Uber cars

Please don't use them. My daughter used one early hours this morning after a night out despite me telling previously not to. To say the experience was frightening is an understatement. The driver was a creep who drove her to a Me donalds drive thru some distnce from her home and bought her some food something she said no to (she just wanted to go home). God why didn't she just get out there? :arghh:The driver then drove to an empty carpark to eat the food. My daughter then said i'll just get out here no he wouldn't let her get out. She to scared by now to move or get out in case she angers him. He'd already told her she's beautiful and he wants to look after her don't be scared. Somehow she managed to convince this creep to drive her home he's still going on about looking after her, giving her money etc. Then as they pull over near her house he grabs her and tries to kiss her. She then slaps himand jumps out the car and runs. Yes she did some stupid things here perhaps but she's young 21 and was scared. Now she too frightened to go to the police because this creepy Indian bloke knows where she lives. God knows i'm sacrd for her too.

She really must tell the police and Uber. Please keep trying to convince her. She has had, I think, a very lucky escape.

I am with you though, I would never ever consider Uber. They are mainly uninsured and I think they have some unethical business practices too, like charging extortionate rates when there is a slight train disruption.

Yes i know i'm trying convince her to go to the police for that very reason. Yes she had a lucky escape i shudder to think what might have happened. She has already reproted hm to the Uber people but i'm not convincd they'll do anything as you say their bussiness practices are som what suspect.

I'm another Uber naysayer, taxi licences may be expensive but at least that money stays in Australia. Using Uber allows another US corporation to cream profit off and take it overseas where it won't benefit Australians - unlike fees and taxes paid to state governments..

Please don't use them. My daughter used one early hours this morning after a night out despite me telling previously not to. To say the experience was frightening is an understatement. The driver was a creep who drove her to a Me donalds drive thru some distnce from her home and bought her some food something she said no to (she just wanted to go home). God why didn't she just get out there? :arghh:The driver then drove to an empty carpark to eat the food. My daughter then said i'll just get out here no he wouldn't let her get out. She to scared by now to move or get out in case she angers him. He'd already told her she's beautiful and he wants to look after her don't be scared. Somehow she managed to convince this creep to drive her home he's still going on about looking after her, giving her money etc. Then as they pull over near her house he grabs her and tries to kiss her. She then slaps himand jumps out the car and runs. Yes she did some stupid things here perhaps but she's young 21 and was scared. Now she too frightened to go to the police because this creepy Indian bloke knows where she lives. God knows i'm sacrd for her too.

SHE MUST GO TO THE POLICE. IF SHE DOESN'T - THEN YOU SHOULD. He needs reporting and stopping before he does this and maybe more again...

Yes my daughter has all that information the journey etc. She just really scared particularly as although she has a flatmate he's never there much ( always at his boyfriends place) so she alone at home a lot. I will keep trying to convince her to go to police. I will go myself though as this man needs to be stopped.

Uninsured, unlicensed this operation needs to be shut down asap, this is why there are regulations in place it was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

I hope your daughter gets over the expierance asap. Definitely need to go to police maybe you could go and have a chat with police first.

Uninsured, unlicensed this operation needs to be shut down asap, this is why there are regulations in place it was only a matter of time before something like this happened.

I hope your daughter gets over the expierance asap. Definitely need to go to police maybe you could go and have a chat with police first.

Have you used Uber? It seems to me the nature of how Uber works makes it less likely to happen than a traditional taxi, whether they are licensed or not.

Have you used Uber? It seems to me the nature of how Uber works makes it less likely to happen than a traditional taxi, whether they are licensed or not.

No and I don't intend to ,under current laws it is operating as a illegal operation , would you use a unlicensed electrician , gas fitter , non registered doctor , lets just open any business and operate it how you want to stuff the regulations , let's not be insured or pay any taxes , what happens when worst case scenario happens

she really does need to goto the police mate, if she's scared to you should do it on her behalf... how bad would you feel if something terrible happened to someone else and it turned out to be this same person..... i really do feel for you!

She has seen sense and is going to the police thankfully. She's very shaken up and scared now. Bastard man has scared her half to death but yes she's had lucky escape i think.

No and I don't intend to ,under current laws it is operating as a illegal operation , would you use a unlicensed electrician , gas fitter , non registered doctor , lets just open any business and operate it how you want to stuff the regulations , let's not be insured or pay any taxes , what happens when worst case scenario happens

They should pay taxes I agree with you. But most taxi drivers aren't professional in the same way as those other occupations. They rarely know where they are going and a lot are shocking drivers. Do you honestly think they are better drivers than Joe public?

It seems he's been removed from the Uber system so perhaps the Uber people have done something. Although my daughter is yet to hear anything personally from them. She's only reported him via the website. Thank you all for letting me vent a little. I really only wanted to put a warning out as many overseas travellers use their services.

Only having this conversation this weekend, my daughter said she would never use them , a detective told us never to use them as you don't know who picks you up. I'm glad your daughter is OK, but this guy needs to be taken off the road ... Thank god she felt safe enough to tell you

Some of my family and friends have had problems with taxi drivers too. Once we were in glasgow and we had booked a taxi the night before but it's absolutely impossible to find your taxi on that street when the clubs get out. We got in one thinking it was ours. He waited till we were at the motorway and then told us it was £30 more expensive than what we had booked for. Threatened to throw us out at the motorway if we didn't pay it. We reported it to the company but they couldnt do much

They should pay taxes I agree with you. But most taxi drivers aren't professional in the same way as those other occupations. They rarely know where they are going and a lot are shocking drivers. Do you honestly think they are better drivers than Joe public?

Uber drivers are uninsured and unregulated, paying tax is least of my worries. So yes I would rather use a proper taxi driver, any day of the week.

Uber drivers are uninsured and unregulated, paying tax is least of my worries. So yes I would rather use a proper taxi driver, any day of the week.

They are regulated by Uber and the passengers. The insurance situation is obviously a big grey area but i'm not going to worry about it when I use them to go a few k's in the city at slow speeds. Guess it is up to the individual.

They are regulated by Uber and the passengers.

Whatever you think that is, it is not regulation.

The insurance situation is obviously a big grey area but i'm not going to worry about it when I use them to go a few k's in the city at slow speeds. Guess it is up to the individual.

It isn't a grey area. It is black and white, they are not insured. In Australia there are no companies writing policies for commercial use of private vehicles.

Archived