Which family members are allowed on 189 visa?

Indianinoz

I'm the main applicant for the 189 visa. Who all can accompany me? What about wife, children, sister, brother, father, mother, grandmother etc.? Also, if they cannot accompany me, will they benefit in some way if I've been granted 189 visa say 5 bonus points etc.?

Are you sure there is no one else you want to bring?

This was just a question for my knowledge. I don't know why that demanded a sarcastic comment! There are certain Aussies who pass racist comments especially to Asians. I must remind everyone that hardly 10% of the Australian population is native. All else have come from UK and other countries.

I like all answers except a few ones like you! It has been a pleasure for me to be a part of this forum. However, unnecessary sarcastic comments ones by you are something that the moderators should look out for to make my and other people's experience even better.

I like all answers except a few ones like you! It has been a pleasure for me to be a part of this forum. However, unnecessary sarcastic comments ones by you are something that the moderators should look out for to make my and other people's experience even better.
Theres a report button

I'm surprised you haven't already looked this up if you are applying for a 189. Wife/partner and dependent children ie yours on nobody else's! After a couple of years as a permanent resident you can support an application from family, but there are many visas to go through them all. Being a PR doesn't guarantee other family members will be eligible of course!

I'm surprised you haven't already looked this up if you are applying for a 189. Wife/partner and dependent children ie yours on nobody else's! After a couple of years as a permanent resident you can support an application from family, but there are many visas to go through them all. Being a PR doesn't guarantee other family members will be eligible of course!

Thanks! I called up my agent who said I can take my wife and children and no one else unless they qualify on their own visa. For parents, there is a parent's visa but the agent said it takes about 30 years to get approval on the same. I was stunned!!! Though my mom and dad don't plan to come with me, I just wanted to get the information. They're both good in English and I believe they should be able to score at least 65 in all modules.

Also, if my sister or brother in law wish to migrate, will get a benefit of points under any visa?

Your parents are both alive so they do not qualify. Your grandmother is not your dependant but your parents (if she is a dependant). Your sister and brother if under 18 are your parents responsibility or if over 18 their own.

The 30 year visa is effectively " no more visas are going to be processed" so the only realistic option is after you have settled you pay the 100k parent visa (both parents). But you can only do that if half their children are Australia citizens or PR.

immigration at the moment is only voi g to be possible for yourself, wife and children.

Well that was a confusing title for your post I think- you asked which family members could be included on a 189 - & then listed all

your family members- which seems to indicate you hoped you could get them all on . I can see how that might take people by surprise !

if as you say your parents have their own skill sets & are young enough, they can look at coming independently without the need for the expensive Parent Visa. As could your siblings. Different story for the grandparent but possible further down the line if your parents can sponsor.

No, they'd need to qualify for their own visas. If extended families were able to be included on visas, it would take away from Australia's plans towards building up the skill base in Australia (since there's no testing of the ability for extended family to contribute to the workforce). When people migrate to Australia, they should do so on the assumption they are leaving all family behind other than spouse/children.

Archived