Grass is Greener Syndrome?

MaisieK

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Busy setting up at the moment but have booked a day trip to Straddy on Friday with the car so we can have a fun day and a break for our daughter from all the 'boring' car, house viewings, bank, Centrelink etc etc.

Take the binoculars could well be some whales about. Enjoy your trip and glad all is going well for you so far:smile:

Busy setting up at the moment but have booked a day trip to Straddy on Friday with the car so we can have a fun day and a break for our daughter from all the 'boring' car, house viewings, bank, Centrelink etc etc.

I see you are in the Redlands, is that where you are planning on staying? we live in Thornlands, If you would like any info or meet up with Linda & I for a drink or meal or chat anytime then pm me and see what we can arrange.

Keith

If you fell in love with it on a WHV then chances are you will love living here permanently.

Most people who have problems here, seem to be people who have never ever set foot in the country before emigrating.

We all get lonely at times. But the good thing about having a child is having access to other mums. For example, Northern Beaches Mums Facebook page has over 8,000 members who are always getting together for coffee gossip groups. You are also bound to meet other mums at child care or at schools.

The best way to emigrate without the qualifications is to get married to an Australian. Or get married to an New Zealander, as they can come and go to Australia freely for work/living.

Disagree! But that's another discussion that would cause more arguments ?

If you fell in love with it on a WHV then chances are you will love living here permanently.

I agree, IF you're able to emigrate to the same state where you spent the majority of your WHV. Case in point: my niece came out on a WHV and spent most of her time in Sydney. She loved it and was desperate to come back to live.

A couple of years later she got the chance to do some work for her employer in Oz. She spent several months in both Perth and Brisbane, and was then offered the chance of a long-term assignment in Perth. She refused because she thought Perth was far too depressing!