July 2015 - EOI Invitation round

Pommie

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know when's the next round's accurate date? :)

There are a few people who called DIBP. They confirmed 3rd August.... said they are having problems with the site, hence it has not been updated for the 6th July round...

Edited by CaptainC

Hi Riya,

i score 0 marks for my IELTS. L-7.5, R-7.0, W-6.5, S-8.0. But thank god i got 8 yrs working experience.

I feel that i have the responsibility to update here as I've been following up this blog for quite sometimes and i understand how does those people feel while waiting for the invitation.

I also got invited on the 2nd of August - wasn't expecting that so quickly being an accountant on 65 points. Rather typically just 2 days later CPA got back signing off on all my prior work experience so my points would have gone up to 70, either way I'm delighted and will be getting onto submitting the application/arranging health and police checks next week. Congrats to everyone else who got an invite and fingers crossed for everyone else for the next round!

I also got invited on the 2nd of August - wasn't expecting that so quickly being an accountant on 65 points. Rather typically just 2 days later CPA got back signing off on all my prior work experience so my points would have gone up to 70, either way I'm delighted and will be getting onto submitting the application/arranging health and police checks next week. Congrats to everyone else who got an invite and fingers crossed for everyone else for the next round!

Glad to hear it mate.

Have a question for someone knowledgeable about the Work Experience part of the application form, where they ask for your last 10 years of work experience...

When I filled out my Expression of Interest I only included my current role as I thought that experience in the Nominated Profession was all they cared about.

I am now in the process of filling out the visa application proper and it's occurred to me that they might want to see evidence of employment (outside of my nominated profession) from the past 10 years, to ensure that I'm not going to arrive and go straight on the dole.

Does anyone know if they really care about other jobs? I'm reluctant to mention other stuff as I haven't put it on my EOI (and also, it's going to be a pain to get references for some of it).

All thoughts and advice appreciated...

I was worried that you'd used the one in your EOI that was dated after your submission date. Some people have had visas refused because the skills assessment hadn't been issued when the EOI was submitted.

No I didn't get chance to change it and wouldn't risk doing anything like that heard of some bad outcomes with that sort of thing. Did you get your stuff certified?

That's good. Too many people do make that mistake and get a visa refusal!

As luck would have it, my ship was at a repair berth on the Thames when I got asked for the stat dec, so I just jumped on the train and went to the high commission, I was in and out in minutes!

Hi i got an invite on 2Aug for Accountant (General) category -65pts. I started off with setting up my ImmiAcct and filling in details. Can someone suggest what are the next steps. I went to a agent who is trying charge a rip off pricing to help me with the visa appln, so I decided to go on my own.

I will appreciate if someone could guide me on the steps and details to complete. Thanks

I meant unless you are not claiming points for 8 yrs employment or you do not have docs to support your claim of emplyment poitns.

You'd still have to declare all employment regardless of whether you had documents to support it or not, and also if it's employment that qualified for claiming points or not.

Hi i got an invite on 2Aug for Accountant (General) category -65pts. I started off with setting up my ImmiAcct and filling in details. Can someone suggest what are the next steps. I went to a agent who is trying charge a rip off pricing to help me with the visa appln, so I decided to go on my own.

I will appreciate if someone could guide me on the steps and details to complete. Thanks

Where are you up to?