police Authorities. The fee can be paid at a Cyprus Embassy, which issues receipt F18, or by sending a cheque (the payee is the Chief of Police), or bank wire (credit) transfer to:

• The Central Bank of Cyprus (the beneficiary is the Chief of Police)
  • SWIFT CODE CBCYCY2NFBU
  • Government General Account, account number CY 16001000010000000006001010

You will need to pay in Euros and include the receipt for the fee with your application form.

Hello Everyone,

I visited this webpage for Cyprus PCC before as well. As of now I do not have any letter from department requesting for the PCC as I have not started the process. As the validity of PCC is 1 year, I wanted to get it done so that in July i could have one thing less to be done. 

Now well, could anyone suggest where to contact as I am stuck in this due to no reply. I do have a flag state seaman book i.e Cypriot Seaman book. In the info its not mentioned and other documents are mentioned which i do not possess obv as i didnt stay there. In this case what could be the solution?

Hi

Before I post this last message for today people, could you please suggest me more such resources for information on AMSA orals, Ship's Officer occupation immigration to AUS ? Any watsapp groups, fb pages or forums will do perfect

Thanks

On my skill assessment letter from AMSA it say that I have at least 10 years experience in maritime industry since my initial COC. I obtained my 2nd mates in 2002. 

Although I have been sailing since then but  breaks between ships at more than one occasion have been for more than five months. 

Not sure if DIMP will consider my experience being equal to eight years in last ten years. 

Would appreciate comments from someone with Similar experience . 

Cheers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lali said:

On my skill assessment letter from AMSA it say that I have at least 10 years experience in maritime industry since my initial COC. I obtained my 2nd mates in 2002. 

Although I have been sailing since then but  breaks between ships at more than one occasion have been for more than five months. 

Not sure if DIMP will consider my experience being equal to eight years in last ten years. 

Would appreciate comments from someone with Similar experience . 

Cheers

Hi 

The DIBP would also consider the experience ratified by AMSA. The reason for this is because it is commensurate to the weekends and paid leaves present in land jobs. The exp. in that case is also overall (Never have we seen experience of a person excluding weekends as it is calculated all inclusive). The competency exams are compared to the certifications present in contemporary industries such as IT, Logistics etc. The DIBP considers the experience from first ship to last ship as our vacations are also a part of our specific type of employment. 

On 4/22/2017 at 5:42 PM, CaptainR said:

With regards seatime, for AMSA Certificate of Recognition the seatime is calculated as the time onboard however for the the skills assessment letter that AMSA issue they provide a total overall time in employment in the occupation, inclusive of leave (consider this equivalent to having the weekends and statutory holiday a shoreside worker would have as of course that would be included as employment time). Any exceptionally large gaps between seagoing trips would of course be excluded. It must be remembered that even if you receive your complete salary onboard when you pay off a ship, you have still technically been paid for a period legally entitled leave and your leave forms part of your overall employment. 

When you apply to DIBP you will also need supporting letters for your employment and they will judge that on the basis of what is written on the employment letters in addition to the AMSA letter, so it would be best to include a letter that encompasses your entire time in employment and then a breakdown of seatime (as fully explained in my posts at the start of the thread and examples in the drop box). 

There is no magic or hidden art to this, it is just common sense. 

Hello captain R and Captain C,

Thanks to all who has put valuable information on this forum, it helps a lot. Effort put by you guys is very helpful, keep up the good work.

I cleared my oral as engine watchkeeper on 19th April and attaching my questions file. I request Captain R and Captain C to start a new dropbox for engineers, that can help future aspirants. thanks.

regards

sandy dhull

AMSA ORAL QUESTIONS.pdf