Etihad

Guest51810

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nooo it's because last year I applied for my visa in september. I'm not able to go in September this year anymore so I'm sitting with a visa that I can't use. I can either let it expire in September and apply for a new one but I don't want to book a flight without the valid visa so ive asked if im able to cancel it right now. I read that you can so just waiting on the reply

Guest Dave53
Yes, I've flown with those airlines also Qantas, British Airways and many others. You know what - apart from some superficial differences they are all much of a muchness. They get you from A to B. It's not comfortable, you have to listen to screeching kids and the food's pretty ordinary - unless you fly business or first class. Mind you I'm one of those grumpy old women who can't stand airports and flying.

I couldnt agree more . As a reasonably frequent flyer between Aus and the UK ( about 20 times ) , and having flown most of the regular airlines that response is pretty spot on .... In my opinion , Singapore Airlines are the best of the bunch ... BTW , I'm a grumpy old man , but I can't stand airports either ..

Dave C

I have flown with Etihad lots of times and never had a problem, i was given a silver card after a couple of trips which got me into the business class lounges on stopovers ,in both countrys ,and once was upgraded to business class on the plane Big mistake as it is soo lovely and put me off flying economy , think that,s why they do that

Why are BA/Qantas quickest? It is down to how long your stop over isn't it? I recently flew with Emirates and only had a 1 hour 40 minute stop over which was not long.

Its down to the route as well as the stopover, the BA flight via Singapore is the shortest and fastest (great circle routing with minimum fuel stopover). Some of the other routes including the Middle East are only very slightly slower. My company is based in Europe so I often take the BA flight of I want to be home quick (good timings on a Friday night for home in Sydney Sunday morning).

I've flown most of the other airlines on the route including in Etihad and in economy they are much of a muchness, I find it hard to see any real discernible difference unless flying premium classes. I'd focus more on the schedule, your stopovers and places you might want to visit. If the flight is considerably cheaper with one airline but you are worried about the food, take something onboard with you. I get takeaways from Planefood at T5 if flying BA.

My views might be different to most as I fly so much that I probably gave up caring a long time ago (I'm Etihad Gold, Qantas Platinum and Silver with most others).

Like people are saying they are mostly much of a muchness. Unless the flight includes multiple stops and long layovers I'd just book whatever's cheapest. We flew with Etihad last year, they were good overall. Experience marred by long delays in Abu Dhabi and rubbish communication of that fact but otherwise fine. Food was nice enough.

One thing though, if you're planning a Singapore stopover why would you fly to Abu Dhabi first? Just time wasting, fly with Singapore if doing a Singapore stopover.

Like people are saying they are mostly much of a muchness. Unless the flight includes multiple stops and long layovers I'd just book whatever's cheapest. We flew with Etihad last year, they were good overall. Experience marred by long delays in Abu Dhabi and rubbish communication of that fact but otherwise fine. Food was nice enough.

One thing though, if you're planning a Singapore stopover why would you fly to Abu Dhabi first? Just time wasting, fly with Singapore if doing a Singapore stopover.

Because etihad are £350 and singapore are £508 to singapore lol

Oh. Ok:dull:...............................................................................................................

:biglaugh:

Remember I'm a backpacker lol that would pay for a lot of goon! Nah if I was going to go with Singapore Id just go straight there with them for £620 and skip the stopover

As a Scot I should love a free bar but all i keep thinking is better not drink too much or I'll be sick or hungover mixed with jetlag lol. Might just have a vodka/wine to help me sleep. Unless I sit beside someone cool and then we might have a little party lol :laugh: only joking!

Edited by Guest51810

Thanks sam. I guess everybody's right - economy is all the same. I'll just have to sit and daydream that im in the business class bit lol

Lol business class is expensive whoever you fly with . But as far as economy goes you will have a pleasant flight with ethiad. Have a good trip ☝

Thanks sam. I guess everybody's right - economy is all the same. I'll just have to sit and daydream that im in the business class bit lol

Part of me wants to blow my money on business class... but we all know that wouldn;t be clever :eek:. So i'll be daydreaming too! haha

Better use of your money if you aren't short of time is to split your journey, book a couple of nights stop over, enjoy somewhere new, then continue your journey. Might not cost any more or as much as the business class fare.

I hear what posters are saying about Etihad ect. As an ex stewardess I am very critical of in flight service, the problem with the Middle East airlines is the multi mix of nationalities, which doesn't always make for good cohesion. This is why on balance Singapore crews seem to work better together.

Any airline that gets you there safely is the best, and the cabin service is as good as the person in charge, and economy is economy irrespective of airline.

I'm not short of time - if I'm splitting it up then I'm leaving Scotland on the Sunday and I won't be flying to sydney till the friday so that gives me a little while. I was going to leave scotland on the Monday instead but a few people have said I'll probably be useless for the first 2 days so that would give me less time to explore. I'll just make that decision when I'm booking. Other than a bit of spending money it's not costing me anymore than the normal flight with etihad and for a stopover with singapore it was a lot more expensive.

As long as I've got something to watch and eat/drink I should be happy enough. Well as happy as I can be during a flight that long lol

I couldnt agree more . As a reasonably frequent flyer between Aus and the UK ( about 20 times ) , and having flown most of the regular airlines that response is pretty spot on .... In my opinion , Singapore Airlines are the best of the bunch ... BTW , I'm a grumpy old man , but I can't stand airports either ..

Dave C

I must be one of the very few, even being a grumpy old git, I actually enjoy everything about airports and the flight, and being a working man can not for the life of me see the value for money of business class, to me the difference in cost is another holiday.