Conventions for immigration to oz

pizzaface7701

I don't think that you'll learn any more from a convention than you can learn here. Throw in some useful facts; age, occupation, experience, qualifications etc.

Think your probably right, went to one last year only informative people were immigration ppl themselves. Just wanted to go again make it all real ? should I post ur suggested info on this thread? Or better starting new one? I'm all new to this ?

How do I delete things I've posted?

Pizzaface - you can edit a post that you make, but I would not rely on that as a way to preserve any confidential data.

Keep it generic enough and I am sure people will be able to offer you sound advice, without you handing over anything too sensitive...

I have to agree, from what I have seen these conventions tend to be all beaches and barbies. Our mother was told she could leave her Hoover in the UK because there was no dust in Australia lol. Seriously though you really will learn more and get a more balanced view on here.

I have to agree, from what I have seen these conventions tend to be all beaches and barbies. Our mother was told she could leave her Hoover in the UK because there was no dust in Australia lol. Seriously though you really will learn more and get a more balanced view on here.

Lol ? no dust! [emoji1]

We went to an expo. It was fun in a way, getting ready, getting the train down, making a day of it with a nice lunch stop. It makes you feel like you are doing "something" towards the new life. But in all seriousness, did not learn a single thing and we were out of there in 45 minutes.

I recommend it as a day out if you are doing nothing else and don't have far to go and can tag on a nice lunch. But otherwise, wouldn't worry about it too much.

Hi all,

The time is right to start the process of a new life for our family in oz! Exciting/stressful stuff! Looking for a convention near me for this year (Glasgow) and can't find anything, slightly disappointed .

Sorry, I've got to ask. Was it really bad acne, or do you just really like pizza?

The trouble is with these conventions is they ae there to encourage migration, they tell people what they want to hear.

Well as the focus of these expos is migration to Australia/NZ/etc - and many of those attending are living in these countries - I guess that's perhaps not too surprising ... :wink:

This said, exhibitors ought to be ethical and honest in their discussions with those attending, and to be frank if there are challenges ahead, particularly in the visa application process.

Best regards.

Archived