What does Australia need?!

Shaz N Paul

Hey guys moving back to Oz later in the year, way more baggage allowance than we need, wondered whats currently hot in Australia and/or costs a small fortune that people can't easily get! May as well bring some stuff with us to either sell or help out people who can't get certain things! Be interested to see what you guys think is expensive or hard to get since the dollar drop in the last year. Cheers.

Guest The Pom Queen

TBH when we first moved here for the first few years I could have probably wrote you a huge list, now I'm struggling to think of anything apart from Bisto which we can get but costs around $6

Hey guys moving back to Oz later in the year, way more baggage allowance than we need, wondered whats currently hot in Australia and/or costs a small fortune that people can't easily get! May as well bring some stuff with us to either sell or help out people who can't get certain things! Be interested to see what you guys think is expensive or hard to get since the dollar drop in the last year. Cheers.

Doc martin boots?

B​oth good points, after living in Oz for five years I couldn't think of anything, last time we were there and the dollar was strong I could have done with any Apple products abroad, now they are probably cheaper in Oz. I didn't really miss any food things after a while, never understood why Aussies said they loved English chocolate so much, I couldn't taste the difference?! Maybe I will see how many doc martins I can get in my allowance :)

One of my neighbours who bowls regularly gets them from the club to clean his bowls and he gave me a few when I said I didn't have any left.

Where do they get them from? It's not a burning desire or anything,I do have my rag bags but they really are the best. My sister is coming over in February and she's bringing loads :jiggy:

Where do they get them from? It's not a burning desire or anything,I do have my rag bags but they really are the best. My sister is coming over in February and she's bringing loads :jiggy:

I'll have to ask him where they get them from. My last lot were from a bowls club in Sydney - again a neighbour gave me some. Those micro fibre duster thingies in K Mart are good dusters but not really big enough and are also fairly expensive.

In bru. .only seen it once in a small Scottish shop in cairns..mind you I've lost taste for it now

If you are near any Brazilian shops they have a national soft drink called guarana. There are different brands, but Antarctica is the one to get. Tastes very similar to irn bru.

Woolworths sell it in their UK section. Dr Pepper too.

Cal x

I tried UK Dr pepper late last year which is my favourite drink. Unfortunately it was nothing like what it tastes like in north America. I couldn't stomach more then a couple glasses. :-(

Archived