July 2015 - EOI Invitation round

Pommie

Hi everyone,

I'm new in this forum but I've been reading the posts for a while. My EOI was lodged on 2nd July under 189 visa category with 65 points for 261313. I understand the criteria of invitations I'm a little confused about the back logs. Am I ahead of someone who has applied for the same category with 60 points earlier than 2nd July (let's say April) or do I have to wait for my turn until everyone who has applied before 2nd July gets their invitations? Does anyone have any idea about this?

Thanks a lot!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

I'm new in this forum but I've been reading the posts for a while. My EOI was lodged on 2nd July under 189 visa category with 65 points for 261313. I understand the criteria of invitations I'm a little confused about the back logs. Am I ahead of someone who has applied for the same category with 60 points earlier than 2nd July (let's say April) or do I have to wait for my turn until everyone who has applied before 2nd July gets their invitations? Does anyone have any idea about this?

Thanks a lot!

As far as I know, applicants with higher points get preference. If the points are equal, then the older one gets preference.

I filed my EOI(revised) on 4th July with 70 points and was invited on 6th July. I have heard of people with 60 and 65 points in the same category who had filed in June.

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot!

As far as I know, applicants with higher points get preference. If the points are equal, then the older one gets preference.

I filed my EOI(revised) on 4th July with 70 points and was invited on 6th July. I have heard of people with 60 and 65 points in the same category who had filed in June.

Indianinoz is absolutely right, unless the occupation is under a pro rata arrangement .

Even in the pro rata arrangement the same process is followed, ror am I wrong?

Yes, that's right. But, those places are limited, so if an applicant in a pro rata category has, for example 70 points he will be invited along with all other people with same points.

If the limit is reached for the pro rata category for that month then no more invitations are issued for that occupation in that month. So even if another person has 65 then they won't receive an invite, but a person with 60 points and not in an occupation that is pro rata will receive an invite.

Hi Pommie

what do you think? is 70 marks a good one for WA under 190 visa category?

thanks!!

Abey

Hi... Yes I think you will get an invite with 70 points on a 190. You would also get an invite on a 189 (assuming your occupation is on the SOL).

but with a 190 Invite you MUST have a offer of employment from a WA company that is for a minimum of 12 months (for Schedule 2 occupations).

hope that makes sense

thanks for all the useful information in the Blog.

:ssign6:

I am hoping that all the people waiting for Invites would get it in the next round(Aug-15). Fingers crossed !!

:mad::confused:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(ANSCO 2613 Software engineer); IELTS (29/01/2015 Overall 6.5); ACS Skills Assessment submitted 10th Dec 2014 - Positive Skills assessment Received 9th

Jan 2015 ; EOI submitted 18th May 2015 (60 points); and 190 for NSW 65 Points. Currently in Sydney on 457 Visa.

Hi :) Firstly, congratz to everyone who got their invitations 6th July :)

Our lawyer submitted our EOI for 189, systems analyst early June. 65 points. I really thought we could get an invite this round, but didn't obviously :( after the changes to invitation rounds in the new FY, not sure how long it will take, last year was pretty quick, and I was very happy with my 65 points, but this year, I'm not sure :(

The fact that skillselect's website isn't up to dated also makes me more stressed because I feel like I can't see what's happening, which is why I did a broad search and saw this topic and calmed me a bit.

Anyhow fingers crossed for everyone, all the best.

Looks like you'll be fine with 65 points as a Systems Analyst Nina. It's a little hard to tell how much of a backlog there is for analysts especially because, as you say, the official site is not updated quickly, but it looks like 65 points EOI submitted in June will get an invite in the next one or two rounds.

In the July invite round for analysts, there were no 60 point invites, and the earliest 65 point invites were for EOIs submitted sometime between the end of March and May 6th (based on posts I see in a couple of forums plus my own experience).

The uncertainty is hard I know! Wishing you luck and peace of mind.

Looks like you'll be fine with 65 points as a Systems Analyst Nina. It's a little hard to tell how much of a backlog there is for analysts especially because, as you say, the official site is not updated quickly, but it looks like 65 points EOI submitted in June will get an invite in the next one or two rounds.

In the July invite round for analysts, there were no 60 point invites, and the earliest 65 point invites were for EOIs submitted sometime between the end of March and May 6th (based on posts I see in a couple of forums plus my own experience).

The uncertainty is hard I know! Wishing you luck and peace of mind.

Thanks so much for the explanation and share of knowledge, and your kindness.

Sure will wait. I'm much more relieved now though :)

I will post here if/when I receive my invitation, to have others' info updated. (hopefully next round! hahahahaha...)

Cheers guys.

Hi does anyone have any ideas as to how likely it will be for me to get an invitation in august?. .. eoi submitted 26th june with 60 points as an occupational therapist (non pro rata) thanks all and good luck! ?

Hi does anyone have any ideas as to how likely it will be for me to get an invitation in august?. .. eoi submitted 26th june with 60 points as an occupational therapist (non pro rata) thanks all and good luck! [emoji4]

I would say you've got a reasonable chance, but it is borderline. 60 points used to take 3 invitation rounds when it was the old system of two rounds per month.

I would say you've got a reasonable chance, but it is borderline. 60 points used to take 3 invitation rounds when it was the old system of two rounds per month.

I read on here an electrician put eoi in on 11th june and got invited 6th july is that correct?

I read on here an electrician put eoi in on 11th june and got invited 6th july is that correct?

If that's what it says then yes. If that person had more than 60 points anyway then it's practically guaranteed that they would have been invited. More points = quicker invitation.

If that's what it says then yes. If that person had more than 60 points anyway then it's practically guaranteed that they would have been invited. More points = quicker invitation.

Yes i think it was @Alanlisa 60 points 11th june got invited july 6th as electrician

Good stuff, my EOI is waiting to be put in by my agent but future skills has had an issue with one of its assessors in Australia and it should have been back today but isn't. I already know I've passed at the guy told me on the day but obviously it has to go off and be marked again is oz. The agent won't submit until the certificate is back so hopefully it will be in next week.

Hi everybody... I found this forum while I was looking for the next invitation round... I sent my eoi on 15th June '15 for 189 as a Process engineer (anzsco 233513) with 60 points. Do you think I could get an invite in the round of August?

Hi everybody... I found this forum while I was looking for the next invitation round... I sent my eoi on 15th June '15 for 189 as a Process engineer (anzsco 233513) with 60 points. Do you think I could get an invite in the round of August?

It's certainly possible and there is a good chance. However, be prepared to await the September round due to only having 60 points.

It's certainly possible and there is a good chance. However, be prepared to await the September round due to only having 60 points.

Thks CaptainC, I heard it is possible to see the list of occupations and the points with which people were invited in the previous round. do you know where can I find that?