July 2015 - EOI Invitation round

Pommie

Thanks CaptainC, I've spoken to CPA who have kindly allowed me to resubmit data so I'm going to take your advice and head into London to have the statutory declarations I've put together authorised. Providing this all goes well that should put me on 70 points.

I'll probably see you there, I've got to do one myself!

Remember to have them ready but unsigned, the consular officer is there to witness your signature only.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably see you there, I've got to do one myself!

Remember to have them ready but unsigned, the consular officer is there to witness your signature only.

Well I'll be sure to let you know how it goes and I've left it unsigned as I read that somewhere or other.

I've been wondering recently what with the pro rata arrangement for accountants what level of points are actually needed for an invite, I guess that's something only the Immigration Service would know?

Hi to all of you who have submitted an EOI in April/May/June and are eagerly waiting for the July 6th invitation round.

I thought I would start a thread for people to share there stories, hopes and outcomes....!!

I lodged my EOI on May 28th (Accountant with 60 points).... So eagerly awaiting news that the SOL has not changed in the new year !!!

I've lived in Oz for 5 years, so I know first hand how good the lifestyle is.... back in the UK now and want the flexibility to head back in a year or two (for good this time).

I think an invite in July is a bit of a long shot, given there will be a backlog of Accountants, Software programmers and similar occupations that have reached the occupational ceiling a couple of months back....!!! If all fails, there is always the August round...

Anyone else out there eagerly waiting - would love to hear.....

I submitted by EOI on 17 June 2015 with 65points under sub class 189 - Accountant (General) category - unfortunately missed out on 6 July 2015 invitations - hopefully, next round in August would show some light :-)

I have applied for 190 with 65 points on 28 June in NSW, under accounting. I am still waiting for the reply, can someone pleases tell me what is the waiting period.

Thanks

Hi Vaibhav - thats the $60 million dollar question everyone wants to know. The truth is no one really knows.... with 65 you should get an invite....

Have you thoughts about submitting a 189 visa as well, so you increase your chances ??

Just had a quick read up and saw that @Alanlisa has submitted as a sparky on 60 points and got an invite fairly quickly. I also noticed someone else has applied as an accountant andsubmitted the EOI earlier but still hasn't been invited. So I know it's first come first served but do they quota monthly on the amount of each trade they allow in also?

If if this is the case this would explain why electricians get invited fairly quickly as it has the 2nd highest ceiling

Edited by Skyba

Just had a quick read up and saw that @Alanlisa has submitted as a sparky on 60 points and got an invite fairly quickly. I also noticed someone else has applied as an accountant andsubmitted the EOI earlier but still hasn't been invited. So I know it's first come first served but do they quota monthly on the amount of each trade they allow in also?

If if this is the case this would explain why electricians get invited fairly quickly as it has the 2nd highest ceiling

Skyba - Accountants are over subscribed.... so there is a longer waiting list / backlog for these....

Skyba - Accountants are over subscribed.... so there is a longer waiting list / backlog for these....

Ah ok, so by the looks of it then I may get invited fairly quickly as an electrician on 60 points then. I'll probably get my result back from my assessment in 2 weeks although the assessor has said I have nothing to worry about so the EOI could be prepared for next months round quite easily.

Ah ok, so by the looks of it then I may get invited fairly quickly as an electrician on 60 points then. I'll probably get my result back from my assessment in 2 weeks although the assessor has said I have nothing to worry about so the EOI could be prepared for next months round quite easily.

Hi Skyba - are you aware you will not be able to work as a qualified electrician in Australia when you arrive. You have additional training and need to work as an apprentice for a year, etc... Its a hard life for British electricians for the first year..... just be aware....

Hi Vaibhav - thats the $60 million dollar question everyone wants to know. The truth is no one really knows.... with 65 you should get an invite....

Have you thoughts about submitting a 189 visa as well, so you increase your chances ??

Thanks for your reply Pommie,

On 1st June I applied EOI for 189 with 60 points and at that time I had ticked 190 as well and its under Taxation Accountant (221113). On 26th June I received an email mentioning I am nominated and can apply for 190 by paying for the nomination, Applied and paid $330 for 190 on 29th with 60 + 5 points from state and still waiting for reply.

Do you think I can get an invite in the next round for 189.

Thanks for your reply Pommie,

On 1st June I applied EOI for 189 with 60 points and at that time I had ticked 190 as well and its under Taxation Accountant (221113). On 26th June I received an email mentioning I am nominated and can apply for 190 by paying for the nomination, Applied and paid $330 for 190 on 29th with 60 + 5 points from state and still waiting for reply.

Do you think I can get an invite in the next round for 189.

Wow, that was a quick reply from the 190... which state nominated you ??

I think its a long shot on the August round if I am honest. There is 210 invites in the August round. In addition to 70+ pointers from 6 July, there is still a backlog of 65 points for June and July and for 60 points from around the 23rd March....

Honestly, go for the 190 route if you have the invite...

Wow, that was a quick reply from the 190... which state nominated you ??

I think its a long shot on the August round if I am honest. There is 210 invites in the August round. In addition to 70+ pointers from 6 July, there is still a backlog of 65 points for June and July and for 60 points from around the 23rd March....

Honestly, go for the 190 route if you have the invite...

Hi Pommie, I applied from NSW.

Also If I can ask you, now that I have applied for 190, will it make a difference if I leave Australia and carry out all the procedure from outside and come back once it is approved? Or do I have to stay in the country?

Hi Pommie, I applied from NSW.

Also If I can ask you, now that I have applied for 190, will it make a difference if I leave Australia and carry out all the procedure from outside and come back once it is approved? Or do I have to stay in the country?

I am not sure... I would imagine you can apply from anywhere, but i would look on the web site and double check.... the key is, I would get on with applying rather than wait on a 189 invite as I think its a long shot for the August round. Good luck

Hi Skyba - are you aware you will not be able to work as a qualified electrician in Australia when you arrive. You have additional training and need to work as an apprentice for a year, etc... Its a hard life for British electricians for the first year..... just be aware....

yeah I've been preparing for this for about 6 years now, one of the reasons I retrained as a spark was to go to Australia. It isn't a mandatory year though it's the same is the NVQ, you have to fulfil certain parts of the portfolio including renewable energies. They say on average a year, could be more could be much much less. They say around a year to 2 years on an NVQ but I completed mine with hard work within 2 months. You've just got to be prepared to lock yourself away and do lots of writing lol.

A lot of companies will pay you more than an apprentice though, I suppose it depends on who you get a job with, a nice employer may pay the whack of you're very lucky. I have spoken to some agencies and I would earn similar money being a trade assistant in Australia than I do here as an approved spark. Lol

I am not sure... I would imagine you can apply from anywhere, but i would look on the web site and double check.... the key is, I would get on with applying rather than wait on a 189 invite as I think its a long shot for the August round. Good luck
Thanks Pommie.

Hi

I lodged my EOI on the 10th July under 190 visa category for WA under 22311 (HR Advisor). does anyone know when to expect an invitation?

Hi Abey - I am not sure. The 190 doesn't go in monthly rounds like the 189. It still depends on points etc and the more points you have, the greater the chance of being accepted. Also, just a watch out, if your occupation is a 'Schedule 2' for WA, you will need to provide evidence of an offer of employment for at least 12 months...

good luck....